Failed expats and the lies they tell others and themselves as to why ...

Jingthing

Hmmm, a much more levelled post lacking the vitriol of your first post, thanks!

[yeah really? try telling that to Michael Brown and those protesting the fallout of the court decision regarding Ferguson] I have no interest in the color of a person’s skin; I engage mentally with people and judge them on their intellectual prowess. I know no one in America that cares either; I’m sure there are people in America that care about such issues but I don’t know any. I believe racism in the US is promoted by the media and the government, a physiological operation, primarily hype, used for destabilization and misdirection. I can’t think of a single American that I know that has any interest in human skin pigmentation, the color of someone’s skin is meaningless. American police may be are out of control but I pay no attention to "Ferguson" or any mainstream media it is IMO a staged controlled fiction. What I’m referring to is the Thai racism not American, the people are fixated on the meaningless preoccupation of having white skin, IMO a complete and total waste of time.

[stereotype much? I'm guessing you live in one of the Farang Ghettos... Where I live most of the locals are hard working, industrious, and community minded.] Do I live in a ghetto? Hardly. [Phuket, Samui, Pattaya, Sukumvit area?? If yes, you live in a farang ghetto - it is an expression, not a condemnation.] However I agree there are some very decent respectable Thai people and to those people I have respect. [interesting change of tack from your original statement... "Thailand is filthy and reflects its people’s attitude; they are a lethargic group, most sleeping over a bowl of rice at there job with little pride in their surroundings."]

[Why, oh why, would the Thai government be spending its time and money protecting you - a non-citizen?] That is why I will be removing myself from Thailand I want a home, not a country were the government cares only about certain people but about all the people equally and treat all individuals equally under the law. I'm finished with the police shakedowns and being looked down on by their government.

[Ah, here it comes - "They're gonna miss me (my money) when I'm gone... You find the answer to that is, "Not so much"!!] I could care less about how my money effects the Thai economy I use it for my needs not theirs. In the "Land of Smiles" I'm an incredibly wealthy person [Compared to whom? Farmers or average businesspersons or the real Thai wealthy who buy and sell businesses like used cars and holiday in Monaco?] that has lived there for full time for 8 years and was planning to spend the next 25 years paying for goods and services in the Kingdom. I’m not foolish enough to believe that when I’m gone the loss of the disbursement of my wealth into the community will have no effect. [And yet, it will have no effect. Employees will find other jobs, suppliers will get by,and the community will trudge on without you. They may mourn the loss of their golden goose for a short while then poof you're ancient history.]

["I've spent a boatload of money - why doesn't anyone like or respect me."] I have not spent a boatload of money in Thailand I made investments and retain there value, I will unwind those investments and take that value along with myself to a place were I feel more comfortable living. [if you have just "made investments" which can be "unwound" and taken AND have not spent "a boatload of money in Thailand" how large can your "disbursement of wealth into the community be"? Your two statements are diametrically opposed to each other!] I could care less if someone respects me or not it’s meaningless. [Another interesting change in direction. From: "my economic footprint is easily 20 times that of a typical Thai yet I feel unwelcome and unsupported in Thailand." Almost like two different people!]

All I can say is groove-on Robert, I hope your bubble of self-importance doesn't burst!!

Self importance? Groove-on? Is that it? Not much happening with you upstairs currently is there, are you getting fatigued? Your last post at least had some thought behind the response.

Yeah, self-importance - like not actually reading the post you are commenting on!!! If you bothered to read it you would have seen I did make thoughtful responses again in-line... (Hint: read the newer bold parts!!)

Mr. Mikebike, I didn’t know you could type into a previous post like that so I missed it. Your posts have IMO been the most thoughtful replies, I abhor the simpleton one-liners, it’s the exchange of ideas I crave, hopefully I’m going to learn something from you and in an equaling of the weight and balance scale of life I can deliver some information from my perspective that hopefully you can benefit from reading as well. It’s ironic that this thread morphed into a discussion of racial prejudice in the US derived from one sentence in a five paragraph post I made regarding my dissatisfactions with living in Thailand but as they say “it is what it is”.

