Immigration On-Line Queue System 2015

Tywais

Fresh topic for 2015 on using the Immigration Online Queue System and updated for their new page. Previous topic for reference

Please note that the online queueing system is only for those doing extensions of stay such as work, marriage, business, education and retirement. Do NOT use it for 90 day reporting, re-entry permits, tourist visa extensions or similar matters that can be processed fairly quickly.

Chiang Mai immigration website
Officer handling queries - somyongk [at] hotmail.com
Alternates - Chiangmai2011 [at] gmail.com or tm [at] hotmail.com (these have not been tested by me)
Phone: 053-201755-6 Fax: 053-277510

Accessing the online queue system. Connect to immigration via the below link.

On Line Queue

After clicking on the image a new window will popup for the actual reservation information. This is to be used only for extensions to stay such as work, retirement, marriage, etc and not 90 day reporting, re-entry permits or similar items with short handling times. There are only 10 time slots per day so be sure to reserve with discretion. If you change your mind, please be sure to cancel the appointment to free the slot for others.

A Q&A from the comments section and answer from the immigration officer:

Quote: I have heard that a "queue number" for annual visa renewal, and 90 days renewal can be obtained via the 'internet' is this correct ?...
-------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Only visa renewal can get queue number

200x178xpost-566-0-36076200-1316496673_t

If you did not get a popup window with your queue information than you can either contact the above e-mail or use the comment section at the bottom of the main page of the immigration site: Example here.

post-566-0-07497600-1316496993_thumb.jpg

What the queue card looks like when completed:

200x196xpost-566-0-42781900-1316512724_t

Note: This topic is for important information to members. Off-topic or argumentative posts will be removed without notice.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys i have meeting on march for 60 days extension non o based on thai child

is that good extension or can only use online for 1 year ?

thanks

I'm not sure but, regardless, there are no available time slots through March (they are all filled according to their online calendar).

How can we cancel an appointment online?

For some reason, quite a while ago, they removed that option from the online queue page. It used to be right next to the [print] option. The only way I can see is to e-mail them the request.

For some reason, quite a while ago, they removed that option from the online queue page. It used to be right next to the [print] option. The only way I can see is to e-mail them the request.

It seems like all slots are booked for the next 100 days. I need to extend my OA visa in April but seems like the online system is not going to give me an appointment. What is the recommended thing to do in that case?

It seems like all slots are booked for the next 100 days. I need to extend my OA visa in April but seems like the online system is not going to give me an appointment. What is the recommended thing to do in that case?

Two choices (if you can't get an online appt before then):

a. Get up at 0430 and go stand in line at immigration.

b. Hire a visa agent to do it for you.

You have other choices if you want to leave the country and come back, start fresh, but that may not be practical.

(Edit: Is this your first extension?)

Your only option,as I did some time ago,is to sit at the computer at 12 midnight,printer turned on, and at 12.01 am the next available day lot of slots will pop up. By 12 .15 am they had all gone. I worked 130 days out from my renewal date with a retirement visa extension which is allowed.

Or join the folk at 6 am...You might be lucky and score a cancellation but that's a slim hope.

Two choices (if you can't get an online appt before then):

a. Get up at 0430 and go stand in line at immigration.

b. Hire a visa agent to do it for you.

You have other choices if you want to leave the country and come back, start fresh, but that may not be practical.

(Edit: Is this your first extension?)

Thanks for the advice. No, it will be my third extension. I was hoping to be able to schedule the appointment online this year in order to avoid exorbitant fees by a visa agent. Last two years I used an agent but since I was able to assemble all the paperwork myself it seemed as though all the agent was doing was soliciting cash in exchange for the privilege of jumping the queue at immigration. If I was a cynic I would think that it was pure corruption.

The best advice is to start watching the on-line queue 130 days in advance of your visa extension date at 12:01 am. Within a few days you should be able to score an appointment.

It helps to take a look at the calendar to be sure you're not waiting for a date to open that is on a weekend or holiday. No point staying up to midnight on those days. Just wait until a day when 100 days out is a business day for Immigration.

There were slots available for 17 th April this morning and still one when I just looked.

Thanks, you're right, and I was able to book one of those slots for the 17th. Only problem now is that my Non Imm OA visa expires on April 15. Any idea what would happen if I'm 2 days late to renew?

There were slots available for 17 th April this morning and still one when I just looked.

Thanks, you're right, and I was able to book one of those slots for the 17th. Only problem now is that my Non Imm OA visa expires on April 15. Any idea what would happen if I'm 2 days late to renew?

500 baht a day overstay fine. no big deal

So, johnmmc6, are you saying that angelslariat can extend his permission to stay after the current permssion to stay has expired?

No big deal except he no longer has permission to stay in the country and has to leave the country to start his "retirement" permission to stay all over again.

No big deal except he no longer has permission to stay in the country and has to leave the country to start his "retirement" permission to stay all over again.

I thought that was how it worked also.

I would say angelslariat should check with Immigration on that.

Yes, I was under the impression that once someone's permission to stay has expired -- it's expired. It can't be re-instated with a simple payment over the overstay fine at Immigration. At least not recently.

It would be good to learn if someone has been able to do this recently -- for a retirement extension.

I've asked the question and been told NO WAY. Get up early and get in line before the date of expiration.

