Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

It would be interesting to hear loonodingle response to this, if we believe the footage and the date stamp is genuine, he could not be on the island, could he ?

Has this pic been discussed already?

attachicon.gifUni pic.jpg

Is this not the one people claimed the furniture was not as it would have been on the date in question? It's not so easy to find this pic online anymore and I would be interested to hear an explanation about that door, if anyone has one...

15th or 16th.?????

R U Sure..

How come? What are the sources of the two identical stills with the same time showing but one says 15th Sept and one says 16th? Truly perplexed now.

yep you see life is not all what it seems is it.

It would be interesting to hear loonodingle response to this, if we believe the footage and the date stamp is genuine, he could not be on the island, could he ?

Is this not the one people claimed the furniture was not as it would have been on the date in question? It's not so easy to find this pic online anymore and I would be interested to hear an explanation about that door, if anyone has one...

15th or 16th.?????

R U Sure..

Did you change that loony.

16 cannot be correct as the day says Monday.

Or Monday is not correct as the date is Tuesday.

The picture above says 15 which matches the day Monday.

15th or 16th.?????

R U Sure..

Mon or Tue? which picture?

Edited by loonodingle

I have numerous times viewed the CCTV video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Z1zEjDj7I#t=160 (Thai PBS report actually starts at

) and I just cannot see the issue. Can you explain what is dubious about the door that I am missing.

15th or 16th.?????

R U Sure..

The original picture had 15 with Monday. So the second picture 16 has been changed. Although there was a guy a couple of months ago that showed how easy it was to change dates. So either you changed it or it was from his posts. Still nomsod has been discussed until the cows come home. everytime there is focus on mon, the copper, the brother ,Muang, Sean Chris cooper. It is deflected back to nomsod, the phone ???everywhere.

I have numerous times viewed the CCTV video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Z1zEjDj7I#t=160 (Thai PBS report actually starts at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Z1zEjDj7I#t=101) and I just cannot see the issue. Can you explain what is dubious about the door that I am missing.

Another issue:

Why was he walking in? Why not out he was supposed to be in Lessons.

Or

Did he just get out of his Taxi and was going to get his bag.?

15th or 16th.?????

R U Sure..

The original picture had 15 with Monday. So the second picture 16 has been changed. Although there was a guy a couple of months ago that showed how easy it was to change dates. So either you changed it or it was from his posts. Still nomsod has been discussed until the cows come home. everytime there is focus on mon, the copper, the brother ,Muang, Sean Chris cooper. It is deflected back to nomsod, the phone ???everywhere.

The point is an 8 year old can change the picture in 10 minutes. Day or Date. On Photoshop....

Granted the video is a little more difficult.... But they took 9 days... 9 days to produce that. They can film 3 episodes of East enders or 3 complete Thai Movies in that time.

Don't believe what you see all the time. And that's what they done. Don't forget it took a further 6 weeks to sort the DNA test as well. Hardly FBI standard. And then they refused the Met Police to take possession of any physical evidence, forensic evidence, exhibits, interviews or statements. and that's confirmed in Writing by the MPS.

We sent our police to do what?? Jack S..T all smoke and Mirrors the whole lot.

And that just proved a point.

• Like 1

I have numerous times viewed the CCTV video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Z1zEjDj7I#t=160 (Thai PBS report actually starts at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Z1zEjDj7I#t=101) and I just cannot see the issue. Can you explain what is dubious about the door that I am missing.

Another issue:

Or

Look carefully at the video. Nomsod is entering the door from the lift area. View the video several times from the beginning. It does not demonstrate Nomsod's innocence, but I cannot see anything to suggest the CCTV is obviously tampered with.

Another issue:

Or

Look carefully at the video. Nomsod is entering the door from the lift area. View the video several times from the beginning. It does not demonstrate Nomsod's innocence, but I cannot see anything to suggest the CCTV is obviously tampered with.

The point is you can turn the date on and off just like your camera.

You watched a recording not the original.

The point is we are fed what they want us to believe. People are gullible. Even the UK government only got caught out when the Met Police replied to reprieve. We all sat here thinking Mr Cameron... u r a gr8 guy. Standing up for citizens. Getting things done for the family's. We have all been sitting waiting to see something wonderful from it.

Nearly forgot

And are you saying he is walking out or in. Either way where is his bag for Uni.

15th or 16th.?????

