Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

JTJ Wiki of Thailand.

Well as I said. My Thai Wife and her mates all sat here reckon he is doing this because he do wong. Vely wong.. Sorry cant write Thai but that's how they speak.. In Fact one of them just came back from there.... a lot of people have a good idea what happened but they do not want speak out against a family with power. This vely stong famileee. U no speak u speak u die shure. Sorry tahts my translation again.

PS - you get a like cause the accent made my smile

LOL... It was my best Thai translation that could add a picture to my words.

You know John everyone has an opinion and unfortunately because of the lack of cooperation between the UK and the Thai Government the Family of both Victims are short changed.

To have all us keyboard warriors ranting on wouldn't help their grief if they knew. I hope they don't.

I feel this case will never reach a conclusive result everyone can agree on. It's a terrible shame.

Our politicians are spineless.

• Like 1

JTJ Wiki of Thailand.

Well as I said. My Thai Wife and her mates all sat here reckon he is doing this because he do wong. Vely wong.. Sorry cant write Thai but that's how they speak.. In Fact one of them just came back from there.... a lot of people have a good idea what happened but they do not want speak out against a family with power. This vely stong famileee. U no speak u speak u die shure. Sorry tahts my translation again.

You know John everyone has an opinion and unfortunately because of the lack of cooperation between the UK and the Thai Government the Family of both Victims are short changed.

To have all us keyboard warriors ranting on wouldn't help their grief if they knew. I hope they don't.

I feel this case will never reach a conclusive result everyone can agree on. It's a terrible shame.

Just me and I know I come across too strong sometimes but it really isn't the people who don't believe --- many things despite the known "facts" that I just don't buy or think something isn't right. I just get irked, and I probably shouldn't, when I think people are spreading disinformation and going to desperate measures to support a conspiracy. It never is, "wonder if there is anyway he could have got somebody to fake those videos showing him at his apartment" ... instead it is "many experts have claimed the videos are fake" ... when in reality only unknown social media folks make such claims.

While I don't trust police, here or anywhere, but especially in a less developed country where they are paid peanuts and almost need bribes to survive ... there are a number of reasons why I do believe they have the right people heading to trial and one of the big ones is it would take a very well planned and large conspiracy to have their semen be in the victim. There are other reasons too but that is one of the big ones. But again, if people think something is fishy or things don't add up or just have a gut feeling it is wrong, that is understandable to me. I just can't handle the wild theories presented as being plausible when they are anything but.

But more importantly is --- i actually speak like you wrote sometimes to communicate better with Thai friends and families and joke with then I now know how to speak Thai.

Now that a Frenchman has been found hanged with his hands tied behind his back, the indications are foul play (you don't say). If he indeed was murdered, possibly by the same gang, it is more likely that Nomsod (who is now a monk) is only a possible witness, rather than taking an active part in Hannah and David's deaths. Or he could be completely clear, but I don't think so as his actions throughout have been highly suspicious.

You do realize he is not a monk or becoming a monk right? You can't be this far removed from Thai Culture can you? If so ask a Thai, if you know one, about the tradition for young Thai males to take time off stay at temple for a number of weeks. While they are called samaner while there since they are studying, it is not a commitment or even a desire to enter monkhood .... assuming you have been duped by Facebook or other less than less than credible source with an agenda if you really believe he has become a monk[/size]
Is it true that some people who have committed crimes in Thailand become monks as a form of atonement. #

That's what my Thai wife just told me.

Do you dispute that JTJ?

Partially for guilt and 'atonement' as you all it. Thai style Buddhism (Hinayana) also gives a lot of credence to 'gaining merit.' Thais do this by purchasing sparrows in bamboo cages, to let them go (what happens to the sparrows which aren't purchased?. One of my neighbors put nets up in his trees - to catch little songbirds, for that purpose). Sorry, strayed from topic.

its also common for criminals to don the robes in order to avoid prosecution and even questioning. I must say the coincidences keep on piling up re KT.

The above quote from Englishoak rings truer than anything JTJ opnines on 'why law-breaking Thais become monks.' Thais have a blanket hands-off attitude toward anyone wearing orange robes. For the most part, that's fine, but when it applies to people hiding from legal responsibilities, it's not fine at all.

JTJ Wiki of Thailand.

