Thai price / Foreigner price

johncat1

That carry-on does get the BP up a bit. Local 'moo krata' restaurant tried to charge the nipper full adult price yesterday simply, I reckon, because they smelt farang blood and were trying it on. Aside from kicking up a stink, only thing you can do is avoid these places or just move out. I am. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I've had a bit of a mixed bag with entry fees over the past few weeks.

Thai FIL and I were let in for free on fathers day at a strawberry farm near Buriram. The other Thais in our group had to pay.

Phanom Rung and Muang Tum temples admitted Thai FIL free for fathers day but I had to pay.

Elephant village near Surin who charge an entry fee for foreigners only wanted to charge 100 Baht entrance for my Luk Krung son but eventually relented and allowed him in free.

If anyone not happy with a 2 tier price system....simple don't pay for it....nothing to do with racism...if one travels near and far one would know thailand is not the only country...bah.gif

Try getting a cab in Malaysia. They'll take every Muslim in the queue before they'll take you.

• Like 2

OP, I'm against the 2 tier prices also.

But I have to accept it, as it is also happening in my country and other countries I have been.

Recently, after obtaining the Yellow book, I pay Thai prices.

But to make a statement that they are racists because of that, it's out of order.

It's just an attempt to increase their revenues from people that they believe that can afford to pay more.

As I said before, Thais are not racists, but they do envy foreigners earning more money than them and can have a better life.

Wouldn't you?

I'm afraid that's very Thai logic you're spouting - discrimination (of any sort) on the basis of race is RACISM..............get it?

BS.

Locals living in tourist locations all over the world pay less than tourists. Some mountain villages in Switzerland are only reachable by cable car etc. When I had an address there I got 50% discount on rail fares. And so on. People that complain about this kind of stuff complain about the use of the word Farang.

If you don't like it, just refuse to pay it, plonk your miserly $1.- instead of $5.- on the table and walk on in.

• Like 2