R U Sure..

or this one

It would be interesting to see the entire footage of this. Maybe of him coming in the night before as well. But no stills though. I am sure on BU campus, there has to be camera as well.

He really needs to establish himself that he was in bkk during the time of the murder. Having a footage at still at 9am, means nothing. He needs to produce one clip of him entering. Maybe the police has that footage, but are refusing to show it. Maybe it's missing?

I think the police sloppy job is showing up here again.

• Like 1

What I am getting from the still is that one arrow is highlighting the bottom of the door on the left to show it is open. The other arrow is pointing to the red band in the glass door (which I assume is a safety thing). The red band appears to remain there even though the sliding door seems to be open. Can't see what else the arrows would be highlighting. What that signifies is beyond me.

• Like 1

15th or 16th.?????

R U Sure..

or this one

It would be interesting to see the entire footage of this. Maybe of him coming in the night before as well. But no stills though. I am sure on BU campus, there has to be camera as well.

He really needs to establish himself that he was in bkk during the time of the murder. Having a footage at still at 9am, means nothing. He needs to produce one clip of him entering. Maybe the police has that footage, but are refusing to show it. Maybe it's missing?

I think the police sloppy job is showing up here again.

The Campus don't want any part of it.

No statements nothing.

Even the father initially said he had to go back in a hurry.

Now if this was my son and I wanted to save my sons backside this is what I would do. I not them but I

Did you see the scruffy looking guy on the reception. what's he make, 350 a day 500...?? lets say 1000 baht a day. Well he's good hey. I would have a word in his pocket. maybe 500,000 words in his pocket.. Whilst he is reading my words I would reset the clock and have my son walk in and out. Play with his freshly cut hair. You know have a stroll.. Press stop and save.. Reset the clock and thanks very mush...

• Like 1

The point is we are fed what they want us to believe. People are gullible. Even the UK government only got caught out when the Met Police replied to reprieve. We all sat here thinking Mr Cameron... u r a gr8 guy. Standing up for citizens. Getting things done for the family's. We have all been sitting waiting to see something wonderful from it.

Nearly forgot

And are you saying he is walking out or in. Either way where is his bag for Uni.

Do you have a reliable source that identifies the CCTV system in use? On some systems, the date/time is embedded with the video, and while it can be hacked, this is not so easy for several hours of video on multiple cameras (which is what the Thai PBS journalists viewed). On others, it is stored separately and can trivially be altered.

The point is we are fed what they want us to believe. People are gullible.

I am alive to that danger. It is very important to keep an open mind and consider all possibilities (including that the Thai PBS journalists were paid to produce a false report). However, that cuts both ways. The CCTV is not obviously fake.

We see him leaving his room, entering the lift, exiting from the lift and entering the lobby area. He is not carrying a bag. Perhaps he has a locker at the university and had no need to carry anything. My guess is that he was not going to the university. He may have been going to breakfast.

Keep an open mind and see if we can prove this one way or another.

What I am getting from the still is that one arrow is highlighting the bottom of the door on the left to show it is open. The other arrow is pointing to the red band in the glass door (which I assume is a safety thing). The red band appears to remain there even though the sliding door seems to be open. Can't see what else the arrows would be highlighting. What that signifies is beyond me.

I guess if you took two negatives/transparencies that were slightly different and overlaid them you would end up with doctored picture, so to speak. Or a cock up of a frame up, hopefully.

Forget the Stills cats and dogs. They took them with a camera off the screen. Which is why u have the lines I guess. its old technology.

It may well be genuine but on the other hand do not believe its not possible to make another 15 Sept because it isn't. Do you get what I mean. You believe what your eyes tell you. There is nothing to say its was filmed on the 15th Sept.

Lets put it like this. If they where 100% absolutely 100% then they would have opened the doors to all and everyone and said hey you know what help yourself. Even the prosecutor had to send the case back 3 or 4 times. The Hair Cut. The monk... The and The......Whole bld'y lot of it...

• Like 1

I Had trouble with the door but then I realised it swings and the thing you are seeing on the left side is not that door. I did have trouble with it but then the penny dropped. Study it and you will see.

It is not a sliding door. View the video.

Nearly forgot

Do you have a reliable source that identifies the CCTV system in use? On some systems, the date/time is embedded with the video, and while it can be hacked, this is not so easy for several hours of video on multiple cameras (which is what the Thai PBS journalists viewed). On others, it is stored separately and can trivially be altered.

