Farmers' marketing boss to be summoned for explanation on huge stock of missing rice

Lite Beer

If you locked up every Thai official suspected of malfeasance of dereliction of duty then you might as well build a wall around Thailand and declare it a penal colony. Thailand had developed an unsavory international reputation which is justly deserved.

The question is ... did the rice exist in the first place. Easy enough for an official to simply enter fictitious numbers and then pocket the money.

The whole rice scam is going to cost Thailand dearly and will once again highlight the fact that Thai officials cannot be trusted in any capacity.

I've said it before ... Thailand could truly be one of the greatest nations in South East Asia but that won't happen as long as the self-serving parasites remain in control.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why isn't there a picture of the mof chief?

Then again why not throw up yings picture they do ever time and at every opportunity.

The witch hunt continues with the usual bias reporting .

You need to change your name, something like "The Blinkered Emu" would be more appropriate.

Well emus' are known to be pretty stupid birds.

I shouldn't try to be funny when I'm still half asleep, I got my birds mixed up ... it should have been "Ostrich" (i.e. head buried in the sand).

• Like 1

Then again why not throw up yings picture they do ever time and at every opportunity.

Ridiculous!

Beware, intensive use of rosy lenses can damage your brains (if any!) ;-)

Do you mean the light is on but ther is nobody at home? whistling.gif

Considering it was your beloved witch that urged the inspections it must be a case of 'Som nam na'

BANGKOK, 24 April 2014 (NNT) Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asserted that rice in the government's stockpile has not gone missing as suspected by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), urging the latter to conduct an inspection of the government's rice stock to determine whether rice was really missing.

Your usual bias posting parrot.

This stuff has been audited since the coup.

So, as someone pointed out, the blame can most certainly not be put 100% at the previous govt, until someone proves when the con was set up.

Maybe it was nicked last week.

I go with it was never there, in which case, when checked against one warehouse area it shouldn't have been to hard find a discrepancy in the 100s of thousands of sack. Someone didn't do a very good job of auditing this at all

But then, a decimal here and a pahn lan there.

Aye, and pigs might fly.

Just more of the massive corruption built into the get-rich-quick for the chosen ones rice scheme. Not all nicked, most probably never existed in the first place. False ghost inventories, false accounting, cheap rice substituted from other countries, lower quality substituted for high, fraudulent export deals, rice repeatedly moved around to keep a transport company busy, mysterious fires and stock right offs (insurance scam too?) - and all administered on behalf of PTP by a mate of Chalerm's son.

Premier at the time Yingluck asserted there were no problems - she was speaking the truth. The scheme was working exactly as designed. And all to be covered up by leeching some of the 2.2 trillion baht loan Thaksin hoped to get his hands on.

No doubt only minions will be punished here as usual. Wonder how much the Shin family wealth will grow now they are out of office?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You need to change your name, something like "The Blinkered Emu" would be more appropriate.

I shouldn't try to be funny when I'm still half asleep, I got my birds mixed up ... it should have been "Ostrich" (i.e. head buried in the sand).

Head buried "somewhere" firmly, anyway. biggrin.png

• Like 1

So the NCPO is still investigating and unraveling the exact quantity of rice stock and a final audit is still forthcoming. Yet we have the NACC telling all they have a water tight case to lay criminal charges. I will qualify them as blinkered ostrich or emu.

post-73341-0-75920000-1419752810_thumb.j

So the NCPO is still investigating and unraveling the exact quantity of rice stock and a final audit is still forthcoming. Yet we have the NACC telling all they have a water tight case to lay criminal charges. I will qualify them as blinkered ostrich or emu.

Exactly. Now its a given that the rice has deteriorated somewhat. But they claim only 10% is to grade after their inspections. Thry missed 100k sacks but are supposed to believe they have an accurate audit of the quality.

That is utter BS.

Looks like you have taken over trying to justify the scheme, in this case by trying to confuse two different things.

What we are talking about here is missing rice and the corruption, theft and other illegal activities that go with it.

The NACC case's (note there are more than one) hinges on negligence in one case against yingluck, and in financial transactions in others against her and other officials, as per :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742567-anti-graft-agency-probing-rice-deals-links-to-thai-ministers/

Anti-graft agency probing rice deals, links to ministers

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission sub-panel is deeply probing alleged irregularities in the rice-pledging scheme's financial transactions to identify possible nominees linked to five former ministers under investigation, NACC deputy secretary-general Warawit Sukboon said yesterday.

Facing graft probes in connection with the rice-pledging scheme are ex-PM Yingluck Shinawatra, ex-commerce ministers Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, Boonsong Teriyapirom and Yanyong Phuangrach and former deputy commerce minister Poom Sarapol.