Just me and I know I come across too strong sometimes but it really isn't the people who don't believe --- many things despite the known "facts" that I just don't buy or think something isn't right. I just get irked, and I probably shouldn't, when I think people are spreading disinformation and going to desperate measures to support a conspiracy. It never is, "wonder if there is anyway he could have got somebody to fake those videos showing him at his apartment" ... instead it is "many experts have claimed the videos are fake" ... when in reality only unknown social media folks make such claims.

While I don't trust police, here or anywhere, but especially in a less developed country where they are paid peanuts and almost need bribes to survive ... there are a number of reasons why I do believe they have the right people heading to trial and one of the big ones is it would take a very well planned and large conspiracy to have their semen be in the victim. There are other reasons too but that is one of the big ones. But again, if people think something is fishy or things don't add up or just have a gut feeling it is wrong, that is understandable to me. I just can't handle the wild theories presented as being plausible when they are anything but.

But more importantly is --- i actually speak like you wrote sometimes to communicate better with Thai friends and families and joke with then I now know how to speak Thai.

John

I wish they had of allowed the British to verify the DNA. They didn't. That logically raises doubts.

The fact that they do not appreciate the importance of this to the family, friends, tourists and everyone else I forgot to mention is disturbing to me. If I was in charge I would be very forthright in my approach. Not this charade that's played out.

it would take a very well planned and large conspiracy to have their semen be in the victim.

We are on opposite sides on whether the Burmese kids are guilty, but I agree with you there. I believe the DNA results have been tampered with, but not by planting semen. Those doing DNA testing of samples do not know the source of those samples. They just test them and return the results. It is how those reports are correlated back to the original source, and the opportunity to modify records where the tampering is most easily done, requiring only a few key individuals to be involved.

• Like 2

?you? ?and me?

Well, at least while ruminating on the Kao Tao doings, I'm not worried about being attacked by the guy across the street.
That's a bit weird ?

Why -- you can help solve murders on a faraway island but can't deal with the guy threatening you across the street.

The police take care of him. I cannot fight the police.

it would take a very well planned and large conspiracy to have their semen be in the victim.

We are on opposite sides on whether the Burmese kids are guilty, but I agree with you there. I believe the DNA results have been tampered with, but not by planting semen. Those doing DNA testing of samples do not know the source of those samples. They just test them and return the results. It is how those reports are correlated back to the original source, and the opportunity to modify records where the tampering is most easily done, requiring only a few key individuals to be involved.

One thing that's concerned me Is when they have said we don't remember anything we was to drunk.

That shook my faith. That doesn't sit well with me. I can drink like a fish gallons literally over a long session and I never forget everything. Maybe I am an alkee? ?? But It is not a good response.

Edited by loonodingle

One thing that's concerned me Is when they have said we don't anything we was to drunk.

That shook my faith. That doesn't sit well with me. I can drink like a fish gallons literally over a long session and I never forget everything. Maybe I am an alkee? ?? But It is not a good response.

I think that was a mischaracterization of what they were saying. The defense lawyers will have warned them to avoid speculating and stick to what they know. They said, essentially, we drank a lot and went home. We know nothing. I would have been more worried if they started making accusations against others which, if guilty, they might have been tempted to do.

I missed this interesting information yesterday since the nomsod deflectors were out in force ????

This is a very informative post provided by kreng?

Most interesting is the revelation that the boys were walking down the street in their underwear after having their clothes stolen from a swim.

So mon says he was in the cctv because he was running half naked to the scene after being woken up. He said himself he was the one in the video.

B2 say they were on cctv in underwear because stuff was stolen. I don't think that footage has been published. I wonder what time they were walking back to the beach.

They said the guitar was stolen to.

But Muang says the boys told him the guitar was at ac bar.

Curiouser and curiouser ?

I must be blind. I have read through all the Sean material in those links, and scanned the comments underneath. I can see nothing remotely matching what you describe. Which link should I be examining more closely, and where on the page?

Which part are you talking about?

Mon is in the cctv

The b2 got clothes stolen.

The guitar 1.the b2 told Muang it was at ac bar.

2. The guitar was stolen with the clothes.

The boys are on cctv in their underwear. ?

John

I wish they had of allowed the British to verify the DNA. They didn't. That logically raises doubts.

The fact that they do not appreciate the importance of this to the family, friends, tourists and everyone else I forgot to mention is disturbing to me. If I was in charge I would be very forthright in my approach. Not this charade that's played out.