I am alive to that danger. It is very important to keep an open mind and consider all possibilities (including that the Thai PBS journalists were paid to produce a false report). However, that cuts both ways. The CCTV is not obviously fake.

We see him leaving his room, entering the lift, exiting from the lift and entering the lobby area. He is not carrying a bag. Perhaps he has a locker at the university and had no need to carry anything. My guess is that he was not going to the university. He may have been going to breakfast.

Tim whats to say they didn't just reset the date for a few hours hit save onto the hard drive and hey presto theres ya film. It will be recording simultaneously all cams I believe.

But the point is where there is a will there is a way from taking a picture and letting an 8 year old Photoshop it in 5 mins 2 times. date and day to rerecording a day. its not hard. Change the date leave it on and save it.

I am not saying they done this but we don't know. What we do know and there was evidence somewhere that the father said he had to go back in a hurry as he had exams. Then it changed.?? make of that what you will.

Tim whats to say they didn't just reset the date for a few hours hit save onto the hard drive and hey presto theres ya film. It will be recording simultaneously all cams I believe.

But the point is where there is a will there is a way from taking a picture and letting an 8 year old Photoshop it in 5 mins 2 times. date and day to rerecording a day. its not hard. Change the date leave it on and save it.

I am not saying they done this but we don't know. What we do know and there was evidence somewhere that the father said he had to go back in a hurry as he had exams. Then it changed.?? make of that what you will.

Almost anything can be faked. Your idea of recording anew with a reset date would be dubious. It is too likely that someone is going to see a person (maybe themselves) on a video purporting to be from September 15 and say, hey he was not there then. Actually, if I was a reporter getting paid for such things, I would find the guy coming in as Nomsod was leaving at 9:16 am and see if it is consistent with reality.

The CCTV is the most concrete evidence we have to go on. Have journalists done a good job of checking it out? I do not know. My gut instinct is that some will have tried quite hard , without success, to prove things like furniture discrepancies, but maybe not.

I missed this interesting information yesterday since the nomsod deflectors were out in force ????

This is a very informative post provided by kreng?

Most interesting is the revelation that the boys were walking down the street in their underwear after having their clothes stolen from a swim.

So mon says he was in the cctv because he was running half naked to the scene after being woken up. He said himself he was the one in the video.

B2 say they were on cctv in underwear because stuff was stolen. I don't think that footage has been published. I wonder what time they were walking back to the beach.

They said the guitar was stolen to.

But Muang says the boys told him the guitar was at ac bar.

Curiouser and curiouser ?

My Response is this

RUMOUR: The prime suspect is a 22/23 year old student, nickname ‘Nomsod’. He is the son of Warot Toovichien, a village headman and the Patriarch of one of 5 powerful families that control business interests in Koh Tao. His uncle is the other suspect mentioned above who was all over the crime scene.

FACT: Early on the morning of September 15th, before the bodies were discovered a speedboat was seen leaving the Island carrying unidentified occupants.

RUMOUR: Comparisons of the CCTV footage of the shirtless running man and pictures of Nomsod do seem to suggest it was him on tape. His gait, in particular his arm when he walks, and his hair (which was promptly cut short shortly afterwards) are the key similarities.

FACT: The father’s statement originally was that Nomsod had to hurry back to Uni in Bangkok for exams. A week later, when they were put under further scrutiny his statement changed to: ‘He hasn’t been home (to Koh Tao) for a few months, I haven’t seen him’. This was untrue however as he had been photographed on the island a month earlier.

FACT: On September 24th it was announced that Nomsod was a person of interest. A press conference was quickly launched at his embassy where his lawyer (a close family friend) brought out CCTV stills of Nomsod at his university residence. The timestamp was 09:16 sept 15th. Early flights from Koh Samui and Surat Thani would have given him enough time to get back to BKK and jump in a taxi. Logic dictates that if he had been at his residence the previous night there would also have been footage to prove that. Recently doubt has been cast on the authenticity of the time stamps, as furniture seen in the residence had been moved a few months before hand yet was back in it’s old position in these cctv captures.

FACT: The police did not request a DNA test from Nomsod. After September the 24th the Police investigation of Nomsod was quietly dropped and not pursued any further. In mid to late October Nomsod finally did a big public televised media spectacle of a DNA swab, with his father sitting loftily amongst the police, the results of course coming back as negative. This impressed no-one as it had already been assumed by critics that the DNA evidence was useless and the showy way in which this happened reinforced suspicions that this had been a long game played over the last month to confuse the public.

