90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2015

Tywais

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the 90 days slip back by mail. An unbeatable 3-day turn-around! Mailed it Monday morning, received it at home Thursday noon.

Note: My 90-day report was due Nov 17 (Nov 24 including the grace period). I mailed it on Nov 9, just eight days before the normal due date. Registered mail both ways.

Just got the 90 days slip back by mail. An unbeatable 3-day turn-around! Mailed it Monday morning, received it at home Thursday noon.

Note: My 90-day report was due Nov 17 (Nov 24 including the grace period). I mailed it on Nov 9, just eight days before the normal due date. Registered mail both ways.

Way to go, 4 day turn around is the max for me in 7 reports. Still would like to see a sign at Imm advising people use mail or online would take a lot of people,and there are many, away from the place that dont know about this method or read Thai visa

Attending at Promenada to do your 90-day in person is a spin of the wheel.

Reporting online also appears to be fickle.

I have reported many times by mail and so have many friends, and as of yet every one has been successful; when they do registered tracking both ways. For the miserly additional cost I fail to understand those who send it registered but just stick a 3Baht stamp on the return.

Tracking there ensures that you can prove Immigration received it.

Tracking for the return ensures that you know whether they sent a confirmation.

Where else would that 30-ish Baht be better spent?

Attending at Promenada to do your 90-day in person is a spin of the wheel.

Reporting online also appears to be fickle.

I have reported many times by mail and so have many friends, and as of yet every one has been successful; when they do registered tracking both ways. For the miserly additional cost I fail to understand those who send it registered but just stick a 3Baht stamp on the return.

Tracking there ensures that you can prove Immigration received it.

Tracking for the return ensures that you know whether they sent a confirmation.

Where else would that 30-ish Baht be better spent?

I have done three 90 day reports since arriving in 2014 (have travelled and re entered a number of times also to negate the need to report)

1st time, not knowing any better, I attended immigration at CM airport, spent over three hours there to be processed which took 40 seconds.

Main problem was people approaching the desk when their number was called, with incomplete paperwork, they were allowed to fill in the forms, whilst others waited, wrong in my opinion......................

2nd time I posted using EMS both ways, had my slip back in 4 days, brilliant and a total cost of 74B.

Last week, I thought Id give online a go, submitted OK, had a reply back in two days "not approved" On expanding my application, no reason was given, just the word "rejected" I tried to phone a variety of contact numbers to obtain why the application was rejected and what my next step was?

Finally someone at CM immigration said "just come in"

Today I went in and was lucky, arrived just before 1pm and was out at 1.55pm.

In summary, I will use EMS again in the future, as online seems 50/50 at best and I want to avoid going to the office if possible.............

Interesting report -- the queue for 90 day reports was closed by lunchtime. Yes, I agree it was most rude of them not to post a sign to that effect before everyone split for lunch.

Incidentally, did you know there is a "grace period" of 7 days late without a fine for filing 90 day reports in person? No such grace period if filing the report by mail. Must mail the report well in advance of the due date, so they can process it before the due date.

3 months ago I visited immigration at 11. 45 for my 90 day report. Asked the stone faced girl at the outside table if there were any slots available, she said yes, looked at my passport said too long. I said no my 90 day finishes in 14 days. She said no, 21 days because it goes 7 days after the date, go away come back again in a few days and then brushed me off with a wave of her arm like an insect. Couldn`t even be bothered to look me in the eye.

It stinks

Last time my 90 day report was due I sent it in by registered post with normal post return. I waited and waited and heard nothing from Immigration. Finally I decided to go to the airport office to see what happened to the report I mailed in. The clerk shuffled through a pack of about 50 letters and found mine near the bottom. It was inside the stamped, addressed return envelope but hadn't made it to the post office. The clerk did my report but during the whole time he told me that next time I have to go to Promenada at least 5 times.

Not keen on going to Promenada I decided to use the mail again. I mailed the letter to the airport office on November 17 using EMS so I could track it and also used EMS for the return letter. I just received the return letter at 12 noon (Nov 20). I'm not sure if the difference was using EMS or not. In any case, I am really happy I avoided doing the 90 day report at Promenada as instructed.

New report in today from the wife of ThaiPauly, a forum stalwart:

90 day reporting ...my wife was there at 8am out by 10.30, speaking to others there (Thai women)they were being fined for even ONE day late, 2 girls got a 500 baht fine two got 1,000, seems like any grace period for being within 7 days is out the window, of course I could be wrong, what she told me could be lost in translation, but after 13 years I pretty much take as truth what she tells me.

Maybe they are just fining Thai's that report on a foreigner's behalf? What do I know? Good thing was , no mention of a TM 30 considering I have been abroad between reporting times!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861438-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-v2/?p=10112217

Anyone else with a similar experience -- no more 7 day grace period?

New report in today from the wife of ThaiPauly, a forum stalwart:

90 day reporting ...my wife was there at 8am out by 10.30, speaking to others there (Thai women)they were being fined for even ONE day late, 2 girls got a 500 baht fine two got 1,000, seems like any grace period for being within 7 days is out the window, of course I could be wrong, what she told me could be lost in translation, but after 13 years I pretty much take as truth what she tells me.