I thought the families, after speaking with UK investigators, publicly stated something along the lines they are confident in the investigation and in these two being the right people on trial and that there is more evidence that we don't know of and that the social media speculation has been hurtful to them.

from JTJ's post: "it would take a very well planned and large conspiracy to have their semen be in the victim."

You latched on to the same sentence (from JTJ) that I was going to opine about. I've mentioned several times in prior posts, how easy it would be to tamper with the filing names of the DNA. Where are the 'type cards' of the DNA held - the one labeled 'DNA taken from Hannah'? In the old days, it was black lettering on white cards, that's why I use the word 'cards.' Nowadays it's almost certainly computer files. Either way, it wouldn't be hard for just one person to adjust the label name for a card or for a computer file. If the file name is changed, then that becomes the standard for everyone to follow. When the name for a dinosaur changed, (from Brontosaur to Apatosaurus), it didn't take a large conspiracy to change the name. It may have been one person or a small group who did the change. Now, everyone who uses the word Apatosaurus (to describe the same dinosaur) isn't a conspiracy theorist.

One thing that's concerned me Is when they have said we don't remember anything we was to drunk.

The way I see that statement: They gave a simple explanation. They didn't want to take the bait (from the judge), and open a whole big can of worms. If they had said, "yes, we heard and saw things on the beach that night, and so 'n so were the murderers." ...then imagine where that would go in a court of law. The defense attorney made a smart decision to tell them to say what they said. Were they lying? Maybe. Is it a bigger lie than the plethora of big lies passed around daily by cops and the Headman's people? Not by a long shot. That's not to say it's ok to lie, but the primary issue for the 2 scapegoats is to get free. The duty of the cops is to do their jobs as policemen which, in Thailand, includes investigating crimes.

- reason for modification; had to fix quotes.

Edited by boomerangutang

from JTJ's post: "it would take a very well planned and large conspiracy to have their semen be in the victim."

You latched on to the same sentence (from JTJ) that I was going to opine about. I've mentioned several times in prior posts, how easy it would be to tamper with the filing names of the DNA. Where are the 'type cards' of the DNA held - the one labeled 'DNA taken from Hannah'? In the old days, it was black lettering on white cards, that's why I use the word 'cards.' Nowadays it's almost certainly computer files. Either way, it wouldn't be hard for just one person to adjust the label name for a card or for a computer file. If the file name is changed, then that becomes the standard for everyone to follow. When the name for a dinosaur changed, (from Brontosaur to Apatosaurus), it didn't take a large conspiracy to change the name. It may have been one person or a small group who did the change. Now, everyone who uses the word Apatosaurus (to describe the same dinosaur) isn't a conspiracy theorist.

The way I see that statement: They gave a simple explanation. They didn't want to take the bait (from the judge), and open a whole big can of worms. If they had said, "yes, we heard and saw things on the beach that night, and so 'n so were the murderers." ...then imagine where that would go in a court of law. The defense attorney made a smart decision to tell them to say what they said. Were they lying? Maybe. Is it a bigger lie than the plethora of big lies passed around daily by cops and the Headman's people? Not by a long shot. That's not to say it's ok to lie, but the primary issue for the 2 scapegoats is to get free. The duty of the cops is to do their jobs as policemen which, in Thailand, includes investigating crimes.

Yes -- that was a much better strategic move by the defense attorneys to have them say that they were so drunk that they don't remember anything than to have them say we were so drunk (and maybe stoned) that we don't remember whether we did it or not.

Edited by JLCrab

Next week the UK coroners reports and hearings commence i believe. Might be interesting or not but it should be something at least.

Which date are you talking about.

The date of the 6th for hannah has been postponed. We dont know date of David.

⏳?

The Inquest for Hannah is not on the 6th. It's a case review as it's incomplete. They will set a new date. That's direct from coroners office. I called them.

Next week the UK coroners reports and hearings commence i believe. Might be interesting or not but it should be something at least.

⏳?

The Inquest for Hannah is not on the 6th. It's a case review as it's incomplete. They will set a new date. That's direct from coroners office. I called them.

Thanks for calling them and getting direct info. Did you ask them why, specifically, it takes over 14 weeks to determine cause of death? There's a coroner and his staff (how many, about 5 people?). In 14 weeks, what are the cumulative salaries of 5 folks employed by the British government? If 5 people average 600 pounds/week for 14 weeks, then that's over 40,000 pounds thus far, and they're still putting off publishing results.

