Myanmar embassy seeking defence witnesses for Koh Tao accused

Lite Beer

The Brit Police did not pass any information on to the Family's of the murder victims it was the prosecution....... and the release of the Family's statements tied in nicely with their scheme..............

Time line,

2nd Dec prosecutors request more time.....Given 12 more days

3rd Dec Prosecutors claim case against Koh Tao Myanmar pair is solid

Tawatchai Seangchaew, who heads the Office of State Attorney Region 8, said yesterday that lingering doubt among social-media users may stem from the fact they have not seen all the evidence.

"When the case reaches the court, the two suspects will be brought to the courtroom. There, they can plead innocent or guilty. And the court will handle the rest," he said.

Tawatchai said parents of the victims would be notified about the progress in the case before the hearings start.

Source: http://www.nationmul...i-30249057.html

5th Dec FCO releases statements from the Family's

8th Dec, B2 Charged.......................

EDIT, Coincidence...................I think not.

PS It is now Christmas have a gud un.

Edited by Willy Eckerslike
  • Like 2

The Brit Police did not pass any information on to the Family's of the murder victims it was the prosecution....... and the release of the Family's statements tied in nicely with their scheme..............

Time line,

2nd Dec prosecutors request more time.....Given 12 more days

3rd Dec Prosecutors claim case against Koh Tao Myanmar pair is solid

Tawatchai Seangchaew, who heads the Office of State Attorney Region 8, said yesterday that lingering doubt among social-media users may stem from the fact they have not seen all the evidence.

"When the case reaches the court, the two suspects will be brought to the courtroom. There, they can plead innocent or guilty. And the court will handle the rest," he said.

Tawatchai said parents of the victims would be notified about the progress in the case before the hearings start.

Source: http://www.nationmul...i-30249057.html

5th Dec FCO releases statements from the Family's

8th Dec, B2 Charged.......................

EDIT, Coincidence...................I think not.

PS It is now Christmas have a gud un.

Sums it all up, this face saving farce

So the British police just wasted our tax money to lounge around in Thailand for a couple of weeks occasionally going to meetings where a Thai policeman verbally translated some limited sections of the prosecution evidence to them, not even giving them the originals to let the embassy arrange decent translations. Then this was somehow translated into powerful and convincing evidence back home for the decedents' poor families and deliberately loaded into a statement by HMG that was cynically timed to cause maximum devastating effect to damage the defence case in a death penalty case for the sake of warm and fuzzy relations with a military government? It seems almost unbelievable but HMG had not come out with anything toake me think otherwise.

Instead of going to Thailand to listen to poor translations of selected bits of police evidence at taxpayers' expense, the police could have busied themselves at home by taking witness statements from David and Hannah's travelling companions and others who were there in that night. They could still have enjoyed a free trip to Milan to interview the elusive Sean McAnna, if he hasn't drifted on from there yet.

"Then this was somehow translated into powerful and convincing evidence back home for the decedents' poor families and deliberately loaded into a statement by HMG that was cynically timed to cause maximum devastating effect to damage the defence case in a death penalty case for the sake of warm and fuzzy relations with a military government?"

Correct apart from the fact that the "powerful and convincing evidence" was supplied by the Prosecution circa 2 days before the release of the family's statements and 5 days before the B2 were charged.

• Like 1

So the FCO's PR department deliberately distorted the facts to make it sound as if the evidence that was described as "powerful and convincing" by David's family had been conveyed to the families by British police who had in the process endorsed it, as did by implication, the British government, which is how it was reported in Yhai mainstream media?

British police are now being made to look bad but in reality they were probably quite open with the families that they were unable to do anything at all in Thailand, except be read aloud selections of the police evidence that had already been reported in much greater detail in Thai media. The spin, which appears to be nothing less than a deliberate attempt to pervert the course of justice in a death penalty trial to the disadvantage of the accused seems to have come from the FCO which allowed itself to be manipulated by the prosecution. As a UK taxpayer I would like to see a detailed investigation as to how and why this happened. Some resignations or, at least, transfers to inactive positions would be appropriate.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

So the FCO's PR department deliberately distorted the facts toake it sound as if the evidence that was described as "powerful and convincing" by David's family had been conveyed to the families by British police who had in the process endorsed it, as did by implication, the British government, which is how it was reported in Yhai mainstream media?

