Inquest of Derby man found dead in Koh Tao

PREM-R

I have not advanced any "theory" as to what happened. I have said, repeatedly, that we do not know and likely never will.

It is quite common for news articles to mix up details e.g. 1 Am, 2AM.

You seem to be under the incorrect impression that the police investigated this and found it to be an accidental death. The whole point is that they did not investigate, at all. For which I do indeed find fault.

I am under no impression as I only have read the news articles. According to that the RTP has send a report to the British police. That they haven't investigated the incident at all is put here first and a RTP officer should have right to reply here. Better would have been to asked the RTP prior before claiming that no investigation has taken place. That certainly would have cleared it up.

You also stated that "theirs are the only statements that there are to go by". Now look at the statement the pathologist made and what the mother implies.

So you give more credit to media report than to a first hand testimony of someone who knew the poor guy?

And this is a free forum, I guess if someone of RTP wants to tell their side of the story here is welcome, but don't expect that, so don't blame Sheryl for that.

I don't give credit to anything if you read my replies correctly. What I observed is that statements are inconsistent and that the findings of the pathologist are questioned by the mother of the dead person.

What gets me up in arms is the fact that whatever happens in Thailand to foreigners is grasps upon by the people that seem to be very unhappy in my country.

# 8 Lawless that’s what is happening; that’s what you get when you don't punish 'elite" criminals; Murder, rape and extortion...; Welcome to Koh Tao

# 22 Thai police don't cooperate - no compassion, tough luck foreigners. Thais have a bad attitude. Everyone knows that.

# 28 Look , only a few people are left still believing the Thai versions on almost anything these days. Some people refer to them as suckers - fools.

# 31 The RTP covering things up is hardly a far fetched scenario either is it ?

# 35 An appointed Thai one- whose evidence is refuted in more civilised countries

And it goes on and on.

But what would happen if I would say that all expats from the UK are here to assault and abuse Thai children?

Here is an article from the Guardian that shows that the cover up of child abuse is perfected for decades in the UK with the help of D notices that cover aspects of national security. Members of parliament and government figures seem to be involved in abuse and even murder of children it appears.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/20/newspaper-boss-police-vip-paedophile-coverup-claim

It wouldn’t be fair now to claim all male British people are falling into that same category but for expats to make statements about all Thais comes very easy it seems following most forums here.

Edited by ThaiUser
  • Like 1

there are a lot of bitter sad foreigners in Thailand. There also some well adjusted ones as well

normal for all countries

I know and most of the foreigners I did meet here are nice and charming people. I have lived for over 20 years in the UK before returning to my country and there are many things I could generalise on and write about, but I also know that it wouldn’t be fair towards the majority of people.

But some commentators think everything is permissible when it comes to Thais without making any distinction between the good and the rotten apples.

This was the guy, who according to the RTP fell of a cliff 50 meters into sea and drowned.

Despite the 50 meter fall, there was not a scratch on his body!!

Another fine piece of investigative work by the RTP!!

Or in other words, another case of sweeping under the carpet, what really happened!!

So there is a cover-up because he had no "scratches", OK.

From the article you didn't even bother to read:

"He said: There were some bruises on his face. He could have fell, bumped, or been assaulted. From a pathologists point of view, his injuries are not from an assault but I cant rule it out.

He said a lot of the injuries had occurred after his death."

And right on cue comes our resident (possibly quite literally) Koh Tao apologist.

And why are they an apologist for quoting what was really said rather than the lies and supposition you and the other Thai haters use???

post-224694-0-90185000-1419136792.jpg

• Like 1

this is a forum not real life

for some this is the only place to whine

What you are saying is that slander, insult and liable comments are permissible as long as it involves common Thai people and no laws preventing you ending up in prison as you would when doing this to the wrong people?

Let me tell you, anybody that declares that all Thais are cheats, liars etc forgets that our Royal Family is part of Thailand too and they are Thais. So maybe selecting the words more careful would make sense even if it is a forum and not real life.

Edited by ThaiUser

I am not an investigator of any kind.

But all jokes aside it would be pretty logical to ask a few questions:

1) 50ft or 50m fall it was? There is a big difference.

2) What is the terrain profile (cliff shape) where he possibly could have fallen?

3) Are there rocks or sand at the foot of the cliff?

4) Where is the waterline at high/low tide? I mean at any place he possibly could have fallen.

Naturally, I do not know any answers like anybody else on this site. Just logical speculations.

These and many other questions should have been answered by investigating experts.

If his body 'touched' the cliff during the fall there would have been clearly visible signs.