Obviously in a country the size of the US there are going to be people that look down on others based on the color of their skin. Personally I don’t know anyone that places any importance on such a naive meaningless appraisal of an individual. In the US there are Asians, Africans, Latino’s, Indians, Caucasians, Native Americans and more that have achieved the apex of success and accomplishment, there are no barriers preventing individuals with the dedication and perseverance to acquire valuable skills and use those skills to achieve.

Financially I understand everyone is expendable in the Thai’s economy. I’m not kidding myself believing that the elimination of the distribution of my wealth into my community will create a hardship to more than the people I employ and the companies whose goods and services I consume. As far as my investment portfolio and financial footprint I am not “two different people” I don’t “spend a boatload of money” I invest, for two goals, capital gains and to acquire and manage quality streams of income. I employ people in the community in the acquisition and maintenance of these investments along with the goods and services I consume that produces my economic contribution. In reality my economic contribution far exceeds 20 times the average Thai’s. There are Thai’s and farang in Thailand that make my footprint seem insignificant and I understand in reality I am merely a minuscule player in the financial realm but a substantial player when compared to the average Thai citizen. I use my money for myself and I invest because I enjoy the game. But the game is very restricted for me as a farang in Thailand another reason I’m moving on I desire more investment freedom.

Ultimately after 8 years I will always have an economic contribution in Thailand I’m just reducing and redeploying. I plan to keep a home in Thailand and spend at least a few months a year there; ultimately there is a lot about Thailand I love, their language, their food but now that I know the reality of what it is to live here and I’m not satisfied. The business restrictions placed on farang, the corruption, the filthy environment, however the real reason I'm moving on is the awareness that as a farang it has been made very clear to me, over and over again and I tried to resit believing it but I am no longer going to deceive myself, I’m really not wanted in Thailand, I'm just tolerated and I'm not willing to live in a place were I am not wanted.

• Like 1

Mr. Mikebike, I didn’t know you could type into a previous post like that so I missed it. Your posts have IMO been the most thoughtful replies, I abhor the simpleton one-liners, it’s the exchange of ideas I crave, hopefully I’m going to learn something from you and in an equaling of the weight and balance scale of life I can deliver some information from my perspective that hopefully you can benefit from reading as well. It’s ironic that this thread morphed into a discussion of racial prejudice in the US derived from one sentence in a five paragraph post I made regarding my dissatisfactions with living in Thailand but as they say “it is what it is”.

Obviously in a country the size of the US there are going to be people that look down on others based on the color of their skin. Personally I don’t know anyone that places any importance on such a naive meaningless appraisal of an individual. In the US there are Asians, Africans, Latino’s, Indians, Caucasians, Native Americans and more that have achieved the apex of success and accomplishment, there are no barriers preventing individuals with the dedication and perseverance to acquire valuable skills and use those skills to achieve.

Financially I understand everyone is expendable in the Thai’s economy. I’m not kidding myself believing that the elimination of the distribution of my wealth into my community will create a hardship to more than the people I employ and the companies whose goods and services I consume. As far as my investment portfolio and financial footprint I am not “two different people” I don’t “spend a boatload of money” I invest, for two goals, capital gains and to acquire and manage quality streams of income. I employ people in the community in the acquisition and maintenance of these investments along with the goods and services I consume that produces my economic contribution. In reality my economic contribution far exceeds 20 times the average Thai’s. There are Thai’s and farang in Thailand that make my footprint seem insignificant and I understand in reality I am merely a minuscule player in the financial realm but a substantial player when compared to the average Thai citizen. I use my money for myself and I invest because I enjoy the game. But the game is very restricted for me as a farang in Thailand another reason I’m moving on I desire more investment freedom.

