Christmas gifts from Thai GF

ttthailand

It's that time of year again to figure out what to get the wife or gf for Christmas. I normally buy one thing nice with a few small surprises. My X Thai gf gave me nothing but was upset that she did not get a new iPhone. Me me me me ... Hahaha... Noticed I said X gf. I have a new gf this year so maybe different ....

Does your Thai wife or gf buy or give you a special gift for Christmas ?

What did you get last year ? What did you give her ?

Thais have nothing in mind about Christmas, but about presents. So do not expect anything.

Fatfather

you are correct, Christmas is not a Thai thing. It makes me laugh however that it is a one way street most of the time, they want to receive but not want to give...

My new GF however got me a surprise birthday gift so maybe this year Santa (gf) will deliver a Christmas gift also... It really don't matter what it costs it is that she cared enough to give something that's important.

• Like 1

This year I am thinking about 1 baht gold for her gift ... Together 8 months and everything so far is good so she has earned her way.

Since we are going to visit her family for Christmas I spent another 5,000 baht of gifts for everyone, baskets, cookies, remote car, little girl hand bags and a small tree with lights. I guess I am Santa ... Ho ho ho

smile.png

You can never go wrong with gold!

• Like 1

What is "1 Baht" gold? I have seen it on the forum..1 baht..2 baht...but never knew what it means.

1 baht gold is a little over 15 grams. Baht is just a way of measurement in Thailand.

Gold is a good gift as they love it and they can exchange for almost what you paid any time they need to. It will always put a smile on their face.

• Like 1

I know what I am getting for Christmas, mine already told me, but, sadly not a topic for here.

I can say I know I am delighted with it.

Me? I have spent a little over 5000 Baht on her present. Equivalent of £100. Seems silly to me to pay more, but that is just me..

• Like 1

This year I am thinking about 1 baht gold for her gift ... Together 8 months and everything so far is good so she has earned her way.

Since we are going to visit her family for Christmas I spent another 5,000 baht of gifts for everyone, baskets, cookies, remote car, little girl hand bags and a small tree with lights. I guess I am Santa ... Ho ho ho

smile.png

Interesting.

• Like 1

smile.png

Interesting.

Why would anyone buy Buddhists Christmas gifts?

Not their culture!

I am exempt from that. I am going out with a Christian :-)

• Like 1

Thais don't celebrate Christmas so i don't buy them anything. I don't give a flying fkkk about this religious misconception either but i always welcome gifts as i don't want to hurt others feelings. So far i have got two iPhones a few shirts, a pair of jeans, pair of sunglasses and a bracelet. I am humble though.

Thais don't celebrate Christmas? You might want to get yourself over to Ratchaprasong, you'll be surprised!

Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Interesting.

Why would anyone buy Buddhists Christmas gifts?
Not their culture!

Because just as I celebrate Songkran and Loy Khratong with her, I want her to share in my cultural celebrations. It's called being in a relationship.

relationship that a new one cheesy.gif 8 months honey moon period give it time !

• Like 1