Warawit said the NACC was waiting for more information from banks and relevant state agencies.

He said all the information would be further examined in depth through analyses and syntheses to identify any irregularities in the financial transactions made by the five ex-officials before they assumed and left their post.

As well as fake G 2 G deals :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757870-ex-commerce-ministers-secretary-faces-charges-over-fake-g-to-g-rice-deals/ DSI probes graft allegations in govt's rice-pledging scheme

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has decided to lodge malfeasance and other criminal charges against former secretary of ex-commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom for alleged involvement in fake government-to-government rice deals with two Chinese state enterprises.

• Like 1

Exactly. Now its a given that the rice has deteriorated somewhat. But they claim only 10% is to grade after their inspections. Thry missed 100k sacks but are supposed to believe they have an accurate audit of the quality.

That is utter BS.

The great defender is back, this time in a supporting roll.

Give it up mate you are bashing your head against facts and truth and it isn't working.

• Like 1

Yes bakseeda saying people have a low IQ is exactly like the yellow dems calling the north buffalo brains and that's why the yellow dems will never win an election.

Thai people aren't as stupid or slow as the yellows try and make out!

Typical SP response.

Turn a discussion into a summons of a farmers marketing boss in to an anti yellow tirade.

I'll give you a clue old mate......the Thai people aren't as stupid or slow as the Reds would like them to be either.

Don't think any election will be a easy win for the Reds.

A lot of people, as in many millions, are happy that the Red driven slaughter in the streets has finally been stopped.

I think they will think again before the next election about what has happened in the recent past.

The world has changed since the 1990's when propaganda was primarily word of mouth or "town hall" meetings.

The internet and social media has changed things dramatically.

And I doubt it will be for the benefit of the Reds in the long run.

• Like 1

That is utter BS.

Give it up mate you are bashing your head against facts and truth and it isn't working.

The audit, as I told everyone at the time, is now basically worthless. To guage the quality would have needed thousands of random samples simply due to the volume.

They couldnt find a second bit of corruption in the very facility they found it already.

There is little to complement them with in their inspections and they want to use this evidence to claim losses against the previous party. They have opened themselves up to accusation themselves.

Great job.

Looks like you have taken over trying to justify the scheme, in this case by trying to confuse two different things.

What we are talking about here is missing rice and the corruption, theft and other illegal activities that go with it.

The NACC case's (note there are more than one) hinges on negligence in one case against yingluck, and in financial transactions in others against her and other officials, as per :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742567-anti-graft-agency-probing-rice-deals-links-to-thai-ministers/

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission sub-panel is deeply probing alleged irregularities in the rice-pledging scheme's financial transactions to identify possible nominees linked to five former ministers under investigation, NACC deputy secretary-general Warawit Sukboon said yesterday.

Facing graft probes in connection with the rice-pledging scheme are ex-PM Yingluck Shinawatra, ex-commerce ministers Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, Boonsong Teriyapirom and Yanyong Phuangrach and former deputy commerce minister Poom Sarapol.

Warawit said the NACC was waiting for more information from banks and relevant state agencies.

He said all the information would be further examined in depth through analyses and syntheses to identify any irregularities in the financial transactions made by the five ex-officials before they assumed and left their post.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757870-ex-commerce-ministers-secretary-faces-charges-over-fake-g-to-g-rice-deals/ DSI probes graft allegations in govt's rice-pledging scheme

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has decided to lodge malfeasance and other criminal charges against former secretary of ex-commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom for alleged involvement in fake government-to-government rice deals with two Chinese state enterprises.

Do tell me Mr Robby NZ just how you can probe financial irregularities when you don't have a certified final audit. If no final audit, just how to prove negligence. Yes it was a poor policy but nothing criminal about that until you have the audited figures to back up the charges. Meanwhile, the G to G MOU is still under investigation and the NACC has already lodged charges. In their haste as TaH posted, they are open to more accusation.

The Nation

Do tell me Mr Robby NZ just how you can probe financial irregularities when you don't have a certified final audit. If no final audit, just how to prove negligence. Yes it was a poor policy but nothing criminal about that until you have the audited figures to back up the charges. Meanwhile, the G to G MOU is still under investigation and the NACC has already lodged charges. In their haste as TaH posted, they are open to more accusation.

Precisely. Any lawyer in the world would shoot down any accusation in a second, simply because the only prrof now is to take their word for it.

This being Thailand we will give them some leeway. So the best is that any conviction will be tarred as clearly politically driven. Outstanding result.

That is utter BS.

The audit, as I told everyone at the time, is now basically worthless. To guage the quality would have needed thousands of random samples simply due to the volume.