I would suggest angelslariat ask that specific question regarding expired extension in the Visa forum where the gurus hang out to get a accurate answer. But I have my doubts that it will be allowed plus if caught during that period he could be deported. Not advisable at all to take the chance.

• 1 month later...

The queue is filled for more than 104 days now! ,I cannot book a slot . whats happening ?.............100 days was the limit last 2 times I got my

retire visa . Is it a mistake Mr Tywais , if not why on earth was there no notification . Old rules out the window? my visa 22 June expiry .

I looked and coulc not find it so please provide the email address. Thanks very much Tywais.

HOW DOES ONE EASILY CANCEL A CHIANG MAI IMMIGRATION APPOINTMENT MADE ONLINE?

I also am trying to cancel one of those scarce online-queue reservations at Chiang Mai Immigration, for 25 March 2015, made in December when the system opened 100 days prior for that date. I no longer need the appointment, as I am not staying past 90 days on this multi-entry, non-immigrant type B visa trip.

I, too, cannot find any way at the site to cancel the appointment. Given that it has all my details, including passport number, I don't want to become a no-show, and perhaps end up on some naughty list with future ramifications.

I sent an email to the email address shown at the online-queue site, asking -- in English -- how to cancel, but received no reply.

If anyone can explain to me how to cancel this appointment (without having to visit their office), I will let them know precisely when I will be finding and clicking the cancel button -- or doing its equivalent (perhaps by telephone call to Immigration?).

HOW DOES ONE EASILY CANCEL A CHIANG MAI IMMIGRATION APPOINTMENT MADE ONLINE?

I also am trying to cancel one of those scarce online-queue reservations at Chiang Mai Immigration, for 25 March 2015, made in December when the system opened 100 days prior for that date. I no longer need the appointment, as I am not staying past 90 days on this multi-entry, non-immigrant type B visa trip.

I, too, cannot find any way at the site to cancel the appointment. Given that it has all my details, including passport number, I don't want to become a no-show, and perhaps end up on some naughty list with future ramifications.

I sent an email to the email address shown at the online-queue site, asking -- in English -- how to cancel, but received no reply.

If anyone can explain to me how to cancel this appointment (without having to visit their office), I will let them know precisely when I will be finding and clicking the cancel button -- or doing its equivalent (perhaps by telephone call to Immigration?).

Thai government agencies don't do emails very well.

Phone or go.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I set the alarm and got up at 11:45 to book online appointments. She was on our PC. I was on our laptop. We had the immigration website ready. We also had a webpage like http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock telling us the exact time. At exactly midnight all slots were free 100 days out. We signed up for 2 slots and headed back to bed. By the time I had printed the verification; three more slots were taken, leaving 5 open.

It is easy to cancel online, but you need the number that comes with the appointment. If you don’t write it down or print it you won’t be able to cancel. Go to the sign up page and navigate to the day you signed up for. Click “print” next to the time you signed up for. Enter your reservation number. Then you will be able to cancel.

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/queue-online.html

It is easy to cancel online, but you need the number that comes with the appointment. If you don’t write it down or print it you won’t be able to cancel. Go to the sign up page and navigate to the day you signed up for. Click “print” next to the time you signed up for. Enter your reservation number. Then you will be able to cancel.

Very helpful information as that question keeps popping up. They used to have a separate <cancel> button next to the <print> button making it obvious. Now appears they integrated it. Perhaps I should add that info in the OP. Thanks for that.

Then you will be able to cancel, how? I followed those steps and did not see a way to cancel so please provide further details for this dummy. Thank you.

As a prior poster on 2015-02-19 at 13:39 on the subject of trying to figure out how cancel a Chiang Mai Immigration appointment, I appreciated Tywais' advice, but experienced Dante99's inability to do so.

As Tywais suggested, at the site's page for my appointment date, I clicked minutes ago on my appointed hour's "print" command and entered my Queue Code in the field of that name, Then clicked the Queue Code command button. Regardless whether the "Captcha" security code was entered or not, the server simply gave me an image of my "Queue online Card" which I had already printed the day I made the reservation.

No obvious button or command to cancel it and let someone else use in on 2015-03-25.

Once someone on ThaiVisa provides me the missing steps that work to effect a cancellation (privately, or openly on this thread), I will post to him or her, or to all, that the slot should now be available -- first come, first served.

Once someone on ThaiVisa provides me the missing steps that work to effect a cancellation (privately, or openly on this thread), I will post to him or her, or to all, that the slot should now be available -- first come, first served.

I would like to see more verifications of how to cancel the appointment successfully, with screen shots if possible, as I think it is an important option to have what with the limited number of queue numbers allocated. Will hold off on updating the OP in the meantime.

I have an appointment at the end of April and, just to see if I could locate a cancel method, I went in to look at my reservation with both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I saw no method to cancel.

I do remember when I got the reservation (more than a month ago), I did see a "cancel" button somewhere in the process; however, it's not there now (which makes me believe that there is no method to cancel once you've done the deed). I wish Immigration would fix that so all the time slots could be used.

If/when they get the online 90-day reporting working, it'd be great if they made the 90-day reporting mandatory by either mail or via the online reporting....and then assign the 90-day dude to the appointment system (which ought to double up the number of daily appointments).

Archived