I agree with most of it , but I would not call everything reported in the Thai press as facts . It's been reported yes , but to call it an official statement is wrong , I have seen many articles in the thai media that's been later changed . Which version is the correct one?

Again one observation of a boat leaving the island is a fact ? Yes if you have more than one witness who can verify this. Yes, I remember It was reported ,but I would say we need more than one witness to just call it a fact .

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I missed this interesting information yesterday since the nomsod deflectors were out in force ????

Most interesting is the revelation that the boys were walking down the street in their underwear after having their clothes stolen from a swim.

So mon says he was in the cctv because he was running half naked to the scene after being woken up. He said himself he was the one in the video.

B2 say they were on cctv in underwear because stuff was stolen. I don't think that footage has been published. I wonder what time they were walking back to the beach.

I must be blind. I have read through all the Sean material in those links, and scanned the comments underneath. I can see nothing remotely matching what you describe. Which link should I be examining more closely, and where on the page?

I must be blind. I have read through all the Sean material in those links, and scanned the comments underneath. I can see nothing remotely matching what you describe. Which link should I be examining more closely, and where on the page?

OK, I found this page https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/tag/koh-tao/ on the website. A post on Nov 2 refers to this material, claiming to be a translation of http://burma.irrawaddy.org/news/2014/11/01/66638.html. I used Google translate to get the gist of the article, and there is nothing that matches. This is mininformation.

Koh Tao musings.

Go down page talks about the clothes and guitar being stolen.

Apparently there is video they walking down street in underwear.

Then police turned up with clothes and I think guitar at court. Those clothes were not on the beach. Who gave them to the coppers. And what about what Muang said the guitar at ac bar?

I Had trouble with the door but then I realised it swings and the thing you are seeing on the left side is not that door. I did have trouble with it but then the penny dropped. Study it and you will see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Z1zEjDj7I#t=160

Just look at 3.20 to see how t hat door opens..........it is not a sliding door.

• Like 2

Thanks for the link. I had not seen and did not know that there was actual video of this. I saw the pic last night and thought it was one of the stills that had been released. Having seen the video there is nothing wrong with the door whatsoever. The still however, without the video clarification, appears to show a sliding door that is fully open whilst the stripe across the middle is still there, in other words it appears to be someone's attempt to suggest that the pic had been photoshopped badly (hence the arrow and circle), which the video clearly refutes.

For me at least it is a great reminder that it is not only words that can be taken out of context to alter their meaning. I admit, I was taken in by it.

Again one observation of a boat leaving the island is a fact ? Yes if you have more than one witness who can verify this. Yes, I remember It was reported ,but I would say we need more than one witness to just call it a fact.

I recall, early in the investigation (before 2nd boss was instated) there was mention of cops looking around and talking with speedboat operators. Gauging how a person (who is a rich local, and knows everybody worth knowing on the island) could get from the island QUICKLY to Bangkok - would be significant in the investigation. Have cops thoroughly researched that? Doubtful, particularly since the replacement head cop came on the scene.

Do speedboats ever go directly to and fro KT and Bangkok? Methinks the route would have gone to the biggest nearby city on the mainland (Hua Hin?) and taken a fast car/van up from there. What is the time frame (5am to 9am?) - that's 4 hours to get buns from the island to the U campus. Speaking of being at the U., Has Nomdsod's teacher been seriously interviewed. It would surprise me if 'roll call' were taken at U classes - maybe I'm off base on that. The dad said the boy had returned Monday morning 'to take a test.' Was a test actually taken by Nomsod that morning? Additionally, anyone who was in touch with him that morning (g.f., friends, acquaintances, maintenance person, etc) should be seriously interviewed - to see if they can add anything useful to the investigation, such as seeing cuts/bruises, or a guy unusually sweaty or spooked, etc.

Greenchair considers talk of Nomsod as diversionary - yet NS might be the easiest (of the Headman's people) to bust, in this case. If just one of them starts to break (or maybe even sing like a bird) ....then the other puzzle pieces could get fall neatly in place. alternatively, Mon might be the first to break, as he has supposedly admitted to being the running man on the KT CCTV (is that true?!). If his reason was proven to be too soggy for even the police to believe (and we know the police are trying mightily to shield the H's people), then the blocks in the wall could come tumbling down.