90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2015

Tywais

This topic is starting to go off the rails so just did some cleanup of redundancies, argumentative and off topic posts.

//addendum - the 75 days brought up by uptheos is valid and useful information for those concerned about the loss. The only way to get a full 90 days is to go in person on the exact day the previous 90 days expires or send it by mail 1-2 days prior to expiration which is chancy and may not be able to convince immigration you sent it in time considering their policy on 15 days before.

Thank you Tywais, that's it in a nutshell.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This topic is starting to go off the rails so just did some cleanup of redundancies, argumentative and off topic posts.

//addendum - the 75 days brought up by uptheos is valid and useful information for those concerned about the loss. The only way to get a full 90 days is to go in person on the exact day the previous 90 days expires or send it by mail 1-2 days prior to expiration which is chancy and may not be able to convince immigration you sent it in time considering their policy on 15 days before.

Fair enough, I suppose, but it is nothing to be upset about! It really doesn't make any material difference except, perhaps, in some extreme drummed-up circumstances, and then it might --- not actually --- cost someone a few bhat! Ok, so who has been nabbed and fined or otherwise really discomoded?

Why make an issue of this? Think about that for a moment! There is no nefarious scheme by Immigration to cheat anyone! Nor any gross incompetence! There are many, many more important things in life to worry about.

By the way, I have never bothered in many, many years to check --- and why, really, should I? Never been fined, either. Mai phen rai!

Fair enough, I suppose, but it is nothing to be upset about! It really doesn't make any material difference except, perhaps, in some extreme drummed-up circumstances, and then it might --- not actually --- cost someone a few bhat! Ok, so who has been nabbed and fined or otherwise really discomoded?

Why make an issue of this? Think about that for a moment! There is no nefarious scheme by Immigration to cheat anyone! Nor any gross incompetence! There are many, many more important things in life to worry about.

By the way, I have never bothered in many, many years to check --- and why, really, should I? Never been fined, either. Mai phen rai!

For a guy who say's

There are many, many more important things in life to worry about.

You sure post a lot about it.

It has certainly not been that way forever, unless you are stating categorically that mailed in reports have always had to be posted 15 days prior (official policy now).

You misunderstood my statement. I was saying that the 90 day period starts when it is processed whether by walk in or mail in and has always been the case. That is if you walk into the office 15 days before then your 90 days start at that point in time as such you lose 15 days in a rolling period, same goes for the mail in.

As for the 15 days requirement. Direct from the Main immigration office below. However there is an item I just noticed that I put in italics and seems to contradict what CM immigration is doing regarding the effective roll over time. I know it has been for years in CM if I go in it has always been stamped 90 days from the date it was processed and see no reason mail-in would be any different. Would be interesting to know other areas of the country that do mail in if they are stamped 90 days at the time it is processed or 90 days from the last 90 day report stamp date.

Both the main immigration website and local immigration officials have stated 15 days before. Now what members do is entirely up to them and I am not going to find fault with them for doing so. Even myself, my only 2 mail in reports were sent in 14 days before and 13 days before respectively out of uncertainty. Whether I switch to 7 days or less instead, probably not as there have still been reports of members getting there return late or not at all and I would like some leeway to 'fix' it.

Guess that item in italics will keep this topic busy for a while speculating. biggrin.png

1. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Immigration Bureau

Tywais, it looks like you deleted the part about your new form being stamped for 90 days as of the expiration date of your old receipt from the pinned instructions, haven't you? One of my friends got all upset when her form was returned stamped 90 days from the date of processing and she cited your pinned post as the The Source that said Immigration did it wrong.

Hmm.... Amazing what gets some people upset. In another thread, someone did the math and figured that if you consistently are "cheated" out of 10 days by Immigration, then it means you'll have to do an additional 90 day report every 2.2 years or something ridiculous like that. Don't many of us leave the country more frequently, thus resetting the 90 day clock anyway? What's the cost of an additional report -- postage and a trip to the post office?