If his body fell on the rocks - more so.

If his body fell on the sand - again there would have been clearly seen external and internal injuries.

If his body fell into water deep enough - there might have been minimal visible signs.

Questions, questions, questions... but where are the answers?

• Like 1

2) What is the terrain profile (cliff shape) where he possibly could have fallen?

4) Where is the waterline at high/low tide? I mean at any place he possibly could have fallen.

Naturally, I do not know any answers like anybody else on this site. Just logical speculations.

These and many other questions should have been answered by investigating experts.

If his body 'touched' the cliff during the fall there would have been clearly visible signs.

If his body fell on the sand - again there would have been clearly seen external and internal injuries.

If his body fell into water deep enough - there might have been minimal visible signs.

If his body fell in water he would have drown. Don't think that was the cause of death.

So you give more credit to media report than to a first hand testimony of someone who knew the poor guy?

And this is a free forum, I guess if someone of RTP wants to tell their side of the story here is welcome, but don't expect that, so don't blame Sheryl for that.

I don't give credit to anything if you read my replies correctly. What I observed is that statements are inconsistent and that the findings of the pathologist are questioned by the mother of the dead person.

What gets me up in arms is the fact that whatever happens in Thailand to foreigners is grasps upon by the people that seem to be very unhappy in my country.

# 8 Lawless that’s what is happening; that’s what you get when you don't punish 'elite" criminals; Murder, rape and extortion...; Welcome to Koh Tao

# 22 Thai police don't cooperate - no compassion, tough luck foreigners. Thais have a bad attitude. Everyone knows that.

# 28 Look , only a few people are left still believing the Thai versions on almost anything these days. Some people refer to them as suckers - fools.

# 35 An appointed Thai one- whose evidence is refuted in more civilised countries

And it goes on and on.

But what would happen if I would say that all expats from the UK are here to assault and abuse Thai children?

Here is an article from the Guardian that shows that the cover up of child abuse is perfected for decades in the UK with the help of D notices that cover aspects of national security. Members of parliament and government figures seem to be involved in abuse and even murder of children it appears.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/20/newspaper-boss-police-vip-paedophile-coverup-claim

It wouldn’t be fair now to claim all male British people are falling into that same category but for expats to make statements about all Thais comes very easy it seems following most forums here.

It seems you're going far off topic, starting a crusafe against foreigners negative about Thailand.

Indeed in this forum there are some of them but there are also some depicting Thailand like a perfect paradise... of course truth is in the middle. We should make a equilibrate analysis and not going to get all emotional or upset about some post that's obviously a rant.

Sheryl post seemed to me equilibrated differently from some of the ones you quoted...

I'm overall happy to live in Thailand but I feel if we can all can give a contribution to make it a better and SAFER place that would be just good for your country.

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

Why do people still go there?

Or is it a case of; Man you gotta go there you can get anything, do anything the cops are in on it nothing ever happens.

Heard a few young people talk like this about a few tourist backpacker places around the world, and for most it's true nothing happens, sadly not for all.

I agree with you and some of these questions I have raised in my comments too and a few of them have been answered by the coroner and the pathologist.

The coroner concluded that the victim drowned and that he had about 3 times the limit of alcohol in his blood permissible when driving in the UK. The pathologist concluded that most of the injuries have been inflicted after his death and in his opinion have not been a result of an assault. The police states that he was found in the sea. The location at the resort has many rocks in the sea and if (I am not saying that because I don’t know) the swell and waves have been strong enough the body might have been thrown against the rocks until recovered, accounting for the injuries.

Still I keep an open mind but I am not prepared to already charge and convict without being presented with all the evidence available as many of the commentators are willing to do.

And it goes on and on.

It seems you're going far off topic, starting a crusafe against foreigners negative about Thailand.

Indeed in this forum there are some of them but there are also some depicting Thailand like a perfect paradise... of course truth is in the middle. We should make a equilibrate analysis and not going to get all emotional or upset about some post that's obviously a rant.

Sheryl post seemed to me equilibrated differently from some of the ones you quoted...

I'm overall happy to live in Thailand but I feel if we can all can give a contribution to make it a better and SAFER place that would be just good for your country.

I don't think I am off topic and certainly don't start a crusade against foreigners negative about Thailand. You might want to listen to my husband to convince you otherwise. After living abroad for over 20 years I know that my country in many respects is not perfect and I don’t mind critic at all. But what I hate is generalisation applying all the negatives spotted to all Thai people as is done in many of the comments here.