British police are now being made to look bad but in reality they were probably quite open with the families that they were unable to do anything at all in Thailand. The spin, which appears to be nothing less than a drliberate attempt to pervert the course of justice in a death penalty to the disadvantage of the accused seems to have come from the FCO. As a UK taxpayer I would like to see a detailed investigation as to how and why this happened. Some resignations or, at least, transfers to inactive positions would be appropriate.

Good post Dog'

I do not think the FCO deliberately distorted the facts, they were probably unwitting accomplices....whatever, I agree they do need to be brought to book over the issue.

I also think the Brit police are well pissed off with it all and they made that quite clear when emphasising their statement by double spacing their words....

So the British police just wasted our tax money to lounge around in Thailand for a couple of weeks occasionally going to meetings where a Thai policeman verbally translated some limited sections of the prosecution evidence to them, not even giving them the originals to let the embassy arrange decent translations. Then this was somehow translated into powerful and convincing evidence back home for the decedents' poor families and deliberately loaded into a statement by HMG that was cynically timed to cause maximum devastating effect to damage the defence case in a death penalty case for the sake of warm and fuzzy relations with a military government? It seems almost unbelievable but HMG had not come out with anything toake me think otherwise.

Instead of going to Thailand to listen to poor translations of selected bits of police evidence at taxpayers' expense, the police could have busied themselves at home by taking witness statements from David and Hannah's travelling companions and others who were there in that night. They could still have enjoyed a free trip to Milan to interview the elusive Sean McAnna, if he hasn't drifted on from there yet.

They maybe experts in their field in the UK but coming here it was easy for the RTP to pull the wool over their eyes.These UK cops know nothing about Thailand and how it works, pretty much like a 1st time tourist trying to play the game down soi Nana.

• Like 1

Posts containing links to Andrew Drummond's site have been removed. Please understand Thai Visa is not employed as a tool to obtain information for Andrew Drummond nor do we use material from his web site.

A post lobbying for donations has been removed as well as the replies:

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining. before joining to be approved. http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

Posts containing links to Andrew Drummond's site have been removed. Please understand Thai Visa is not employed as a tool to obtain information for Andrew Drummond nor do we use material from his web site.

A post lobbying for donations has been removed as well as the replies:

22) Members are forbidden to ask for or accept donations, gifts or commissions from other members, any charities must contact support for approval before joining. before joining to be approved. http://www.thaivisa.com/contact

I really understand thai v rule. But just out of curiosity if defense team applied to advertise for donations, does Thaivisa accept that. I know many people want to donate to this cause. But don't know how.

Just seen pics on fb of someone going into monkhood. Shouldn't he be at uni?

How is that not a loss of face and admission of something?

I too will pledge some more to the 2 boys today, and hope for their nightmare to end soon.

I have looked at that picture.

It really looks staged. There's someone lying down. Another one looking like he is holding up the one lying down. Nomsod behind holding (I know the ceremony flowers )in place of the you know what. Then one guy in the left holding his hand like the gimpy hand. They are all grouped around nomsod. Saying what??

post-147580-0-57736200-1419561019_thumb.

IMPORTANT! HOW DEFENSE TEAM IS FUNDED

While we are not allowed to post here seeking help, I have now been authorized to advise all on these TVF postings that

"Thanks. Whatever comes into my account is for the boys defense, I had no other income so it's clearly 100% going to the case, you can reassure them! Andy."

Andy is of course Andy Hall who has been supervising the fund and disbursing it's proceeds; the same fund that I am monitoring to assure all that he is doing a great job.

Please find the fund on line using a Google search for "you care Burmese defendants" and key words such as that.

Andy Hall is extensively found with a Google search as well. Contact him directly if any need further assurances.

I can be reached by IM if you have any direct pertinent questions for me.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

I am sure the majority of posters on here think that the two Burmese are innocent. I also think that they have been set-up as scapegoats, possibly with large amounts of money changing hands to ensure a conviction. Otherwise, the RTP wouldn't have pursued this case to the trial - they are not totally blind, and must be aware of the many inconsistencies that has led to a doubtful indictment.

IMO, the defence MUST counter and discredit whatever DNA evidence is submitted by the prosecution. This is critical and the key to a successful defence. Ensure Thailand's leading forensic pathologist is called upon to testify on the collection of samples as an opener, followed by her opinion on how much weight can be given to the process and end results.