Hmm.... Amazing what gets some people upset. In another thread, someone did the math and figured that if you consistently are "cheated" out of 10 days by Immigration, then it means you'll have to do an additional 90 day report every 2.2 years or something ridiculous like that. Don't many of us leave the country more frequently, thus resetting the 90 day clock anyway? What's the cost of an additional report -- postage and a trip to the post office?

uptheios has very intelliengtly brought another deficiency of the zoo to the table, at no time has he labeled it cheating as u elequently put it

seeing your position as head of a organisation that has powers to rectified such small matters, perhaps a gentle nudge by u, will get the wardens at the zoo to back date their number stamps accordingly

aussies such myself call it a FAIR GO ,and the services of the zoo, in all areas, fall well short of that famous saying

which has left me, to seek other alternatives when my business comes around each year

all have a nice daysmile.png

Tywais, it looks like you deleted the part about your new form being stamped for 90 days as of the expiration date of your old receipt from the pinned instructions, haven't you?

Actually I never had anything in the pinned topic on Procedures that discussed the 90 days from processing versus expiration date. The last edit I did was Jan 22 to add a direct link to the immigration website 90 day form and information. Perhaps she got it from someone's post in here as I've always been aware of the time factor.

So no, she wouldn't have ever gotten that information from the pinned topic details.

Also I have never posted details of this in any of my previous posts until the subject just now came up. I have been so used to it being that way it never occurred to me that others wouldn't be aware of it.

Tywais, it looks like you deleted the part about your new form being stamped for 90 days as of the expiration date of your old receipt from the pinned instructions, haven't you?

Actually I never had anything in the pinned topic on Procedures that discussed the 90 days from processing versus expiration date.

Since the lack of that information in the pinned topic seems to have caused a problem I have now updated it to clarify this.

Perhaps some may not have seen various posts where a member specifically went in early or a bit late to synchronize their 90 days with their partner's or for other reasons.

Now that the Imm mail - in system is running smoothly,well for me anyway I cut the days before expiry down to 3 to mail in and have had no problem getting the receipt back within 4 days.

Really don't miss the place and my blood pressure reading is reacting in tandem with this "no worries" procedure,coffee1.gif providing you keep the PO dated receipt of course !

At least here in Chiang Mai they don't put a stamp on your form about the need to mail it in 15 days before the due date if you fail to do so, like the do in other provinces when people try to buy some time and mail in their 90 day reports 5 - 10 days before the due date.

Oh, and for the record, Uptheos, I hadn't left the country for something like six years until I think Hubby rigged a contest at a charity event and we won a "free" trip to Siem Reap. I know many others can beat that record, but given what I see on a weekly basis someone who has been robbed of 10 days on their 90 day report is pretty low on the list of people who are suffering within the expat community. Sorry if I come across less than compassionate about the subject of people not getting 90 days when they mail in a 90 day report or a receipt when they pay a 500 baht bribe for expedited service for a residency certificate. There are much bigger problems to deal with.

Edit: Sorry -- it's been a very long week for me.

At least here in Chiang Mai they don't put a stamp on your form about the need to mail it in 15 days before the due date if you fail to do so, like the do in other provinces when people try to buy some time and mail in their 90 day reports 5 - 10 days before the due date.

Oh, and for the record, Uptheos, I hadn't left the country for something like six years until I think Hubby rigged a contest at a charity event and we won a "free" trip to Siem Reap. I know many others can beat that record, but given what I see on a weekly basis someone who has been robbed of 10 days on their 90 day report is pretty low on the list of people who are suffering within the expat community. Sorry if I come across less than compassionate about the subject of people not getting 90 days when they mail in a 90 day report or a receipt when they pay a 500 baht bribe for expedited service for a residency certificate. There are much bigger problems to deal with.

Edit: Sorry -- it's been a very long week for me.

1. Is that what they do in all other provinces?

It's not an argumentative question, some people can just accept your statements as fact, I can't.

2. That's OK, but you don't mind if I am compassionate for elderly people, some who need a lot of help due to various frailties and yet they have to put up with both things that you have mentioned?

