Prem blesses New Year wishes to Prayut

webfact

"Gen Prem told Gen Prayut's delegation to take pride in the May 22 power seizure."

Still anyone doubting that Sutheps roadshow and the following coup was orchestrated by the feudal masters and their mighty sponsors??

Please identify these "feudal masters and their mighty sponsors".
Please provide evidence that you are not on government's PR office payroll or here to silence any opinion that doesn't correspond with yours.

Any idea what name he went under previously?...

• Like 1

"Gen Prem told Gen Prayut's delegation to take pride in the May 22 power seizure."

Still anyone doubting that Sutheps roadshow and the following coup was orchestrated by the feudal masters and their mighty sponsors??

Please provide evidence that you are not on government's PR office payroll or here to silence any opinion that doesn't correspond with yours.
Any idea what name he went under previously?...
I could take a guess, but that might be in direct violation of the 12 rules that he wants to invoke here on TVF. Edited by maxme
  • Like 2

Where is Oliver Cromwell when you need him, like Prayut, he controlled parliament but ruled the country effectively, probably because there was no TV to transmit happiness and joy.

Oliver Cromwell was a military strongman who seized power and ruled through his appointees. He suppressed criticism, dictated a series of moral principles and used his zealots to force them upon the people. He also was rather into nepotism ( he planned for his son Richard to succeed him). Under his rule the democratic rights and many of the freedoms of the people (such as they were) were removed. He was well known for having no sense of humour.

Now why is this starting to sound familiar?

That is true but you have to see it in the context of the times he was living in, the common folk had no voice before him or after him. He was basically an honest man who did what he thought was right without profit to himself ( he turned down the offer of the throne )he was quick to see BS and wouldn't stand for it, dissolving parliament for instance,''be gone,there is no good in you''. Financially the UK was better of under his rule. I liked the way he promoted common people in his model army to officers over and above the gentry because of their ability not because of their station in life. He himself came from the lower gentry. The situation in the UK at the time required that parliament ( not he himself,he was a cavalry officer ) seize power from the king who was bent on absolute power and bankrupting the UK. A black mark against him was his refusal to allow the common man a vote after his victory.

• Like 1

Thailand is and has for a long time been controlled by a loose alliance of convenience of 3 factions keeping each other in check - the military elite, the civilian (mainly ethnic Chinese) elite and the royalists.

Please identify a few of each of these "military elite, the civilian (mainly ethnic Chinese) elite and the royalists".

8 posts 'pretending' that the obvious triad as mentioned is not true

do not answer this mischevious troll

...And be immediately banned from Thaivisa. Great idea.

Why on Earth would that be? There's no rule against naming any the presumably large group so vaguely identified.

Wait a sec............................coffee1.gif

I just need to register a new username first!!

...And be immediately banned from Thaivisa. Great idea.
Why on Earth would that be? There's no rule against naming any the presumably large group so vaguely identified.

How would you know that I would not be breaking forum rules if you don't know who I mean? But of course you do know who I mean, which makes you a troll.

Now run along, the grown-ups are talking.

• Like 1

How would you know that I would not be breaking forum rules if you don't know who I mean? But of course you do know who I mean, which makes you a troll.

Now run along, the grown-ups are talking.

Absolute comic genius ! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Most independent commentators on Thai politics would disagree with you.You are right however to suggest the mainly Sino Thai urban middle class threw their lot in with Suthep and his backers.But this is hardly representative of the Thai people as a whole.In fact your hyperbolic language is not only ludicrous but unsupported by reality.I don't undervalue the role he played in torpedoing the ill advised umbrella amnesty,but this was never going to be enough for the establishment.

The role of Suthep will be debated for decades but I think the consensus is that he acted as an attack dog ie with a degree of autonomy but ultimately directed by his shadowy backers.

I tend to agree with that.

I can definitely see the "boss" saying: ok you two, we are going to play good cop, bad coop.

S we start with you; go put a mess in the streets... People are out already, we got the perfect timing...

P you stay put, you can go in when they need a relief..

Most independent commentators on Thai politics would disagree with you.You are right however to suggest the mainly Sino Thai urban middle class threw their lot in with Suthep and his backers.But this is hardly representative of the Thai people as a whole.In fact your hyperbolic language is not only ludicrous but unsupported by reality.I don't undervalue the role he played in torpedoing the ill advised umbrella amnesty,but this was never going to be enough for the establishment.

The role of Suthep will be debated for decades but I think the consensus is that he acted as an attack dog ie with a degree of autonomy but ultimately directed by his shadowy backers.

I tend to agree with that.

I can definitely see the "boss" saying: ok you two, we are going to play good cop, bad coop.

S we start with you; go put a mess in the streets... People are out already, we got the perfect timing...

P you stay put, you can go in when they need a relief..

Sounds legit. If I ever need to launch a coup I will give you a call, you seem to know your stuff . clap2.gif