Maybe they are just fining Thai's that report on a foreigner's behalf? What do I know? Good thing was , no mention of a TM 30 considering I have been abroad between reporting times!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861438-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-v2/?p=10112217

Anyone else with a similar experience -- no more 7 day grace period?

My post in response to that post.

I was told the exact opposite.

3 months ago I visited immigration at 11. 45 for my 90 day report. Asked the girl at the outside table if there were any slots available, she said yes, looked at my passport said too long. I said no my 90 day finishes in 14 days. She said no, 21 days because it goes 7 days after the date, go away come back again in a few days.

May be in the situations you are referring to the 2 women were all ready passed the 7 day grace period and had to pay the over due fines or the officers are making the rules up as they go along.

• 3 weeks later...

Another successful mail in.
Registered going out, 6 baht stamped envelope coming back. CM Immigration received it 1 day later... it was numerous holidays 1st week of December... I was getting nervous I had not received it back in 5 days.
Day 6 Juristic lady sees me in parking lot, gives me envelope from Immigration. She points out that I did not put my name or room number on the envelope (what an idiot).

AND a red stamp warning alerting me the current extension expires during the next 90 period with the date of expiry.

SO,

Awards to CM Immigration for another successful 90 day mail in. Total days about 4.

Awards to Post Office for another successful delivery.

Awards to Juristic lady (she is excellent) for knowing that was my letter and alerting me to it's arrival.

Registered going out, 6 baht stamped envelope coming back. CM Immigration received it 1 day later... it was numerous holidays 1st week of December... I was getting nervous I had not received it back in 5 days.

Thanks for that update, I have to send mine today and the couple of reports of others not yet receiving theirs was making me nervous. smile.png

Have done 7 mail ins,not one took more than 4 WORKING DAYS to be returned. Post on a Monday, registered or EMS, however, you choice for its return,

and it wil be back by Thursday.If possible avoid weeks with a holiday if you can but for me the Thai Post is, in 15 years here, very efficient (others of course will disagree)

Will give on line a try next time,didnt work for me before and 5 mins in the PO is no big deal.

Paying an Agent 300 b or so to process a 90 day report to me is ludicrous as is people who need help filling out a simple form.

Day 6 Juristic lady sees me in parking lot, gives me envelope from Immigration. She points out that I did not put my name or room number on the envelope (what an idiot).

AND a red stamp warning alerting me the current extension expires during the next 90 period with the date of expiry.

SO,

Awards to CM Immigration for another successful 90 day mail in. Total days about 4.

Awards to Juristic lady (she is excellent) for knowing that was my letter and alerting me to it's arrival.

Just got mine back. Received on 4th, posted back on 9th.

SO,

I know I can throw brickbats at services in Thailand but I must give an award to our Juristic lady as she is excellent as well.

Helped an elderly friend do his 90-day report by mail. His current notice required reporting by December 12th, we mailed the report by EMS on November 28th, the new report date is February 28th (which indicates they apparently processed it on November 30th), the outside return envelope was postmarked December 5th (which I thought was strange given it was the King's birthday and, I thought, a government holiday), and it finally showed up at his home (Nakorn Ping Condo) on December 12th. Seemed a bit delayed (yea, I know, a few holidays in there) but happy to have completed the process by mail.

First off, sorry if this question is answered elsewhere.

Does the first 90 Day Report following a 12 month "Retirement" Visa extension have to be done in person rather than mail-in or on-line?

Thanks

No, you can mail in,just done it, or online if that works.

First off, sorry if this question is answered elsewhere.

Does the first 90 Day Report following a 12 month "Retirement" Visa extension have to be done in person rather than mail-in or on-line?

Thanks

No, you can mail in,just done it, or online if that works.

Quite correct and supposedly once they take your photo inside Immigration,when you do your extension, you are then back in their "system".

Same with the yellow book, the 13 digit number is also in the "system" if it existscoffee1.gif

Mailed mine Fri 11, tracking shows arrv Imm on Mon 14. Hope to see it Thu, Tracking on return. This is my 2nd time by post. Tried online in May and it never came out of pending so went in person.

As of Fri 18 no mail yet. Did it online today, got E-mail saying approved. Went to website and it still shows as

pending.

Took a couple more hours but cleared pending and printed Receipt.

Did the 90 days report by mail, send it by registered post dec 11. This afternoon the slip

came in by post.(on the back off the slip a copy ID from a Chinese man)

Thanks for that update. I sent mine on afternoon of December 14th by EMS and the receipt hasn't shown up yet. EMS tracking shows it arrived on the morning of the 15th and item signed and accepted by immigration. 5 times previously it was 4 days exactly so still a bit concerned about this late delivery.

Took exactly a week for mine to be delivered and returned,a bit slower than

last time,the slip had the passport page for an American lady on the back,

complete with photo and all details,just hope mine does not end up in the

hands of some ID thief, the on-line did not work for me, i think you have to

have entered the country after 2013 ?

regards worgeordie

Archived