What I want is some fairness before accusing all Thais of being part of a conspiracy against foreigners. Without foreigners and tourism my country couldn’t survive in today’s world and I certainly not going to deny that.

I also agree that the family of the victim deserves answers to their questions, but the questions should be raised about the circumstances and not be formed around already predefined answers.

I agree with you and some of these questions I have raised in my comments too and a few of them have been answered by the coroner and the pathologist.

The coroner concluded that the victim drowned and that he had about 3 times the limit of alcohol in his blood permissible when driving in the UK. The pathologist concluded that most of the injuries have been inflicted after his death and in his opinion have not been a result of an assault. The police states that he was found in the sea. The location at the resort has many rocks in the sea and if (I am not saying that because I don’t know) the swell and waves have been strong enough the body might have been thrown against the rocks until recovered, accounting for the injuries.

Still I keep an open mind but I am not prepared to already charge and convict without being presented with all the evidence available as many of the commentators are willing to do.

Having lived here for over a decade, I agree with many of your points and do not think you are starting some kind of crusade.

I can understand your frustration at the Thai haters, most of whom probably dont live here.

However, without pointing blame it is apparent that an investigation was warranted and the lack of any communication from the Thai police to the British authorities after it was requested is both unprofessional and insensitive.

Many foreigners here are frustrated by their lack of status as much as anything, particularly as they assist in helping the economy by bringing their cash here and supporting their Thai families.

There are faults on both sides and only the authorities can change foreigners perceptions of them and the country.

Most of us know that the Thai people, generally, are a welcoming, friendly and fun loving people. Unfortunately, they do not drive the international perception of Thailand, the Junta and more recently, the RTP do.

Therein lies the problem.

• Like 1

Having lived here for over a decade, I agree with many of your points and do not think you are starting some kind of crusade.

I can understand your frustration at the Thai haters, most of whom probably dont live here.

However, without pointing blame it is apparent that an investigation was warranted and the lack of any communication from the Thai police to the British authorities after it was requested is both unprofessional and insensitive.

Many foreigners here are frustrated by their lack of status as much as anything, particularly as they assist in helping the economy by bringing their cash here and supporting their Thai families.

There are faults on both sides and only the authorities can change foreigners perceptions of them and the country.

Most of us know that the Thai people, generally, are a welcoming, friendly and fun loving people. Unfortunately, they do not drive the international perception of Thailand, the Junta and more recently, the RTP do.

Therein lies the problem.

I fully agree with you and I have always advocated that foreigners having family in Thailand should be given the same status that I have earned in Europe after being married 20 years to a European. Meaning I also hold a European passport and can’t see why that courtesy should be extended in my country to foreigners that are married here.

Most Thais that have discussed the subject with agree with me but there are a group within Thailand that find that unacceptable because it would diminish their stronghold they have on the general population.

• Like 1

Tourists should avoid going to stay on this death-island, think twice before going!

No, tourists should just be wise enough to not mess with the local mafia. If you keep to yourself and away from bars and drugs it's a wonderful island.

What a silly thing to say.

If I lined up 10 Thais could you distinguish which ones are connected and can get away with murder?

IMO. Yes. Nomsod, Mon, the policeman friend and the shark tooth ring man

"He said: “There were some bruises on his face. He could have fell, bumped, or been assaulted. From a pathologist’s point of view, his injuries are not from an assault but I can’t rule it out.”

And right on cue comes our resident (possibly quite literally) Koh Tao apologist.

Right on cue you attack the poster instead of addressing the post.

Because ... There are certain posters on this forum who can be counted upon to post with an agenda therefore rendering their views ignorant at best or self-interested, worst. You're one of them. Blocked.

Right, pointing out the factual errors in someone's post is so ignorant and self-interested that you can't face it and have to block the person from further upsetting you by correction people. Good show... rolleyes.gif

Edited by AleG

This was the guy, who according to the RTP fell of a cliff 50 meters into sea and drowned.

Or in other words, another case of sweeping under the carpet, what really happened!!

"He said: There were some bruises on his face. He could have fell, bumped, or been assaulted. From a pathologists point of view, his injuries are not from an assault but I cant rule it out.

And why are they an apologist for quoting what was really said rather than the lies and supposition you and the other Thai haters use???

Some people can't handle the truth.

And why are they an apologist for

He said he could have fell, bumped or been assaulted....You seem to have ruled out any chance of him being assaulted. So now its either he fell or bumped.

Cause of death- fell bumped. signed AleG 12.51. 21/12/14.

Unfortunately, the parents will never find out the truth, but is good to see that at least they are pushing for it. Better than parents of kids slaughtered on that god-forsaken island who claim to be satisfied with the official version that screams, "Stitchup, coverup, liar, liar, pants on fire!" right into your face!

