Registering address before renewing extension of stay

When I did my last 90 days at Phuket Immigration I enquired about this and was given a form with no number which has been printed on the back of an old document. The form itself is not clear about who should fill it in, and the foreign advisers at Phuket Imm were no more clear.

I live with my Thai wife in a house which is (of course) in her name, where we have lived for 16 years.. My name does not appear anywhere in the Tabian Baan,or elsewhere, so how do I prove I live there? I have seen all sorts of information on Thai Visa suggesting that you need photos of yourself in the house and a Thai witness to prove you live there,but others say none of this is necessary.

I would be grateful if someone could explain clearly what is needed.

What is your extension of stay based upon?

Without seeing the form I have no idea what it is for.

Since you are married all you need is a copy of your wife's house book and marriage certificate for proof of residence.

The photos are only needed for an an extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

Can't remember which government office issued it but get yourself a yellow book which will be a house book for you on your wife's house.

Yellow book absolutely not needed, for 90 days reporting (that is reporting of presence in country, not of living address), no proof of address is required.

The form you mention is clearly identified as "Registration Form for the Owner of a Residence" The form is in two parts;

Part 1 is the address of the residence where a foreigner is residing. It does not include or need the foreigners personal details viz-a-viz name age etc.

Part 2 requires the personal details of the OWNER of the residence, NOT the renter, lessee, etc. Of course if the owner is a foreigner then his/her name fills the blank spots.

Finally this form only needs to be completed by long term visa extension people once or whenever the foreigner changes their address. There is no fee and once completed a confirmation slip is placed into the passport.

This form was introduced to Phuket Immigration about one month ago.

Edited by PlastikbinLina

That is a TM30 form and is an official one. The OP mentioned the form he got had no number so it was not a TM30.

The owner or possessor is responsible for submitting the TM30 and is the one that should get the receipt for the report.

If your wife owns the house,she is the one who has

to file a report that you reside at said address,failure

to do so will result in a fine for her,we have to report

when new tenant moves into our properties,at one time

my wife failed to,and was found out when tenant went

to get a certificate of residence to apply for driving

license ,she was fined 800THB,you can do it online

at Chiang Mai immigration,just get her to take copies

of your passport and report at nearest office.

regards Worgeordie

That is a TM30 form and is an official one. The OP mentioned the form he got had no number so it was not a TM30.

The owner or possessor is responsible for submitting the TM30 and is the one that should get the receipt for the report.

It seems that the form I was given was a temporary expedient when the instructions first cam from Bangkok. I have now downloaded the genuine TM30 and it is perfectly clear. Thank you very much!!

When I went to renew my extension for retirement on 30.th september 2014 at Phuket Immigration, I was told by the foreigner at the help desk, that I had to register my adress before I could apply for a new retirement extension. Long time ago my wife had registered with Immigration that I live in her house. I have been living in the same house owned by my wife for more than 7 years and this was the 7. time I went to renew my extension at this adress.

And right, when I came to the officer for extension, I too was given a form printed on the backside of some other stuff. It had no form number and was only in Thai. I was told to have the owner of where I lived to fill out the form. Since my wife was up in Isaan to visit her mother, I had a thai neighbour look at the form and she filled it out, luckily I had the blue tabian baan and a copy of my wifes ID card.

The next day I first went to the front desk and registered my adress with the filled out form, the tabian baan and copy of wifes ID card. I told the officer that my wife was not in Phuket and could not sign the form, but no problem. I got a receipt for registering my adress stappled in my passpor tand went to the back desk and had my retirement extension with no further delay.

After that I went to the front desk again and had a reentry permit and did my 90 report.

ubonjoe, on 29 Dec 2014 - 09:15, said:

The copies handed out by Immigration do not have the TM30 printed on the forms.

Even the copies downloaded from the Immigration website do not have the number on the forms.

The headers though do state "Notification for House-Master, Owner or Possessor of the Residence where Alien has stayed".

drtshill, on 29 Dec 2014 - 14:27, said:

Worgeordie how do you get anything online here in CM?? I just moved here CM and need extension for one year

You can download any forms you need from the Immigration website:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

TM7 - Extension of Stay

TM47 - 90 Day Reports

TM28 - Change of Address

TM30 - House Owner Registration where Alien Resides

etc, etc, etc.