The defence must also contest the alleged scenario:

- only four persons at the crime scene?

- no DNA of the male victim on the alleged murder weapon?

- etc. etc.

- question the motivation - it's a crime of revenge, not lust. Question the re-enactment directed by the RTP (which is unlawful). The alleged stealing of a phone and sunglasses - just not realistic as a motive. Who in their right mind would steal sunglasses after murdering two victims?

I am sure the many posters on here can add more as to why the Burmese are innocent of the charges brought against them.

• Like 2

10846384_10205709046393824_4992774214714826275_n.jpg

While not expressly authorized to speak on behalf of Zaw Lin, Wai Phyo, or other members of the defense team on this subject, please on their behalf accept my heart-felt thanks for the generosity and kindness expressed here for the lads and the defense team who know of your acts and you words, and take great comfort from them.

As the more active members of the defense team assemble on Samui for the hearing later this week, know that your thoughts and prayers for the lads and the team are very important.

To all I wish a Happy and a Merry Christmas.

Well done team. At least one of the boys has a passport and is here legally. bet that was a jaw dropping moment for the prosecution. Hope today. Boxing day. Is a good day for the defense.

• Like 1

"Not sure of you read the forums here but I don't think i've seen anybody seriously imply that sean was a killer."

Actually, he has been accused of being the killer, under some ridiculous gay jealously rampage theory, both by a policeman at some point, and by some posters here in TV still. Even on this very thread page you have Stephen Terry making the accusation (before retracting it because it's so easy to mistake a murderer with a witness to a murder rolleyes.gif ).

"If that was indeed the case then why didn't the moustachioed cop pick up his radio and call for backup, cuff sean and take him away if they were so convinced he was the killer"

I don't know, do you know? How do you know he had a radio?

My guess is, as I said, that the two were two hot heads acting on what they "knew".

"And correct me if i'm wrong but Mon is not a police officer, an investigator or a judge. So why exactly does he have any business chasing down innocent people and supposedly threatening them? Care to explain that one away?"

About the same business as some people here fantasizing about chasing down the "real murderers", for example, none.

Ridiculous, eh?

There was a poster here before who was the first person I noticed who firmly believed that the RTP had got the right guys and that the 2 Burmese lads are guilty. He believed it so firmly that he seemed to be dedicated to shouting down any suggestion from any other posters that anyone but the 2 Burmese lads could have done it. So active was he with his posting on these Koh Tao threads that it seemed to me his intent was not to actually convince anyone of the Burmese lads guilt, but to stifle open and free discussion about who may be involved if in fact the 2 Burmese lads are innocent, as many believe. Perhaps he theorized that if the focus was kept purely on debating the pros and cons of the case against the B2 no one would shine the spotlight on any person or persons unknown. and it seemed to me that his efforts were intended to protect this person or persons unknown from coming under suspicion. The poster in question is openly gay, and I believe he is a keen diver who frequents Koh Tao. When it was suggested that perhaps there was a gay connection to the murders, he packed up his keyboard and moved on. Maybe he didn't think it was quite so ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people being gay, and I'm not a homophobe. What I do have a problem with is the prospect of anyone deliberately claiming they believe in the guilt of the B2 in order to protect others of the same sexuality who may have been involved in the murders. What I find particularly reprehensible about this is not only the prospect of 2 young lads who may well be innocent being given the death penalty, but also the fact that if they are innocent then there is a violent, dangerous and probably psychotic person or persons out there who will no doubt be overflowing with confidence right now due to the fact that he/she/they is most likely getting away with murder. If such a person or persons exist there is no guarantee that they are not still on Koh Tao. Just what you don't need - a psychotic with a swagger on a small island with a regular turnover of young men and women who almost exactly match the profile of last victims, poor David & Hannah.

What I also have a problem with is the prospect of a parent somewhere who, after reading these threads mistakenly believes that based on the sheer volume of posts the majority of people on this site are of the opinion that the B2 are guilty and the killers are locked up, when in fact it is only the view of a handful of posters and the vast majority do not believe this. That parent may feel that all the people who think the killer is locked up seem intelligent and articulate individuals and everyone else must be a crazy conspiracy theorist as claimed, and so decides to give approval to their son or daughter's planned trip to Thailand that includes a visit to Koh Tao. That prospect disturbs me.

