AirAsia jet turns back in Thailand due to 'irregularity'

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe there was a monkey on the wing? All jokes aside, good for the pilot. There is a lot of pressure on pilots (especially for discount airlines) to push through sometimes. Safety first!!! Profits second.

Here in Thailand it's all about money, therefor money first profit second (except the two last flights who returned) coffee1.gif

As the passengers on the One-Two Go flight found out who died when the pilot

tried to land at Phuket in 2007 in bad weather instead of diverting to another airport.

Guess the diversion would have cost more money......

Something is getting wrong with Airasia...Whenever i see a bad news related to flight , 90% of time it's Air Asia sad.png

I'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong but as i understand it this is the first time Air Asia have had a plane go down. If this is the case i don't know where you get," Whenever i see a bad news related to flight, 90% of time it's Air Asia" from. Clearly a nonsensical claim to make.

Not such a nonsensical claim when you look at some facts... Air Asia is the worst maintained fleet in the World with the lowest CASM (Cost per Average Seat Mile) at just 5 cents per mile. To give you an idea, Ryan Air is 7.6 CASM!! appalling record of canxed flights and the worst for late and excessively late flights! Scary... AirAsia? No thanks.

Do you have any links that confirm what you are saying?

What facts are you using as a comparison?

Are the mechanics and technicians at Air Asia getting the same salary and paying the same cost of living? What are the costs for example with any US, UK or EU airline? How about the costs of Thai Airways.

If you have the links then post them but if not then what you say is not necessarily correct without proof.

Sounds like BS

AirAsia having the lowest CASM when factoring Stage-Length is a good thing by industry standards and has nothing to do with maintaining its fleet which by the way is 22 planes with an average age of 6.1 years. (http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/AirAsia-X#AirlineFleetOverview)

And lastly Thai AirAsia rates best in the world for on time performance for low cost carriers and AirAsia group 8th

(http://www.businessinsider.com/ranked-most-on-time-airlines-2014-2)

Edited by JohnThailandJohn