Panadda accused of hidden political agenda

Lite Beer

What I still don't understand is that of the 17 million tonnes stockpiled, they said something like 70% was of poor quality and even rotten -- then they announced that most of the stockpile was sold.

???

Poor quality just means not top quality which before the rice pledging Thailand was famous for. I think rotten rice was less than 2 million ton. The rest is ok after cleaning etc which is fairly standard for warehoused rice.

What I still don't understand is that of the 17 million tonnes stockpiled, they said something like 70% was of poor quality and even rotten -- then they announced that most of the stockpile was sold.

???

You don't understand because as usual did not read things properly. Can be sold, got it?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785769-government-says-167-million-tons-of-pledged-rice-can-be-sold/

Government says 16.7 million tons of pledged rice can be sold

But at what price and over what period of time in order not to distort the market has yet to be determined.

• Like 2

???

"can be sold"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785769-government-says-167-million-tons-of-pledged-rice-can-be-sold/

Look guys, politics aside, everyone and their dog knows that the rice pledging scheme was a rort of the highest level. Almost every politician in the ruling party had their finger in that pie. It was designed to be that way as a thank you to everyone who stuck by Mr T. from the lowly farmers to the highest level politician ... altogether to the tune of some 700 million baht. Added to this fact was that Mr T. thought by buying up all the Thai rice that he would corner the market and make a small fortune.Unluckily India lifted their ban on the export of Indian rice and so Mr Ts plan failed completely as that freed up thousands and thousands of tones of Indian rice.

The sorry part for Yinluck was that she was a very stupid lady and trusted the wrong peoples. She really believed she was helping the country while all her cabinet members were laughing behind her back. However she was captain of that ship and as such she will have to bear the brunt of the charges. She did not attent one single meeting of the rice committee after she had made herself the chairman.. She took the salary now she must pay the price.

So you really think that these politicians illegally siphoned hundreds of billions out of the system and NO ONE can prove anything?

The banks are democrats and the army run the country. And they as yet can't prove anything.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Rubi is correct, it must be handled as evidence.

On the other hand the red gang has zero respect for the law, they prefer to make it up as they go along, whatever best suits their agenda.

Yeah, nothing says, "Respect for the law" quite like seven months of protest followed by a military coup, tearing up the constitution, and deciding that what you say is law...

So you would prefer the scaly red gangs to continue to try to get amnesty for numerous nasty wrongdoers at 3 am in the morning whilst the good people of Thailand are asleep, and you would be OK to allow a gang of thieves to continue to rape the commowealth of the country with zero conscience, and all the while trying to change laws to aid and abet their objectives?

Do you have any morals?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

Perhaps Yingluck's lawyers can crosscheck their own comprehensive list of facts/figures of what is in storage and usable throughout the period of the rice scheme, with those the Military/current "Govt" have and then they can work out the discrepancies ...

Discrepancies according to their own numbers as of 24th April 2014 are only 2.8 million tons :

Minister Yanyong visited the NACC on Wednesday to submit a letter asserting that inspections of the rice stock in warehouses, carried out in March by Ministry of Commerce officials and members of the rice stock inspection committee, found that the entire 18.7 million tons of rice was intact and another 1.1 million tons was being fumigated.

If I understand correctly the Commerce official (Deputy Minister) involved went by the name of Nuttawat so anything is possible, including that it was all a joke.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If the rice really is that substandard/rotten, I wonder why Prayuth and his gang is paying 2 billion baht/month to keep it stored.

Friends/family in the warehouse business??

Guess we have to live with, that they are all equally rotten. Taxpayer money in their minds are considered spending money!!

When does "good condition" become rotten? Maybe only in politics.

RICE-PLEDGING SCHEME

'80% of rice is fine'

The Nation July 29, 2014 1:00 am

Only 10 per cent of rice stockpiles has spoiled and only some sacks were missing, while 80 per cent was in still good condition, the rice inspection committee reported to the Rice Policy Committee meeting yesterday.

The audit of 18 million tonnes of pledged rice stored in granaries has progressed by 72 per cent to 1,290 out of 1,787 locations nationwide.

Wonder if Panadda has got to the bottom of the investigation into the microphone purchase yet? Happened under him so i presume it would be quick and easy to conclude.

Well, it seemed it was quick and easy to have the order canceled ...

Perhaps Yingluck's lawyers can crosscheck their own comprehensive list of facts/figures of what is in storage and usable throughout the period of the rice scheme, with those the Military/current "Govt" have and then they can work out the discrepancies ...

Excellent suggestion. Being on top of the situation, as they were, they will surely have a "comprehensive list of facts/figures of what is in storage and usable throughout the period of the rice scheme" thumbsup.gif

Look guys, politics aside, everyone and their dog knows that the rice pledging scheme was a rort of the highest level. Almost every politician in the ruling party had their finger in that pie. It was designed to be that way as a thank you to everyone who stuck by Mr T. from the lowly farmers to the highest level politician ... altogether to the tune of some 700 million baht. Added to this fact was that Mr T. thought by buying up all the Thai rice that he would corner the market and make a small fortune.Unluckily India lifted their ban on the export of Indian rice and so Mr Ts plan failed completely as that freed up thousands and thousands of tones of Indian rice.

The sorry part for Yinluck was that she was a very stupid lady and trusted the wrong peoples. She really believed she was helping the country while all her cabinet members were laughing behind her back. However she was captain of that ship and as such she will have to bear the brunt of the charges. She did not attent one single meeting of the rice committee after she had made herself the chairman.. She took the salary now she must pay the price.