Yes, ridiculous, as you post clearly demonstrates, for example with outrageous claims like this:

"What I do have a problem with is the prospect of anyone deliberately claiming they believe in the guilt of the B2 in order to protect others of the same sexuality who may have been involved in the murders."

Good thing you are not a homophone though. :rolleyes:

"Not sure of you read the forums here but I don't think i've seen anybody seriously imply that sean was a killer."

Actually, he has been accused of being the killer, under some ridiculous gay jealously rampage theory, both by a policeman at some point, and by some posters here in TV still. Even on this very thread page you have Stephen Terry making the accusation (before retracting it because it's so easy to mistake a murderer with a witness to a murder rolleyes.gif ).

"If that was indeed the case then why didn't the moustachioed cop pick up his radio and call for backup, cuff sean and take him away if they were so convinced he was the killer"

My guess is, as I said, that the two were two hot heads acting on what they "knew".

"And correct me if i'm wrong but Mon is not a police officer, an investigator or a judge. So why exactly does he have any business chasing down innocent people and supposedly threatening them? Care to explain that one away?"

About the same business as some people here fantasizing about chasing down the "real murderers", for example, none.

Ridiculous, eh?

There was a poster here before who was the first person I noticed who firmly believed that the RTP had got the right guys and that the 2 Burmese lads are guilty. He believed it so firmly that he seemed to be dedicated to shouting down any suggestion from any other posters that anyone but the 2 Burmese lads could have done it. So active was he with his posting on these Koh Tao threads that it seemed to me his intent was not to actually convince anyone of the Burmese lads guilt, but to stifle open and free discussion about who may be involved if in fact the 2 Burmese lads are innocent, as many believe. Perhaps he theorized that if the focus was kept purely on debating the pros and cons of the case against the B2 no one would shine the spotlight on any person or persons unknown. and it seemed to me that his efforts were intended to protect this person or persons unknown from coming under suspicion. The poster in question is openly gay, and I believe he is a keen diver who frequents Koh Tao. When it was suggested that perhaps there was a gay connection to the murders, he packed up his keyboard and moved on. Maybe he didn't think it was quite so ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people being gay, and I'm not a homophobe. What I do have a problem with is the prospect of anyone deliberately claiming they believe in the guilt of the B2 in order to protect others of the same sexuality who may have been involved in the murders. What I find particularly reprehensible about this is not only the prospect of 2 young lads who may well be innocent being given the death penalty, but also the fact that if they are innocent then there is a violent, dangerous and probably psychotic person or persons out there who will no doubt be overflowing with confidence right now due to the fact that he/she/they is most likely getting away with murder. If such a person or persons exist there is no guarantee that they are not still on Koh Tao. Just what you don't need - a psychotic with a swagger on a small island with a regular turnover of young men and women who almost exactly match the profile of last victims, poor David & Hannah.

What I also have a problem with is the prospect of a parent somewhere who, after reading these threads mistakenly believes that based on the sheer volume of posts the majority of people on this site are of the opinion that the B2 are guilty and the killers are locked up, when in fact it is only the view of a handful of posters and the vast majority do not believe this. That parent may feel that all the people who think the killer is locked up seem intelligent and articulate individuals and everyone else must be a crazy conspiracy theorist as claimed, and so decides to give approval to their son or daughter's planned trip to Thailand that includes a visit to Koh Tao. That prospect disturbs me.

Yes, ridiculous, as you post clearly demonstrates, for example with outrageous claims like this:

"What I do have a problem with is the prospect of anyone deliberately claiming they believe in the guilt of the B2 in order to protect others of the same sexuality who may have been involved in the murders."

Good thing you are not a homophone though. rolleyes.gif

What is a homophone?

Ridiculous, eh?

What is a homophone?

It's a word that sounds similar to another one, like trawl and troll, for example.

Obviously that was a typo and should had said "homophobe".

post-147580-0-35206400-1419590629_thumb.

Some events in court today 26 December 2014 reported by Andy Hall on Twitter and republished on Face Book:

· Court proceedings Koh Tao murder case underway in courtroom 1 Koh Samui court. Defense/prosecution lawyers, 2 defendants present

· Zaw Lin/Wei Phyo's words written in Koh Samui court today: 'Before during the case investigation we had no chance or right to prove/speak out our innocence/the truth. We are victims of influential people.'

· Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin (Koh Tao murder case defendants) today in Koh Samui court wrote these 2 public letters saying thank-you for everyone's support, encouragement, letters and Facebook posts. http://t.co/TE8Pre7aeZ They read everything and really happy to see all this material coming their way, please continue it.

· Defence lawyers prepare to request court to postpone hearing as documents/witness issues not satisfactorily prepared, timeline too tight. No update yet on this.

· Parents and families of Wei Phyo/Zaw Lin (Koh Tao case accused) just arrived in court during case hearing with Myanmar monks.

· Emotional scenes Koh Samui courtroom as parents/family of Zaw Lin/Wei Phyo (Koh Tao accused) hold/cling to their sons during the hearing.

· Defense lawyers 4 Zaw Lin (Koh Tao accused) charged illegal entry/stay in Thailand, just produced his passport in court http://t.co/51qFnVMLCo

· Zaw Lin's passport clearly rebuts prosecutor charge illegal stay in Thailand; he was lawfully residing in Thailand at time of his arrest

· Koh Samui court head judge just asked both Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo: 'If u not involved in this crime, tell us who is. Don't be scared.'

· Zaw Lin/Wei Phyo both replied strongly to the judge's question: 'We really don't know. We were drunk, just went back home. We know nothing.'

An excellent video recap of the case (nearly up to the present) is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-iWtN4KpI&feature=youtu.be

Please view the video and share it around the world. This is a story that will not end with the death of the two lads as the prosecution, the police, the island thugs, and higher ups in the chain of government command so clearly hope.

An apologist for the elite pontificated on another location: If the prosecutors had evidence Zaw Lin was in Thailand legally, they would not have filed the charge. These people are not stupid.

My response: Stupid prosecutors. .. Hardly. But cruel and paid off.... More likely it was and remains an intentional disregard for the truth.

The first role of a prosecutor is to gather and review all the evidence in Police custody: all the evidence for and all the evidence against the interests of the accused.

The police knew of and/or actually had possession of the passport at all times since Zaw Lin was arrested and it was the police that pronounced both lads were illegally in Thailand. The prosecution is charged with knowing what is in the police and their own records. It was the prosecution that kept the lads in jail for 2 months repetitively claiming the police had not made a full report. Then, with what has been promoted as the “perfect” case against both lads, the prosecution filed charges presumably knowing what the police and the prosecutors’ own files contained… in part: Zaw Lin’s passport.

The prosecution has built a house of cards and now demands that the defendants prove their innocence! That is ass backwards even where you were raised. The law of Thailand is clear:

The requirements of a fair trial recognise that the duty on the prosecution to disclose information that might assist the defence is broad and continues throughout the trial proceedings (before and after witnesses testify) and the prosecution must monitor the testimony of witnesses and disclose information relevant to the credibility of witnesses.

The proper role of the prosecutor, contrary to popular perception, is not that of a partisan persecutor, bent on securing the conviction of an accused person, but rather a prosecutor is a quasi-judicial “minister of justice” whose detached function is to seek justice and to ensure fairness.

This principle is recognized in Thailand where it has been observed: “Principally, public prosecutors are presumed impartial throughout the criminal trial. The true aim of the prosecution should be to seek the truth rather than merely seek a conviction. Practically, this is highly possible in exercising a prosecution function stage.”

To this end prosecutors are under a continuing obligation to make full disclosure to the accused in a timely manner of all material known to the prosecutor, that is possibly relevant to any issue in a case, or to a new issue that might emerge from the material that may be relevant.

Citations will be supplied to qualified legal counsel who can understand the law and the truth, and not make up their own laws and rules of criminal procedure.

post-147580-0-68250500-1419590600_thumb.

post-147580-0-10715400-1419590607_thumb.

post-147580-0-90456100-1419590617_thumb.

post-147580-0-83737600-1419590621_thumb.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal. Please stop posting using overly large fonts.
  • Like 1

10846384_10205709046393824_4992774214714826275_n.jpg

Some events in court today 26 December 2014 reported by Andy Hall on Twitter and republished on Face Book:

· Court proceedings Koh Tao murder case underway in courtroom 1 Koh Samui court. Defense/prosecution lawyers, 2 defendants present

· Zaw Lin/Wei Phyo's words written in Koh Samui court today: 'Before during the case investigation we had no chance or right to prove/speak out our innocence/the truth. We are victims of influential people.'

· Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin (Koh Tao murder case defendants) today in Koh Samui court wrote these 2 public letters saying thank-you for everyone's support, encouragement, letters and Facebook posts. http://t.co/TE8Pre7aeZ They read everything and really happy to see all this material coming their way, please continue it.

· Defence lawyers prepare to request court to postpone hearing as documents/witness issues not satisfactorily prepared, timeline too tight. No update yet on this.

· Parents and families of Wei Phyo/Zaw Lin (Koh Tao case accused) just arrived in court during case hearing with Myanmar monks.

· Emotional scenes Koh Samui courtroom as parents/family of Zaw Lin/Wei Phyo (Koh Tao accused) hold/cling to their sons during the hearing.

· Defense lawyers 4 Zaw Lin (Koh Tao accused) charged illegal entry/stay in Thailand, just produced his passport in court http://t.co/51qFnVMLCo

· Zaw Lin's passport clearly rebuts prosecutor charge illegal stay in Thailand; he was lawfully residing in Thailand at time of his arrest

· Koh Samui court head judge just asked both Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo: 'If u not involved in this crime, tell us who is. Don't be scared.'

· Zaw Lin/Wei Phyo both replied strongly to the judge's question: 'We really don't know. We were drunk, just went back home. We know nothing.'

An excellent video recap of the case (nearly up to the present) is

Please view the video and share it around the world. This is a story that will not end with the death of the two lads as the prosecution, the police, the island thugs, and higher ups in the chain of government command so clearly hope.

An apologist for the elite pontificated on another location: If the prosecutors had evidence Zaw Lin was in Thailand legally, they would not have filed the charge. These people are not stupid.

My response: Stupid prosecutors. .. Hardly. But cruel and paid off.... More likely it was and remains an intentional disregard for the truth.

The first role of a prosecutor is to gather and review all the evidence in Police custody: all the evidence for and all the evidence against the interests of the accused.

The police knew of and/or actually had possession of the passport at all times since Zaw Lin was arrested and it was the police that pronounced both lads were illegally in Thailand. The prosecution is charged with knowing what is in the police and their own records. It was the prosecution that kept the lads in jail for 2 months repetitively claiming the police had not made a full report. Then, with what has been promoted as the perfect case against both lads, the prosecution filed charges presumably knowing what the police and the prosecutors own files contained in part: Zaw Lins passport.

The prosecution has built a house of cards and now demands that the defendants prove their innocence! That is ass backwards even where you were raised. The law of Thailand is clear:

The requirements of a fair trial recognise that the duty on the prosecution to disclose information that might assist the defence is broad and continues throughout the trial proceedings (before and after witnesses testify) and the prosecution must monitor the testimony of witnesses and disclose information relevant to the credibility of witnesses.

The proper role of the prosecutor, contrary to popular perception, is not that of a partisan persecutor, bent on securing the conviction of an accused person, but rather a prosecutor is a quasi-judicial minister of justice whose detached function is to seek justice and to ensure fairness.

This principle is recognized in Thailand where it has been observed: Principally, public prosecutors are presumed impartial throughout the criminal trial. The true aim of the prosecution should be to seek the truth rather than merely seek a conviction. Practically, this is highly possible in exercising a prosecution function stage.

To this end prosecutors are under a continuing obligation to make full disclosure to the accused in a timely manner of all material known to the prosecutor, that is possibly relevant to any issue in a case, or to a new issue that might emerge from the material that may be relevant.

Citations will be supplied to qualified legal counsel who can understand the law and the truth, and not make up their own laws and rules of criminal procedure.

It should be in an ideal world the duty of the prosecution to be impartial. However I am told that if a prosecutor in Thailand loses a case that he/she brought to the court. He/she would go down in their position or not get promotion. It in my opinion might cause a prosecutor to fight to win rather than fight fair. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ridiculous, eh?

What is a homophone?

