student visa

hi guys,

so i just wanted to know if i want to do student visa and currently on tourist visa, some people told me i cant move from tourist to student visa but i have to go first to laos and do a 3 month non imm visa come back inside thai again and only then i can do my student visa is this the process or did i skip something?

thanks in advancethumbsup.gif

You will need to go to nearby embassy or consulate to a apply to for a single entry non-ed visa with paper work from the school.

Then prior to the 90 day entry ends that the visa allows you would apply for a extension of stay based upon attending school at an immigration office.

sorry but another question came up if the first time i do the visa it costs me X amount of money when the first year is past and i want to renew it to another year does the price remains the same or goes down as i heard for the first time it costs more then to renew it after the first time you do it

thanks in advance

The price of the visa will always be 2000 baht and extensions 1900 baht unless the government change the fees for them.

I think you mean your tuition that is not the visa. I don't think schools discount the 2nd year of study.