i dont think Police like cameras

wow64

Got pulled over last night by police on the side of the road. They were randomly pulling over cars and bikes.

Was riding my bike and had my wife riding passenger.

Conversation went like this... Were are you from? Not allowed in that lane..... Wife pulls out the iphone and starts filming. Not another word said and he waved us on. Didnt even ask for me licence.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64
  • Like 2

The 1st lane had trucks parked in it and the police behind them with a few cars parked there with them. So i was in the 2nd lane of 4 but could not be in the 1st lane.

Same i usually just pay. But the misses wanted to make a youlike video.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

Yes the not allowed that lane.. i hate that shit but its true bikes are not allowed on the right lane. I generally just pay up.

It's actually not true. You are allowed to overtake slower moving traffic. You can't just sit in the outside lane, you have to move back in. The rules are actually the same for cars and bikes. It was in a thread a few years ago. Someone posted a newspaper article!

Stick your indicator on. This signals that you have an intention to change lanes, so you are not breaking the law by being in an outside lane. Or something like that - Thai colleague swears by it, and he clocks up a hundred clicks a day. It must work because I've never been stopped when I've had mine on - :) :) :)

Yes the not allowed that lane.. i hate that shit but its true bikes are not allowed on the right lane. I generally just pay up.

fck that for a joke,

sometimes the right lane is the safest lane and thats WHERE i will fcking ride, and be doing traffic flow speed.

no ifs, buts or maybes

and no i wont stop if i can help it,

outdated law for when bikes weren't able to keep up with traffic.

maybe they should worry about the idiots riding at 40 kmh right lane suk for 2 ks just so they dont have to wait a bit to cross the road for a u-turn!

they're always fun to come across, doing 80+ non-sighted when changing lanes in a car!

Edited by kaorop

Getting me a camera for my helmet.

Have heard it works but now I have experienced it first hand.

The wrong lane rule in Thailand is crazy. Roads on the left are terrible. Have hit a few potholes at 80 not nice.

I have been booked in Bangkok for this many times. The other crazy rules are, on a motorcycle you are not allowed over certain bridges, can't ride on freeways, expressways or tollways. Total Madness!!. My Harley will go faster than most cars and is worth more and does less damage to the road. The last time they tried booking me for not being in the left lane I was 10 km past Cha am, heading to Bangkok. I argued and joked with him for 30 mins, then he eventually let me go with no fine. Must have realized he could book many more in the time he was wasting with me. He even said I can pay him or go and pay at the police station. I laughed and said I don't like either of the options.

I once was booked on Sukhumvit for moving to the right 150 meters before I was turning right. Even showed him on my GPS where I was going. He said not to move till you are 30 meters before the intersection. I ended up having to pay that time.

My friend in Melbourne got booked for having a go pro on his helmet. Went to court and the magistrate said if Michael Schumacher didn't have a camera on his helmet he might be ok now. He is appealing the decision.

Thanks, I will have to give the camera a go next time in Bangkok.

Edited by aussiebrian

99.99999999% of bikes still can't.

Think you are driving somewhere else as I am. Most times bikes get to places before cars and do the same distance in half the time.

Perhaps. My 'somewhere else' is all over Thailand.

99.99999999% of bikes still can't.

Think you are driving somewhere else as I am. Most times bikes get to places before cars and do the same distance in half the time.

Not in and around BKK.. maybe on the open road outside of BKK and the big cities.

Not in and around BKK.. maybe on the open road outside of BKK and the big cities.

OK I concede wai.gif , motorbikes are only incapable of keeping up with traffic 99.99999999% of the time, when travelling on 99% of Thai roads smile.png