Maha Sarakham Expat Bar/Restaurant List

ryanhull

I have been too a few expat bar/restaurants in Sarakham and was hoping to form a bit of a list of decent places. I will kick this list off but hoping others can add to it hopefully with opening hours/directions.

Yummy Bar

Opening Hours: 17:30 - 23:00

Directions: https://www.facebook.com/Yummy.TKY?fref=ts

Small bar/restaurant with a warm chilled out vibe and very nice food cooked by James and Elle the owners, great hosts. Cheap beer and drinks various specials on the menu each week.

-------------------------

The Vineyard Restaurant

Opening Hours: All Day

Directions: Will find out and update

Good food/authentic pizzas cooked by Australian Nick, only been here the one time but the food was excellent and Nick the owner is a nice guy, will be back here again soon.

Steak Riverside

Opening Hours:

Directions: Srisawat Damnoen Road (along the klong on the right) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steak-Riverside/313418562105910?rf=554490191232814

Good steaks, this place is not really an expat bar although they do alot of food western dishes such as lasagna/pasta/steaks etc, a bit more expensive however worth it with very nice food and a good atmosphere, they always luck after us here.

Not the biggest list but I m hoping just to get the ball rolling, please feel free to add.

Thanks.

Edited by ryanhull
  • Like 1

Nice to have such a nice choice for such a small western population. Kalasin, to my knowledge only has three western type restaurants, and only one has a decent selection of food. Mukdahan doesn't have any that I know of, so be happy that you have a choice.

George and anyone else interested, Amadeus (Kalasin's only true Western restaurant) is now Closed and will probably not reopen anytime soon or ever again... The Owner has once again given in to the habit of drinking on a daily basis and has broken up with his wife...

Pianoman

Nice to have such a nice choice for such a small western population. Kalasin, to my knowledge only has three western type restaurants, and only one has a decent selection of food. Mukdahan doesn't have any that I know of, so be happy that you have a choice.

George and anyone else interested, Amadeus (Kalasin's only true Western restaurant) is now Closed and will probably not reopen anytime soon or ever again... The Owner has once again given in to the habit of drinking on a daily basis and has broken up with his wife...

Pianoman

Too much info (IMO)
  • Like 2

Hi George, Mukdahan has the Mukdahan Manor B & B which incorporates The Waterfront - Song Fung Khong Restaurant which has Won the Best Restaurant Award from the Governor of Mukdahan for the past 3 years. It has a wide variety of Dishes on the Menu Ranging from Australian Steaks, New Zealand Lamb, Norweigan Salmon, NZ Mussels and a Variety of Prawn Dishes and Seafood along with a Great Thai Munu. The B & B has just Won The Award of Excellence for 2014 from Booking . Com and is rated Number 1 in Mukdahan by Tripadvisor as is the Restaurant. Check it out at www.mukdahan-manor.com It's right on the Mekong River with 180 degree Views North and South and across to Laos. Guests and Restaurant customers are also permitted to use the Swimming Pool if they so desire.

Pianoman

Too much info (IMO)

To those that know him it will be no surprise. To those that don't know him........well???????

Back on topic, it is my understanding that the list of places in MSK is about to get bigger. I will post more info when I know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Please don't inquire about the specifics of prostitution, as this is against the forum rules (And off topic for this thread).

If the poster who posted regarding girls was simply meaning where are good places to meet normal girls in the various areas, then they can re-phrase their question in another thread :) (As it'd still be offtopic for this thread).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...