Those two things that you mentioned are;

• Not getting 90 days, which they are entitled to
  • Paying a bribe for an expedited free service

*I never used the word bribe.

I'd guess that most people who come to a thread like this - one dealing with 90-day reporting experiences - are coming here to either learn how the 90-day system works or to ask a relevant question which would help them understand how to do it. Being perhaps a minority of one, I really don't see much value for those readers to read argument, carping about how the system works, or even suggestions as to how the system ought to work (for the latter item, perhaps it is helpful provided somebody at Immigration actually reads threads like this and has either the power or inclination to change things.....a very doubtful proposition).

In any event, thanks to Tywais, Nancy, and a few others for providing the information that's likely helpful for anybody who comes to a thread like this to actually learn something.

I mailed my 90 day late, only 5 days before the expiry date.of 2nd March

So mailed 24th,april,received 25th. New date issued 25th May and was received back today March 7th.

I agree with other posters that the new 90 day period starts at ther date of application, so in my case 85 days.

More posts removed. This is getting tiring and just going around in circles for no real purpose. This is posted in my OP "Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear". I will be clearing posts that continue to be argumentative and/or off topic without further notice. So if your post disappears, this is why and no need to wonder or ask where it went.

More posts removed. This is getting tiring and just going around in circles for no real purpose. This is posted in my OP "Note: Off-topic posts will be removed to keep this topic clear". I will be clearing posts that continue to be argumentative and/or off topic without further notice. So if your post disappears, this is why and no need to wonder or ask where it went.

Perhaps you could end this thread and start a mail in thread only for mail in.

Then another one for walk in only.

Then a third one for nit pickers and bitching.

A win win situation for all.wai.gif

Hello

I had a few questions. I have to do my 90 days report soon. As their internet website does not work I have to prepare to do by mail....

1 - Should I photocopy ALL pages of passport? Or only photocopy, all stamps regarding my last entry, visa, extensions...?

2 - Is the last receipt of 90 days notification mandatory? I lost my wife's (farang too)....

3 - Can I send the 2 application together (for my wife and I)..?

4 - My visa expires march, 25. Same day I go out of Thailand from Bangkok airport. My 90 days report is due march, 20. Still, I will do the report as advised here. I will come back here in a few weeks/months on a tourist visa. But as I am leaving, I will not be able to get the receipt they send... Hope it will be OK...

Thanks

I had a few questions. I have to do my 90 days report soon. As their internet website does not work I have to prepare to do by mail....

There's a pinned topic - 90-day procedures - near the top of the Chiangmai forum with all the info you need to properly mail in the paperwork.

Hello

1 - Should I photocopy ALL pages of passport? Or only photocopy, all stamps regarding my last entry, visa, extensions...?

2 - Is the last receipt of 90 days notification mandatory? I lost my wife's (farang too)....

3 - Can I send the 2 application together (for my wife and I)..?

4 - My visa expires march, 25. Same day I go out of Thailand from Bangkok airport. My 90 days report is due march, 20. Still, I will do the report as advised here. I will come back here in a few weeks/months on a tourist visa. But as I am leaving, I will not be able to get the receipt they send... Hope it will be OK...

Thanks

1. Front page, TM card, entry stamp in passport and last renewal extension

2. Yes - if you don't have them they won't process it by mail, you need to go in and talk to them.

3. Send them separate don't confuse them, but it's redundant as you need to go in and explain anyway.

4. You won't be waiting for a receipt because you're going in to explain about the loss of both previous 90 day receipts aren't you, so that should all be sorted then and anyway if you do it by mail and not here to receive the receipt, what does it matter your visa will be expired anyway.

This isnt right is it..

Just did a mail in.. Was NOT 15 days in advance but figured what the hell, try it anyway, I am lazy, sue me for leaving it late... And the reports come back with 90 days from the date of processing.. Thats not right is it ?? 90 days should be 90 days from the end of the previous 90, not the day its done.