Wouldn't be very surprised if the murderers of that unfortunate boy are the same as Hannah's and David's. Motive here is similar - the boy was in love with the girlfriend of a (surprise, surprise!) son of a Koh Tao mafia kingpin (who could it be, hhhhmmm, let me think, who could it be? where did I hear that phrase again ????) and paid the ultimate price for it. His face was beaten in, and he was found dead in the water... Does that ring a bell?

I hope Koh Tao will go down and that - somehow, some day - a natural or man made disaster will punish the cowards on that cesspit of an island, the ones who murdered, the ones who helped to cover up the crimes, and the spineless creatures who saw what happened but decided to keep their mouths shut.

Anyone on that turd(le) island knows that you gonna die if you step on the feet of the wrong people, or that at least your business will go up in flames. It seems to be generally accepted. I can't get my head around it that people wanna live and work or retire there. What idiot would opt for a violent prison as a home if he could live in a nice little town whithout mafia structures and fear?

"Wouldn't be very surprised if the murderers of that unfortunate boy..." You have no idea if he was murdered.

"Motive here is similar" no idea about this neither.

You made this up: "the boy was in love with the girlfriend of a (surprise, surprise!) son of a Koh Tao mafia kingpin"

You also made this up: "His face was beaten in"

Then, based on your make believe arguments you want to see the people on the island punished.

He said he could have fell, bumped or been assaulted....You seem to have ruled out any chance of him being assaulted. So now its either he fell or bumped.

Quote me were I said that I have "ruled out any chance of him being assaulted".

Quote me where I quoted you.

My what a fun game this is.

Quote me where I quoted you.

My what a fun game this is.

Here you put words in my mouth explicitly excluding assault: "Cause of death- fell bumped. signed AleG 12.51. 21/12/14."

You are trying to punch above your weight with your "games"

there are a lot of bitter sad foreigners in Thailand. There also some well adjusted ones as well

normal for all countries

I know and most of the foreigners I did meet here are nice and charming people. I have lived for over 20 years in the UK before returning to my country and there are many things I could generalise on and write about, but I also know that it wouldn’t be fair towards the majority of people.

But some commentators think everything is permissible when it comes to Thais without making any distinction between the good and the rotten apples.

Stereotyping and generalizing based on nationality, race or sexual preference is usually the realm of the narrow minded. There are a few posters on here, we all know the ones, who take every opportunity to bash either Thais, Russians, Chinese, British and Americans, Ladyboys, gays, Jews and Moslems, or a selection thereof.

They are more to be pitted. Ignore them, no matter how inflammatory they are in their trolling.

• Like 2

How can the sea put a scratch on ones body? I have never heard of it

Possibly by throwing it against the rocks?

Unfortunately, the parents will never find out the truth, but is good to see that at least they are pushing for it. Better than parents of kids slaughtered on that god-forsaken island who claim to be satisfied with the official version that screams, "Stitchup, coverup, liar, liar, pants on fire!" right into your face!

Wouldn't be very surprised if the murderers of that unfortunate boy are the same as Hannah's and David's. Motive here is similar - the boy was in love with the girlfriend of a (surprise, surprise!) son of a Koh Tao mafia kingpin (who could it be, hhhhmmm, let me think, who could it be? where did I hear that phrase again ????) and paid the ultimate price for it. His face was beaten in, and he was found dead in the water... Does that ring a bell?

I hope Koh Tao will go down and that - somehow, some day - a natural or man made disaster will punish the cowards on that cesspit of an island, the ones who murdered, the ones who helped to cover up the crimes, and the spineless creatures who saw what happened but decided to keep their mouths shut.

Anyone on that turd(le) island knows that you gonna die if you step on the feet of the wrong people, or that at least your business will go up in flames. It seems to be generally accepted. I can't get my head around it that people wanna live and work or retire there. What idiot would opt for a violent prison as a home if he could live in a nice little town whithout mafia structures and fear?

"Wouldn't be very surprised if the murderers of that unfortunate boy..." You have no idea if he was murdered.

You made this up: "the boy was in love with the girlfriend of a (surprise, surprise!) son of a Koh Tao mafia kingpin"

Then, based on your make believe arguments you want to see the people on the island punished.

They already are. The place is dead, (no pun intended) nobody is visiting there.

• Like 1

They already are. The place is dead, (no pun intended) nobody is visiting there.

You are correct, I am informed there is a dramatic drop in income for the businesses there, not even many divers.