They couldnt find a second bit of corruption in the very facility they found it already.

There is little to complement them with in their inspections and they want to use this evidence to claim losses against the previous party. They have opened themselves up to accusation themselves.

Great job.

I am sure "Everyone" is very grateful for your expert opinion.

Unfortunately for you most of us prefer to rely on the facts as reported and can make up our own minds.

You may or may not have noticed that the recent inspections were far more detailed than the previous inspection carried out by the PT administration which found everything to be in good order and condition, heck this time they took months rather than days and even sent samples for DNA testing to confirm their origin.

You wont admit that what they are doing now is following up on the report by the inspection committee and putting together details for prosecutions, that's why outfits like the AMLO are involved.

Of course there will always be accusers trying to save their own hide such as Yangyong Puangrach who is on the list of those facing charges :

Claims of substandard rice distorted: ex-deputy minister

The Nation

BANGKOK: - FORMER DEPUTY Commerce Minister Yanyong Phuangrach yesterday voiced doubt over results of the government's audit of the rice-pledging scheme, saying they appeared to have been gravely distorted and that granary owners and surveyors should sue the panel in charge of verifying the state stockpiles.

• Like 1

Yes bakseeda saying people have a low IQ is exactly like the yellow dems calling the north buffalo brains and that's why the yellow dems will never win an election.

Thai people aren't as stupid or slow as the yellows try and make out!

Typical SP response.

Turn a discussion into a summons of a farmers marketing boss in to an anti yellow tirade.

I'll give you a clue old mate......the Thai people aren't as stupid or slow as the Reds would like them to be either.

Don't think any election will be a easy win for the Reds.

A lot of people, as in many millions, are happy that the Red driven slaughter in the streets has finally been stopped.

I think they will think again before the next election about what has happened in the recent past.

The world has changed since the 1990's when propaganda was primarily word of mouth or "town hall" meetings.

The internet and social media has changed things dramatically.

And I doubt it will be for the benefit of the Reds in the long run.

I think the people in the north being called "buffalo brains", as the parrot claims the "yellow dems" have done, and actually being treated as though you have buffalo brains, as the Shins did, is two completely different things. thumbsup.gif

Actions speak louder than words.

The Nation

You haven't grasped it yet have you Eric.

That's what this topic is all about the AMLO and others doing a thorough investigation of the financial transactions and bookwork in regards to this one instance in order to proceed with legal action.

Now that an inspection has been made all the problems (such as this topic) highlighted by the inspection can be gone into one by one and prosecutions brought.

The negligence case against Yingluck is based on the many warnings she received that the scheme was in big trouble and which she failed to heed, indeed she kept saying everything was fine and refused to act to stop or at least minimize losses. That is where the negligence comes in.

The pending corruption cases are based on fake G 2 G deals which happened before PT were dissolved, as did Yinglucks negligence.

Nothing to do with a final audit of the whole scheme which may be impossible anyway as PT appeared not to have kept records or if they did they kept them well hidden.

The Nation

That's what this topic is all about the AMLO and others doing a thorough investigation of the financial transactions and bookwork in regards to this one instance in order to proceed with legal action.

Now that an inspection has been made all the problems (such as this topic) highlighted by the inspection can be gone into one by one and prosecutions brought.

The negligence case against Yingluck is based on the many warnings she received that the scheme was in big trouble and which she failed to heed, indeed she kept saying everything was fine and refused to act to stop or at least minimize losses. That is where the negligence comes in.

The pending corruption cases are based on fake G 2 G deals which happened before PT were dissolved, as did Yinglucks negligence.

Nothing to do with a final audit of the whole scheme which may be impossible anyway as PT appeared not to have kept records or if they did they kept them well hidden.

Robby, your explanation is futile. Not only me but the OAG has told the NACC has no case as it lacks detail evidences and full of loopholes. Even the TDRI distance themself from the charges. Sometimes, you have the accept the facts that the NACC has acted in haste for whatever reasons or agenda.

That is utter BS.

Great job.

I am sure "Everyone" is very grateful for your expert opinion.

Unfortunately for you most of us prefer to rely on the facts as reported and can make up our own minds.

You may or may not have noticed that the recent inspections were far more detailed than the previous inspection carried out by the PT administration which found everything to be in good order and condition, heck this time they took months rather than days and even sent samples for DNA testing to confirm their origin.

You wont admit that what they are doing now is following up on the report by the inspection committee and putting together details for prosecutions, that's why outfits like the AMLO are involved.