This is especially important if they want them a min of 15 days before the date, your losing 15 of those 90 days each time. Its also a bit baffling as I cant picture this not being checked on mail ins which are going to come with very diverse due dates (the super prepared and the cutting it fine like me) where I would guess walk ins tend to usually leave it to the last few days.

This isnt right is it..

Just did a mail in.. Was NOT 15 days in advance but figured what the hell, try it anyway, I am lazy, sue me for leaving it late... And the reports come back with 90 days from the date of processing.. Thats not right is it ?? 90 days should be 90 days from the end of the previous 90, not the day its done.

This has been mentioned several times, enough so that I added it to the pinned topic. As I mentioned previously, walk ins have been this way as far as I can remember in that the day you walk in and get stamped the 90 days starts from that point and not from the date on the receipt. That is why I always went in within one or two days of expiry when it was a quick turn around. Mail-ins, same.

And please guys, let's not have another round complaining about this. It is what it is.

"n.b. The 90 days is from the date the report is processed and not from the expiration of the previous 90 day report receipt. Example, if you go in 5 days before expiration then you will be stamped for your next report 90 days from that date and not from the expiration date stamped on your previous receipt. This applies to walk in or mail in."

This isnt right is it..

This is especially important if they want them a min of 15 days before the date, your losing 15 of those 90 days each time. Its also a bit baffling as I cant picture this not being checked on mail ins which are going to come with very diverse due dates (the super prepared and the cutting it fine like me) where I would guess walk ins tend to usually leave it to the last few days.

If you read the whole thread you will see this has been well discussed. Personally i send my report in five days before due date and i receive my new slip back within five days. In this way i only lose about 2/3 days off my 90 and i am not prepared to lose more than that on each occasion.

We know what they are doing is not right but if you want to live an unstressed life here there are a lot of quirks you have to live with, unless you particularly enjoy smashing your own head against a brick wall !

This isnt right is it..

If you read the whole thread you will see this has been well discussed. Personally i send my report in five days before due date and i receive my new slip back within five days. In this way i only lose about 2/3 days off my 90 and i am not prepared to lose more than that on each occasion.

We know what they are doing is not right but if you want to live an unstressed life here there are a lot of quirks you have to live with, unless you particularly enjoy smashing your own head against a brick wall !

Ditto Trainman.Doing the same as you. Lose a day here or there..... big deal. Surely there are far more important issues in peoples lives, or maybe not.

The alternative of course, to get the 90 days exactly, is to go personally on the day or get an Agent/helper.

Not going to do anything or stress.. I just know for sure I got 90 days from the end on a walk in recently.. Do to travel I dont get 4 90 days each year.. couple at most..

It IS a lot more of a issue when they want the postal at 15 days minimum, but as long as they dont stick to that request, then sod it.. Only a few days.. To lose multiple weeks would be more annoying..

Lets just hope online systems start working soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Went in today 10:30 in the morning. Got number 630 they were processing number 584. I got out at 11:30. I guess there hasn't been that many doing the mail in thing or on line. Left there walked up to the Mall and saw a movie had a nice meal and a little grocery shopping.

I met a couple of interesting people there and enjoyed the conversation. That is one of the benefits of being retired you have time to meet other people and chat with them. They on the other hand are not retired and it defiantly was an inconvenience for them. Going to see how this on line works out. There is a thread running on it now. Going to sere if it turns into a thread full of positive results. then I can do it on line and have more time for Thai Visa.clap2.gifcheesy.gif

It was astoundingly busy this afternoon. Arrived at 4:10 and was given number 808 but since they were only processing 762 at the time I figured there was no way that I was going to be seen before closing so will have to have another go tomorrow. Four day week this week and shorter next means it's all being compressed.

Should have seen this coming and done it earlier sad.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mail in is still working well for me as online failed for me, this my third time. EMS stamped at 1:30PM at the post office on the 27th, immigration processed my TM47 and stamp on receipt 15:55 on the 28th and in my mail box at home this morning the 30th. So pretty consistent with 3 day turn around.

Archived