Ultimately after 8 years I will always have an economic contribution in Thailand I’m just reducing and redeploying. I plan to keep a home in Thailand and spend at least a few months a year there; ultimately there is a lot about Thailand I love, their language, their food but now that I know the reality of what it is to live here and I’m not satisfied. The business restrictions placed on farang, the corruption, the filthy environment, however the real reason I'm moving on is the awareness that as a farang it has been made very clear to me, over and over again and I tried to resit believing it but I am no longer going to deceive myself, I’m really not wanted in Thailand, I'm just tolerated and I'm not willing to live in a place were I am not wanted.

no barriers? lol

Abhor may have be a poor choice of words probably boring is more fitting. Brevity in communication can be an excellent method of collaborating ideas depending on what is said. IMO brevity exposes itself all too often as a replacement for deficiency in communication skills, lack of subject knowledge and laziness.

While I agree some of the most intellectually superior mentally engaging ideas are communicated in a brief manor, as some examples these brief phrases are IMO priceless communications, “actions speak louder than words” or “by his deeds you shall know him” and “the older I get the less I pay attention to what people say I watch what they do”.

Very fitting, “actions”, “deeds” and “attention to what is done, not said”. The more value an individual associates to an endeavor in communication the more time they will spend in its pursuit, it can then be extrapolated that the action of creating one-liners and three or four word responses most of the time IMO are an indication of an insignificant level of value an individual places on their reply. “By their deeds you shall know him”, they are not engaging in serious intellectual communication, it is the equivalent to playing a children’s game.

• Like 1

I could try to make us feel better with the, "Well, Michael Jordan failed at his first shot." But those things never work for more than one second. Or "(this president) lost his first election when he was .... " ok, let me think of another angle.

i do think to justify your success means you are insecure at some level, and that can be a failure. It is sad you can inherit 100 million baht and convince people you are successful, for a long time.

we don't really have the definitive metric of success besides money. since i have some money, but not rich, i would be smart to use a metric that works for me......I would first have us swim 5k, bike 200k, and run 10k (don't run much anymore). Then take a test on World History, emphasizing military history. Ah yes, the test would of course be in English. Then have a public speaking competition..... and after all that, run up a mountain.

I would be sure to get a medal with the words success engraved in the talisman!!!!

Abhor may have be a poor choice of words probably boring is more fitting. Brevity in communication can be an excellent method of collaborating ideas depending on what is said. IMO brevity exposes itself all too often as a replacement for deficiency in communication skills, lack of subject knowledge and laziness.

While I agree some of the most intellectually superior mentally engaging ideas are communicated in a brief manor, as some examples these brief phrases are IMO priceless communications, “actions speak louder than words” or “by his deeds you shall know him” and “the older I get the less I pay attention to what people say I watch what they do”.

Very fitting, “actions”, “deeds” and “attention to what is done, not said”. The more value an individual associates to an endeavor in communication the more time they will spend in its pursuit, it can then be extrapolated that the action of creating one-liners and three or four word responses most of the time IMO are an indication of an insignificant level of value an individual places on their reply. “By their deeds you shall know him”, they are not engaging in serious intellectual communication, it is the equivalent to playing a children’s game.

I do agree with you, BUT I think there are some people who just like to hear themselves talk and will ramble forever. Sometimes they are smart, but usually they do say the comical "when the rubber hits the road, " "let's hit the ground running," "drill down to the solution." and all that other garbage.......now political speeches have an entirely different agenda. their demographic usually needs some filler words.....lol

Now THAT is a boring post.

Thankfully not all expats fit into your categories.

Don't forget middle-aged prudes .

Calling people who don't sleep with whores a prude is like calling those who don't shoot deer a vegetarian.

I sleep with whores AND shoot deer (both as often as possible),

Do I win a prize?

PS

Would love the chance to go on an elephant or tiger hunt!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Not having a dig but would you have explained the writer was "very educated" if he was white, Japanese or Chinese? Were you concerned that because somebody who was black had written an article it wouldn't be taken seriously unless it could be established he was "very educated"?

See the post I was directly replying to which was talking about a minority person that was educated and how that supposedly shielded against experiencing racism. The article explains that is not really true, but that the manifestations are different in different cultures.

Ukrainians haven't been neutered from what race is like many Europeans. Neither have the Thais. Thankfully people are waking up to the whole nature of race across the human species and not before time too. :)

Cheers.