Of course there will always be accusers trying to save their own hide such as Yangyong Puangrach who is on the list of those facing charges :

Claims of substandard rice distorted: ex-deputy minister

The Nation

BANGKOK: - FORMER DEPUTY Commerce Minister Yanyong Phuangrach yesterday voiced doubt over results of the government's audit of the rice-pledging scheme, saying they appeared to have been gravely distorted and that granary owners and surveyors should sue the panel in charge of verifying the state stockpiles.

Not at all.

The inspections have bee completed and reported. This has happened during a so called subsequent inspection. The original inspection and discovery was in July.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740510-thai-rice-scandal-more-rice-missing-from-storage/

"After finding 90,000 sacks of missing rice at [Pathum Thani] granaries, I have ordered officials to investigate more thoroughly into reasons for the missing rice today," said Deputy National Police Chief Pol General Ake Angsananont.

So, the original discovery in the facility in Pathum Than was in July. Subsequently in the same facility they now find another 100k missing.

So, you really believe they know what the have nationwide in the country?

I clicked on this thread thinking "Let's see what this <deleted> thief looks like", and <deleted> me! I got a <deleted> mugshot of this <deleted> <deleted>. I guess I <deleted> got what I <deleted> asked for...

(Note: I preempted the deletes tongue.png )

(Note 2: I don't really care one way or another, just not really enthralled by her 'personality'. The Shins have done so much to preserve "The Thai Way of Life" (=relative poverty), but if it wasn't them it would be someone else. Maybe to a lesser degree, but none-the-less. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that.)

The Nation

Robby, your explanation is futile. Not only me but the OAG has told the NACC has no case as it lacks detail evidences and full of loopholes. Even the TDRI distance themself from the charges. Sometimes, you have the accept the facts that the NACC has acted in haste for whatever reasons or agenda.

I know its futile for you Eric your so indoctrinated you will never be able to see the truth.

However there may be others who an explanation helps as they may be willing to try to understand.

You appear to have missed the latest, the NACC and the OAG have agreed to talk again to 2 witnesses regarding the G 2 G deals when that is done then have agreed to start action. Even though the negligence charges have nothing to do with the G 2 G deals.

• Like 1

I know its futile for you Eric your so indoctrinated you will never be able to see the truth.

However there may be others who an explanation helps as they may be willing to try to understand.

You appear to have missed the latest, the NACC and the OAG have agreed to talk again to 2 witnesses regarding the G 2 G deals when that is done then have agreed to start action. Even though the negligence charges have nothing to do with the G 2 G deals.

Robby, no logic,facts or any amount of explanation will convince Eric or TaH. They are just as they claim the charges to be i.e. politically motivated.

Usual PT and their apologists' trick - cloud everything and hope the real issues and facts get lost in those now muddy waters. Then keep talking and delaying until they hope everyone has forgotten what really happened and when it occurred. Notice how they try to blend separate charges into one, and then make that one something different so they can defend it? All old tricks from the cadre of posters who pop up to defend the Shins, many of whom have been very quiet recently.

Robby, no logic,facts or any amount of explanation will convince Eric or TaH. They are just as they claim the charges to be i.e. politically motivated.

Usual PT and their apologists' trick - cloud everything and hope the real issues and facts get lost in those now muddy waters. Then keep talking and delaying until they hope everyone has forgotten what really happened and when it occurred. Notice how they try to blend separate charges into one, and then make that one something different so they can defend it? All old tricks from the cadre of posters who pop up to defend the Shins, many of whom have been very quiet recently.

I prefer to deal with what I can see and what I think they can prove.

So far, little or no hard proof and everyone sitting in their hands trying to find the guts to bring the final case.

You guys think I support the Shins. Little could be further from the truth. What I am definitely agajnst is coups and army's running govts.

I prefer to look to the future and the way it looks, Yingluck won't be banned at the next election, so moaning about her winning will be wasted breath. She will probably clean up.

I mean honestly, what is there to love about the democrats or the army. They are all basically as bad as each other. You think I am indoctrinated? To hear westerners singing the praises of authoritarian army juntas is truly bizarre.

• Like 1

I mean honestly, what is there to love about the democrats or the army. They are all basically as bad as each other. You think I am indoctrinated? To hear westerners singing the praises of authoritarian army juntas is truly bizarre.

Bizarre and almost unbelievable.

A strange footnote to this whole rice situation, is that large bags; 8 and 15 kg bags of Thai AAA Scented Jasmin Rice currently sold in Canada in grocery stores are sold at below the price that a farmer in Isaan gets for the same quantities of cleanded rice. Is this some explanation for "missing rice". Maybe I am mistaken, but this was calculated after recently visiting a farang rice farming friend near Korat. Currently an 8 kg bag of this rice is just under 10 USD in Canada at my local grocery store. Maybe someone else who knows rice prices can confirm.