I wouldn't be surprise if there's pressure from top-echelons of Thai officialdom to skew or hide their (the Brits') results. They're not being helped much (DNA typing of suspects not given) by Thai officials. What else are Thais not assisting with?

The DNA from the crime scene and autopsy was logged and typed initially and would have been distributed in hard copy and by computer to numerous people.

The DNA in the two suspects are still in the two suspects and can be retested and compared with that originally taken and logged.

The DNA taken from suspects and sent to labs was done, as reported, in a blind fashion and there was no names associated with testing but rather a number key to associate.

So not only would there need to be numerous people and entities involved in switching the DNA of the two suspects but also would mean they either knew whose sperm was in the victims and DNA on the cigarettes and then submitted their samples in place of the Burmese (which they could have done very early on instead of making them selves look idiotic by publicizing accusing so many people first or they would need to have the sperm and dna from the accused the day of the murders to plant.

Clearly there is no reasonable suspicion to believe such a thing took place unless you really believe CSI Facebook folks are better informed and than UK Inspectors who clearly seemed to have indicate to the families these two are the right people on trial -- then again the UK police just may be no match for the far more experienced and intelligent Thai police or the UK investigators are part of the cover up.

Lets not forget the police said from the get go the cigarette DNA and the semen dna matched and we know the two people in custody were the ones police were looking for from the start who were at the location smoking and drinking and playing guitar.

And this is just the DNA evidence against the two.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

responses to JohnThailandJohn's prior responses to a post by Boomerangutant. John's assertions in italic and quotation marks:

"The DNA from the crime scene and autopsy was logged and typed initially and would have been distributed in hard copy and by computer to numerous people."
Conjecture, on your part.

"The DNA in the two suspects are still in the two suspects and can be retested and compared with that originally taken and logged."
Yes, but it's not the DNA from the suspects which is suspect. It's the DNA labeled "...Taken From Hannah's Body"

"The DNA taken from suspects and sent to labs was done, as reported, in a blind fashion and there was no names associated with testing but rather a number key to associate."
See answer, above.

"So not only would there need to be numerous people and entities involved in switching the DNA of the two suspects..."
Not needed at all. Re-read my prior post to see how easy it would be for just one person to change the label on samples labeled 'DNA taken from Hannah.' Once that was done, all the subsequent DNA trail fits like hand-in-glove with Thai authorities' intention of framing scapegoats, and shielding the Headman's people.

We're still waiting for Brit experts to do their jobs, .....it may be along wait. They've let us down big time, once already. When we heard they were sending 'experts' to Ko Tao, most of us thought, "alright, finally some adept inspectors at the scene!" BIG LET-DOWN. Let's hope the Coroner's Office won't drop the ball as clumsily as the experts who went to the island and essentially DID NOTHING.
Correction, they did some things: Brit experts listened to and looked at things shown to them by Thai authorities. The Brits may have also gotten foot massages and nice meals.

• Like 1

⏳?

Thanks for calling them and getting direct info. Did you ask them why, specifically, it takes over 14 weeks to determine cause of death? There's a coroner and his staff (how many, about 5 people?). In 14 weeks, what are the cumulative salaries of 5 folks employed by the British government? If 5 people average 600 pounds/week for 14 weeks, then that's over 40,000 pounds thus far, and they're still putting off publishing results.

I wouldn't be surprise if there's pressure from top-echelons of Thai officialdom to skew or hide their (the Brits') results. They're not being helped much (DNA typing of suspects not given) by Thai officials. What else are Thais not assisting with?

That's always what makes me question. Rtp have not given dna of suspects to brit.

But then I wander why the b2 team have also not sent dna to be tested. I also wander why dna of mon was not sent. Since originally he was shown to be a 70% match.

Every body on the list is a suspect at this point.

⏳?

I know that. I am asking about David?

responses to JohnThailandJohn's prior responses to a post by Boomerangutant. John's assertions in italic and quotation marks:

"The DNA from the crime scene and autopsy was logged and typed initially and would have been distributed in hard copy and by computer to numerous people."

Conjecture, on your part.

"The DNA in the two suspects are still in the two suspects and can be retested and compared with that originally taken and logged."

Yes, but it's not the DNA from the suspects which is suspect. It's the DNA labeled "...Taken From Hannah's Body"

"The DNA taken from suspects and sent to labs was done, as reported, in a blind fashion and there was no names associated with testing but rather a number key to associate."