Thankfully not all expats fit into your categories.

Don't forget middle-aged prudes .
Calling people who don't sleep with whores a prude is like calling those who don't shoot deer aAgetarian.
Sleeping with whores has nothing to do with being a prude. Constantly haranguing people who do, with sanctimonious sermons, is a different matter.
When have I done that? Can you point to one of these sermons?

I don't care if you do it. I just want to make the point that not every guy does. For some reason staying that simple fact tends to provoke hostility and disbelief, which I find bewildering.

Edited by SoiBiker

I don't care if you do it. I just want to make the point that not every guy does. For some reason staying that simple fact tends to provoke hostility and disbelief, which I find bewildering.

How often do you have/want sex?

If your answer is once a week or once a month, then you probably are happy with a western woman.

But many of us have a more normal sex drive and would like to do it twice (or more) a week.

Which presents us with a bit of a problem in the western world.

Nothing wrong with having a low sex drive, I wish I were like you, would have saved me a lot of stress and money.

How often do you have/want sex?

If your answer is once a week or once a month, then you probably are happy with a western woman.

But many of us have a more normal sex drive and would like to do it twice (or more) a week.

Which presents us with a bit of a problem in the western world.

Nothing wrong with having a low sex drive, I wish I were like you, would have saved me a lot of stress and money.

That's ridiculous and insulting. And yet you accuse me of baiting?

it is a lot more about education than skin color. In fact, an educated person of color, who is a hard worker, has more opportunities than a white person in my country, simply because they are less numerous than educated whites.

Government jobs, Yes.

Everywhere else, No.

In the UK 50% of jobs are with the government..

it is a lot more about education than skin color. In fact, an educated person of color, who is a hard worker, has more opportunities than a white person in my country, simply because they are less numerous than educated whites.

Government jobs, Yes.

Everywhere else, No.

That's completely untrue.

• Like 1

This is so elementary I would think you would have acquired this knowledge at this point in your life. Skin color is only important to intellectual morons, people that need to make excuses for their failures.

Intelligent, motivated, resourceful people are successful no matter the color their skin, they adapt, they don't quit, they don't make excuses and they don't fail. They don’t waste their time thinking about their skin color they are busy succeeding.

I can only assume by your posts that you spend your time making excuses and thinking like a failure.

Unless you live in Thailand and happen to be a bright kid from Issan. Dark skin colour.

You wrote, "Skin color is only important to intellectual morons, people that need to make excuses for their failures."

I don't think the EEOC would agree with you.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. It is also illegal to discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of dis

The government is a con, a physiological operation; successful people are in demand because of the skills they have acquired, the color of their skin is meaningless.

Government jobs, Yes.

Everywhere else, No.

A quick google discovers 19% ..........

"At Q2 2013 there were 5.7 million people working in the public sector across the UK accounting for 19% of people in employment. This is the lowest percentage since the series began in 1999. The public sector comprises of 2.7 million people working in central government, 2.4 million working in local government and 469,000 in public corporations. Looking in more detail at the types of industries the top three at Q1 2013 were the National Health Service (NHS) which employed 1.5 million people, Education which employed 1.5 million people and Public Administration which employed 1.1 million people."

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/pse/public-sector-employment/q2-2013/sty-public-section-employment.html

It's the guys that hide behind the closed door of their wives corner food shop, hi-so joints like the ones that sell the 99 baht breakfasts and similar. They hide away in the back of the kitchen slicing carrots and reminiscing about their days with the KGB, after cleaning the slop cans and recycling the cooker oil they start taping away on Internet forums claiming to be experts about everything from dog control to worlds best terrorist advisors.......that the type of loser that make me laugh hardest.

I don't care if you do it. I just want to make the point that not every guy does.

You made that point weeks ago. Posting it over anJer again, in post after post, thread after thread, and implying that everyone that does is a loser, puts it into obsessive-compulsive territory.

I'm not judging anyone. Do what you like. But don't kid yourselves about what you're doing, and don't pretend that everyone else here does the same.