ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Smokie has been silent on wiping out the votes. I still assume that was his intention. Very unfair to both NancyL and myself. It does seen a setup to detail the success of the current leaders and give David 48 another in to a second win.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why would he wipe all the votes and start over??

He did mention taking the top 4 and let them fight it out.

If I become Polling Lord which it seems the management won't let happen as they might want to run it themselves this kind of ambiguity and major questions about the entire process being corrupted to favor an old boys club clique favorite choice other than the leaders will never be an issue.

You need to use at least one comma in a sentence that long.

I nearly passed out.

• Like 2

Smokie has been silent on wiping out the votes. I still assume that was his intention. Very unfair to both NancyL and myself. It does seen a setup to detail the success of the current leaders and give David 48 another in to a second win.

Because in all normal elections with runoffs everyone starts over again. That is fine if announced at the beginning not the end. Smokie owes us this information. If you're going to be Poll Lord year after year you need to spell out your plan clearly. Not leave massive holes of ambiguity.

Edited by Jingthing

Has a reason been given for having a run off - does a reason need to be given if there are no rules?

The reason seems to be doing anything possible - no matter how dishonest or immoral - to prevent Jingthing from finally taking home the crown.

One lesson learned is that anyone who wants to win, in the future, better start kissing butt on the Pattaya forum long before the contest.

G,

I still can't see any compelling reason why anyone would want to win ..... The benefit is what?

Who knows? However, he has been desperately wanting to win it for years now - and, if no one changes the rules, it is within his grasp - so there is that.

Relax G

Relax JT

I have the stamina to drive JT to victory.....if he signs me up....I will take him on the songthaew to success.

JT will be POTY no matter what....the old boys club needs to suck that up.

I assumed he was intending to clear all votes and start a new fresh contest of four. That's the way runoffs usually work. Was I wrong? In either case it should not be done if it wasn't defined from the start.

Don't panic JT....the top four will keep their current tally.

It will just give other voters the chance to pick a favourite of the top four runners.

Who knows what surprise may lie in store? :D

I believe the intention is to reduce the runners to the top 4, votes will remain in place,

those eliminated votes will have the option to re-cast.

Charlie can you remove all the others bar the top four now please....then may the best one win! :)

• Like 1

If Smokie goes ahead with his last minute change especially if wiping out all votes ... David48 would have an excellent shot. Again. Is that fair to NancyL or myself?

Its fair.

Next.....

Because in all normal elections with runoffs everyone starts over again. That is fine if announced at the beginning not the end. Smokie owes us this information. If you're going to be Poll Lord year after year you need to spell out your plan clearly. Not leave massive holes of ambiguity.

In this type of election JT, when the lower echelons drop off, the ones who have voted for them re-vote for the remaining candidates, who keep their current scores. I agree, if this is not the case, it will be unfair.

I believe the intention is to reduce the runners to the top 4, votes will remain in place,

Charlie can you remove all the others bar the top four now please....then may the best one win! smile.png

clap2.gif

If Smokie goes ahead with his last minute change especially if wiping out all votes ... David48 would have an excellent shot. Again. Is that fair to NancyL or myself?

Its fair.

Next.....

Post withdrawn

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Jingthing

Reduce it to top 2 and let's get this done.

I oppose that as well. This process was begun with no runoff mentioned so it should be left alone to finish that way.

Don't leap off the Jumeriah Beach Hotel.....get scheming JT....you still have this one in the bag IMHO.

This contest took a wrong turn when some people decided to make it political , and started taking themselves and this contest way too seriously.

, many votes were cast not in the spirit that it was intended and the results are skewed in a direction other than the intended direction of who do we consider poster of the year.

A runoff would reset this, if the voting that has already occurred is fair and was done for the right reasons then the recipients of such votes should have nothing to worry about and the current results will stand,in fact a runoff should be welcomed as it would further legitimize the results . Any complaining about a runoff shows a lock of confidence in the legitimacy of the current results IMO

• Like 2

Its fair.

Next.....

So you are wiping out all votes to zero? Yes or no?

NO.

Reduce it to top 2 and let's get this done.

I oppose that as well. This process was begun with no runoff mentioned so it should be left alone to finish that way.

File a complaint with the EC or Supreme Court.

• Like 2

Charlie can you remove all the others bar the top four now please....then may the best one win! :)

I object !

The Jingthing team will be activating our legal counsel from Gerben, Hampster & Wheel to suspend all proceedings whilst this matter is examined by the courts.

I object !

The Jingthing team will be activating our legal counsel from Gerben, Hampster & Wheel to suspend all proceedings whilst this matter is examined by the courts.

Where are my tacos at La Monita vouchers that you promised me for my birthday???

• Like 1

This thread is almost as hot as Jingthing in leather !

JT will you ever forgive me and allow me back up behind you to drive the JT team to victory ?

You sound like that Aussie car salesman on TV. "I stand behind every car I sell." It fails to mention that he has to as he has to push or the car will not move. The question is whether JT likes to be pushed or to push.

• Like 1