Seeking list of reputable Thai drug manufacturers

david_je

Anyone know where I can find an expert list of reliable, professional Thai drug manufacturers? So that when I go to the drug store for some generic medicine and they present several choices made by different local companies, I have an idea which one I should choose for the best-quality medicine.

Thanks

All you will get here is peoples personal opinion of "oh....this brand is best"......and "I took a drug from that manufacturer once and it didn't work". But in general, there is no need to buy brand name drugs. Even a good portion of generics in the USA are produced in India. The vast majority of the time, there is no problem with generic drugs and there is pretty much no chance of a generic being counterfeit.

You will find most of the big name international drug manufacturer products available.

The main Thai generic manufacturer is GPO The Government Pharmaceutical Organization.

The Thai FDA is responsible for the issuing of licences. http://www.fda.moph.go.th/eng/drug/index.stm

A list of FDA approved GMP conformance manufacturers can be found on the link above. (for some unknown reason google had a warning when I visited one of the pages.)

Edited by Farma

You will find most of the big name international drug manufacturer products available.

The main Thai generic manufacturer is GPO The Government Pharmaceutical Organization.

The GPO actually makes very few generic drugs compared to some of the other private Thai companies.

The GPO actually makes very few generic drugs compared to some of the other private Thai companies.

Agree but it does make up a large portion of the sales in some businesses I'm familiar with.

I would go with the GPO brand if available, but I have found in pharmacies, "Siam" seems to be one of the leaders in generic medications. I think whichever is cheapest would be the one I would go with....lol

Siam pharmaceutical is very good for generic antibiotics.

Berlin pharma industry is very reputable for cardiovascular meds as well as the DM. They start selling some Indian generic antibiotics as well but in my medical background opinion, Siam is better.

GPO is no good on antibiotics, certain thing they use subcontractor such as rabies( from Sanofi Pasteur) vaccine is good, or import from Europe, cholesterol meds, are good generic.