New Galaxy S5

Tolley

There's no such thing as price competition in Thailand. In Tukcom, you can't be sure of what you're getting. Most folks who have experienced quality problems there switch their buying habits to brand name stores, like I did -- Big C, PowerBuy, iStudio (Mac), etc.

• Like 2

If I was spending as much money as you on a phone I think I would buy it in Central since they have a real Samsung shop on 3rd floor.

Yes as others mention, in Tukcom some shops sell cheap copies that looks like the real deal.

I stick with below 10k baht 5" phones now and they are good enough for me.

• Like 1

They change the offer from time to time. I bought there a S4 mini and got two flip-cases and a 8 GB memory card. Methinks, Numchai have a better service then the samsung shops. At least Numchai was able to order my desired model, while Samsung shop only said: no have. Can order? no have.

I tend to favor Numchai for all electronics because I've found their service to be excellent in both response and quality.

I can't get rid of the pop ups on their page and can't read the site. It keeps going back to Thai language. Do they accept COD?

There's no such thing as price competition in Thailand.

In Tukcom, you can't be sure of what you're getting.

I disagree here. Tukcom is not *one* shop but a building grouping many of them.

If you buy your expensive phone from a 3 square meter "shop" that also sell cheap copies, of course you take a big risk!

But there are at least 3 bigger shops inside Tukcom who are official Samsung resellers and you will not have any problem with these ones smile.png

Prices are probably very similar to the prices in all other Pattaya's official reseller shops though...

Was in tescos yesterday (Thepperset road, Pattaya) and they had a special price of 16400 for the S5

That is the same special price they are offering in Samsung in Central.

Bought in Central decided against going anywhere else in case of rip off.

I bought at Numchai, I would also consider buying at Powerbuy. There is no premium for paying by credit card. If there is any dispute my cc company will intercede for me or I can cancel transaction. My cc company doubles the manufacturer's warranty.

I bought at Numchai, I would also consider buying at Powerbuy. There is no premium for paying by credit card. If there is any dispute my cc company will intercede for me or I can cancel transaction. My cc company doubles the manufacturer's warranty.

Do they take COD?

Do they take COD?

Call them and ask. I understand they have online website now so it is possible they might. Since I live in Pattaya I just visit their main store on Sukumwit which was recently expanded.

It's too late for the OP but in case anyone else is looking I just saw the S5 at 15,088 Baht at the new Homepro on Sukhumvit.

There is a BigC promotion this weekend (finishes in a few hours!) that give you a 1'500 baht reduction on IT products over 12'000 baht. This promotion is available for the 16'400 baht S5 smile.png

(Saw it today at BigC Xtra Pattaya Klang)

Was in tescos yesterday (Thepperset road, Pattaya) and they had a special price of 16400 for the S5

I just come back from BigC Extra (Central Rd) and the S5 price is 16'400 baht there too.

It's a Samsung promotion on several phones until December 31

I am willing to bet a few bucks that you can buy for that price or lower also next year.

I tend to favor Numchai for all electronics because I've found their service to be excellent in both response and quality.

I agree, Numchai is similar to Powerbuy , only cheaper and better service.

And avoid Tukcom at all costs, it's a ripoff place for tourists.

• Like 1

All I know, there is nothing wrong buying a second hand phone at Tuk-Com but why buy anything new there? It may be a fake/copy and if the phone is not from the dealship, then the phone will not be under warrenty. Go to a a "real cell phone" distributor.