It's the opposite of a mobile phone.

post-147580-0-33295000-1419738670_thumb. IMPORTANT REPORT ON CASE COSTS AND UPDATED PRESS COVERAGE

MWRN KOH TAO CASE ACCUSED FAIR TRIAL JUSTICE FUNDRAISER SPENDING/BALANCE SUMMARY REPORT (all costs until Dec 27th 2014)

INCOME - 532, 899 Baht

(1) You-caring online fundraiser 391, 000 (US$1 = 32.92Baht) n.b total donated, not yet deduct website variable service fee (as of 27/12/14)
(2) MWRN Thailand bank donations 115, 969 (as of 27/12/14)
(3) MWRN Myanmar bank donations 25, 920 (as of 28/11/14)

SPENDING - 482, 702 Baht

(1) Samui prison visits to 2 accused including requested food/ accessories deposits, accused personal prison account cash deposits, misc. visit materials - 36, 437 Baht
(2) Pro bono (free of charge professional fee) lawyers case costs (Nakhon Chompuchat, Senior Advisor, LCT + misc. lawyers and legal team translator visits) for travel BKK to Samui/ accommodation/misc. food costs/taxi - 164, 229 Baht
(3) MWRN investigation/ migrant community liaison work Surat Thani Province - 84, 332 Baht
(4) MWRN team Samui based accom/meal support costs - 50, 724 Baht
(5) MWRN team transport Bangkok to Samui - 83, 630 Baht
(6) MWRN team case communication costs - 11, 000 Baht
(7) Samui based petrol costs (rental car) for all activities - 6, 050 Baht
(8) Samui based car rental and taxi for all activities - 46, 300 Baht

BALANCE 50, 187 THB (532, 889 - 482, 702 = 50,187) (n.b. not yet deduct You-Caring website fee)

For more information and updated activities and spending, find the fund donation page with a simple Google search as I am not allowed to post the link here.

Andy reports: Just spoke Wei Phyo/Zaw Lin in court. Both smiled innocently as usual, said 9 months in prison is a very long time for them. But seem strong.

Prosecution witness hearings set as 8th July to 28th August 2015. Defense witness hearings set as 1st September to 25th September 2015.

Our Koh Tao case defense team includes some very talented female lawyers, translators and assistants

Wei Phyo's parents emotionally address media in tears on leaving Koh Samui court after saying goodbye to their son, saluting the King's photo at court and praying and requesting for justice

Many news stories captured and reported on here: https://www.facebook.com/andy.hall.3110?fref=nf

• Like 2

post-147580-0-97075100-1419740289_thumb. BOOKS, LETTERS, PHOTOGRAPHS ARE WANTED

Each and every foreign visitor to this once before and yet to be lovely land of smiles can and must help. Please.

The same request is being made to every Thai person who loves and respects actual justice; we can only suspect that is the vast and largest majority of this land.

Each of us is invested with the best interests for this nation:

This case is not just about the lives of these two innocent men, or the sacrificial lives lost before and to yet be taken again, but about sustaining the important immigrant labor work force so necessary to the economy of Thailand and to keeping all our businesses functioning as Thais are not able or willing to undertake the jobs immigrant labor can do so well…. If they are properly protected.

We are now preparing a realistic budget of costs we need to meet in order to provide an adequate defense to the two innocent defendants and send this important message to those who would only abuse this important migrant force needed by us all: you will not defeat us or abuse the workers we all need to protect.

In addition, we must keep up the moral support to the innocent two in jail:

Address to post letters of support and encouragement or books/photos to Zaw Lin and Wei Phyo at Koh Samui prison through official channels:

----

INMATES NAME (Zaw Lin and Wei Phyo - defendants Koh Tao murder case)
PROVINCIAL PRISON
95 MOO 5
T. MARET
KOH SAMUI
SURAT THANI
THAILAND

----

Keep the letters, photos and other materials coming into the prison to keep the boys entertained and supported.

Both guys can read and speak basic English, but if you are worried, perhaps can send a Burmese/English dictionary with the letter too

Although the photos don't clearly show it, you can see written in write on the right top hand side of Wei Phyo's t-shirt something. What the words say is 'Don't forget me.'

The letters will surely help the guys get through what is likely to be the coming days, weeks and months of detention.

In the end, however, "JUSTICE will prevail. It usually always does." Those are Andy's words, not mine. I am too much of a pragmatist and know for justice to prevail we all must pitch in , and pitch in again.

I am now committed to make a monthly substantial payment (excess of US$ 100) because they need it, not because I can so easily afford it.

We all can pitch in something, even 100 THB by ATM to the account found with a Google search as the TVF will not allow me to post it here.

And should a truly altruistic and capable reader be inclined, one who has benefited financially from his / her stay in Thailand, just perhaps we can find the large Angle we need to properly fund this case.