So you really think that these politicians illegally siphoned hundreds of billions out of the system and NO ONE can prove anything?

The banks are democrats and the army run the country. And they as yet can't prove anything.

Don't worry , they are just about to show the evidence... soon we all can see..! wai2.gif

Yes, Interesting? Refer Appendix A . Section 1. DEFINITION. 1.9 Quote" Reasonably well milled means the removal of a large amount of bran such to the extent that the rice kernels have a reasonably beautiful appearance" Unquote.

My imagination runs awry visualising the discussions that might take place between buyer and seller.

I suggest an amendment, as follows:- Reasonably well milked mean the removal of a large amount brain to the extent that the rice colonels have a reasonably atavistic appearance to continue milking.xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.6VcCaNwNXg6UA2Xd-M

On the other hand the red gang has zero respect for the law, they prefer to make it up as they go along, whatever best suits their agenda.

Yeah, nothing says, "Respect for the law" quite like seven months of protest followed by a military coup, tearing up the constitution, and deciding that what you say is law...

So you would prefer the scaly red gangs to continue to try to get amnesty for numerous nasty wrongdoers at 3 am in the morning whilst the good people of Thailand are asleep, and you would be OK to allow a gang of thieves to continue to rape the commowealth of the country with zero conscience, and all the while trying to change laws to aid and abet their objectives?

Do you have any morals?

well it seems the current lot have handled that one a whole lot better, not just amnesty for past transgressions but including future transgressions and above the law being automatically included, brilliant, I suppose khun Thaksin is green with envy

Not sure why you question the morals of Divinguy. What he did say is pretty factual even though he forgot the violation of right for Thais to run for office or vote and the sabotage of constitutionally mandated elections.

Edited by sjaak327

Very good summary Bakseeda.Will she hang around though,i hope she does,for her kids sake.She wont get long and then can do charity work and stay out of politics,it is not for you Yinny.

A lawyer throwing accusations on behalf of his client is hardly credible.

Instead of lame mud-slinging conspiracy theories maybe her legal team should come up with some concrete arguments/evidence of how the rice pledging scheme was not corrupt and that the 12% is in fact incorrect.

.................."Yeah, nothing says, "Respect for the law" quite like seven months of protest followed by a military coup, tearing up the constitution, and deciding that what you say is law..."...........................

For every problem there is a cause, or a reason. They don't just happen !

Think really hard about the lead-up to the protests and the military intervention. Do you recall anything that may have happened that would cause such prolonged and drastic actions ? I will give you a hint, it starts with Shin.................

If you are completely ignorant to the facts you should not even be posting your opinions on the subject. Or are you just blinded by hatred, looking through red tinted glasses, or brainwashed ?

Wonder if Panadda has got to the bottom of the investigation into the microphone purchase yet? Happened under him so i presume it would be quick and easy to conclude.

Yes, after they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

As far as I know, the offence of stealing, or intending to steal, does not go away just because you give the money back.

As far as I know, the offence of stealing, or intending to steal, does not go away just because you give the money back.

Till now there is no evidence Panadda was stealing or intended to steal. Most info is on high level government official involved, the guys who have been government bureaucrats so long that the difference between your tax money and their money seems to have disappeared.

Till now there is no evidence Panadda was stealing or intended to steal. Most info is on high level government official involved, the guys who have been government bureaucrats so long that the difference between your tax money and their money seems to have disappeared.

And there never will be evidence, since this incident was quickly swept under the carpet by the new "transparent" government.

And there never will be evidence, since this incident was quickly swept under the carpet by the new "transparent" government.

There may also never have been evidence that Panadda stole or intended to steal. If a report showed that, would you let the matter drop?

Is there any evidence Yingluck intended to steal? or was it just high level Government officials?

If YS is taking the brunt for corruption in a scheme as head of it, i presume ML Pannada will as well, he was after all the head?

Is there any evidence Yingluck intended to steal? or was it just high level Government officials?

If YS is taking the brunt for corruption in a scheme as head of it, i presume ML Pannada will as well, he was after all the head?

Actually Ms. Yingluck is taking the brunt for negligence and may take the brunt for corruption as she frequently stated to be the boss.

Now Panadda is accused of hidden agendas in publishing information in the reports prepared on the warehouse investigation. I'm sure the government would have loved to used the adnministration prepared under the previous government, but there doesn't seem to be much. Hence the possible charge of 'negligence'. With the tax payers footing the bill for this 'self-financing' (Thaksin thinks) Pheu Thai brain child no wonder Pheu Thai tries to distract similar to bruce 64 and you.

Don't worry though, neither of you will need to pay some of the 700 billion.

Actually Ms. Yingluck is taking the brunt for negligence and may take the brunt for corruption as she frequently stated to be the boss.

Now Panadda is accused of hidden agendas in publishing information in the reports prepared on the warehouse investigation. I'm sure the government would have loved to used the adnministration prepared under the previous government, but there doesn't seem to be much. Hence the possible charge of 'negligence'. With the tax payers footing the bill for this 'self-financing' (Thaksin thinks) Pheu Thai brain child no wonder Pheu Thai tries to distract similar to bruce 64 and you.

Great Thanks Rubl, can you answer the question?

Not in this topic

You just need to check Yingluck account, I am sure the evident is there.

Pannada on the other hand has loyal blood, hence he cannot and will not cheat/steal.