See answer, above.

"So not only would there need to be numerous people and entities involved in switching the DNA of the two suspects..."

Not needed at all. Re-read my prior post to see how easy it would be for just one person to change the label on samples labeled 'DNA taken from Hannah.' Once that was done, all the subsequent DNA trail fits like hand-in-glove with Thai authorities' intention of framing scapegoats, and shielding the Headman's people.

We're still waiting for Brit experts to do their jobs, .....it may be along wait. They've let us down big time, once already. When we heard they were sending 'experts' to Ko Tao, most of us thought, "alright, finally some adept inspectors at the scene!" BIG LET-DOWN. Let's hope the Coroner's Office won't drop the ball as clumsily as the experts who went to the island and essentially DID NOTHING.

Correction, they did some things: Brit experts listened to and looked at things shown to them by Thai authorities. The Brits may have also gotten foot massages and nice meals.

post-155768-0-89336500-1420347796_thumb.

All these photos will likely make a strong case supporting some of Headman's people involved with crime. However, let's not lose sight of the fact that Thai officialdom is dead-set against implicating the Headman's people, so showing these photos is like 'preaching to the choir.' There's essentially nothing, not even DNA evidence, which will sway Thai officials over to the side or reason. Same goes for their echoers; the Gang of 4.

In contrast, people like me, who think the B2 are not guilty, will look objectively at any and all solid evidence which implicates one or both of the B2. If Brit officials, by doing independent DNA testing, corroborate what Thai officials claim about the B2 ('their DNA matches that found on Hannah'), then I will concede the B2 had sex (and probably raped) Hannah - whether while she was living or not. For that they should be punished.

That's just one reason why I'm frustrated with Brit experts: They appear to have done nearly zero investigation, and their Coroner's Office has taken 14 weeks (and an estimated 40k pounds in salaries) to publish NOTHING thus far.They're talking of delaying things further - possibly until October, when the trial is supposed to have wound up. Who knows, they may delay beyond that - to after appeals, if there are appeals. What these delays accomplish, among other things, is; it increases the odds that the B2 will be found guilty (based on false evidence by prosecution) and it perpetuates the ability of the real criminals to stroll around looking for more victims, knowing they're untouchable. ....and it keeps the B2 behind bars.

I'm not expecting the Brit findings to nail the real perps (tho that would be great), but am confident that it will spill the apple cart of the frame-up / cover-up orchestrated by Thai officials. Indeed, that's a big reason why the Brit findings are being delayed. The Brits are probably doing that - due to pressure from top Thai officials.

• Like 1

All these photos will likely make a strong case supporting some of Headman's people involved with crime. However, let's not lose sight of the fact that Thai officialdom is dead-set against implicating the Headman's people, so showing these photos is like 'preaching to the choir.' There's essentially nothing, not even DNA evidence, which will sway Thai officials over to the side or reason. Same goes for their echoers; the Gang of 4.

In contrast, people like me, who think the B2 are not guilty, will look objectively at any and all solid evidence which implicates one or both of the B2. If Brit officials, by doing independent DNA testing, corroborate what Thai officials claim about the B2 ('their DNA matches that found on Hannah'), then I will concede the B2 had sex (and probably raped) Hannah - whether while she was living or not. For that they should be punished.

That's just one reason why I'm frustrated with Brit experts: They appear to have done nearly zero investigation, and their Coroner's Office has taken 14 weeks (and an estimated 40k pounds in salaries) to publish NOTHING thus far.They're talking of delaying things further - possibly until October, when the trial is supposed to have wound up. Who knows, they may delay beyond that - to after appeals, if there are appeals. What these delays accomplish, among other things, is; it increases the odds that the B2 will be found guilty (based on false evidence by prosecution) and it perpetuates the ability of the real criminals to stroll around looking for more victims, knowing they're untouchable. ....and it keeps the B2 behind bars.

I'm not expecting the Brit findings to nail the real perps (tho that would be great), but am confident that it will spill the apple cart of the frame-up / cover-up orchestrated by Thai officials. Indeed, that's a big reason why the Brit findings are being delayed. The Brits are probably doing that - due to pressure from top Thai officials.

I understand what you say. If beyond reasonable doubt guilty I can except. Not like this though. How ever.

If the rtp will not give dna to Brits. Why!!

But the b2 defense do not send b2 dna to Brits. Why! !

Everyone's a suspect.