Sprayer attached to Toilet: For spraying butthole?

Smithwick

A genuine newcomer to Thailand, welcome and enjoy the delights of Thailand's most famous invention.

I really need to question that it is "Thailand's most famous invention". My first encounter with a bidet sprayer was in a hotel in Ivrea, north-western Italy in 1973. I had been in Thailand for ten months about 4 years prior and had seen no evidence of such a device. The state of the art then was a cistern beside the squatter. with a ladle in it for splashing the water onto your nether regions -this had not changed when I was again in Thailand in 1975.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love bum guns, cleans well, I had Hemorrhoid issues before moving to Thailand decades ago, was 15 years with out a Hemorrhoid, or bleeding butt, until I went back to Australia last week, already major issues from paper, son has same problem.

LOVE THE BUM GUN

Keep the pressure down to avoid enemas?! That's the best part! = advanced sprayer use 101. One of the best things about Thailand is the Hand Bidet Sprayer. If you go back overseas and want one (and no skid marks) you can get it here: www.bathroomsprayers.com.

1380934482.gif

Just kindly mention to the lady in charge of the restrooms that you have no intention to use the bum gun.

She will only charge you one baht and fifty satang instead of the usual three baht rip off...

"3 baht rip off". You must be really hard up

Atleast you can get toilet paper if you want/need here. When I was younger I visited eastern Europe and in Poland the toilet paper there where like the semi - high gloss paper we usually see on printed commercials or leaflets... The shit didn't even stick to the paper!

Due to reputed cleaner and more thorough evacuation of the bowels, use of the squat toilet coupled with the hose sprayer may give more thorough cleaning with less residual clinging waste.

What troubles me is where my lowered pants can go without getting in the way of the whole process. Also, floors are often really wet, further complicating the process with no pants wall hooks, too.sad.png

Ah, the plight of the under-informed (which I once was). You simply remove everything, roll the mess into a bundle, and place it in the nifty cavern created by your lap as you squat. Once mastered, the benefits of the squat toilet far outweigh the drawbacks of the european "throne of anatomical misfortune." Cheers.

I thought the sprayer was for cleaning the toilet but now i found that Thais have a little secret that they don't tell you

Something tells me it's not only Thais who are keeping secrets from you. I hope you were sitting down when you read the threads about Santa not being real.

Firstly, you can adjust the pressure by how hard you squeeze the trigger.

I spray the wiping hand/fingers instead of directly up the hole..

The hardest spray is good for cleaning shit which sticks to the sides of the bowl without needing the brush.

The plumbing in Thailand uses small size pipes which will block easily so avoid putting paper down the loo.

Paper is Ok for drying the wet bum.... but what do you think they put the tails on shirts for?

In underdeveloped Countries without bum guns... I shit ... I flush ... I dip my hand into the clean wtaer in the bowl and clean up... voila!

Makes one less lazy about washing hands afterwards....

Why do you think few Thais bite their nails..?

Story... I stopped wearing underwear 20 years ago. I used to enjoy riding a M/c on long trips and the undies got scrunched up and uncomfortable in the jeans/leather pants after a long hot sweaty trip. I read in a m/c magazine that a guy stopped wearing and tried it....great! ... Hang Free!!!

Story ... I read a book about the Samurai times. Assasins were common. They probably handn't invented the U-bend then. So the thunderbox or a hole in the floor was probably the system used.... with trays to catch the fertilizer for the crops. Assasins had been known to hide under the loo and stick it up 'em whilst the man was in a delicate position. A warlord used to keep himself alert for attack at all times, and so he never left his pants around his ankles but always removed one leg. I do this also and it enables one to open ones legs wide and relax..... and I use the bottom of the pant leg to dry my bum with before putting them on as normal. In this climate after only a few minutes it is dry... much better than a damp bum area of the pants.

Now I know why Thai think old foreigners, especially Brits, stink and avoid touching them.

welcome to Thailand, I want to try a concept

water with soap is awesome. It should be in your bathroom anyway,

but it's also easy to carry soap around, at least for those of us with a purse.

the "man-bag" would probably work just as well. coffee1.gif

Post back if you figure out how to make it work without drenched pants or real smelly fingers.

I've concluded that (in spite of hundreds of posts to the contrary), bum guns are a simple acknowledgement that toilet paper costs money and water doesn't.

"Post back if you figure out how to make it work without drenched pants or real smelly fingers."

Two suggestions:

(1) before sitting down on the throne, drop the trousers and pants, it'll definitely cut down on your laundry bills;

(2) re: the finger problem ...using the sprayer attached to a toilet is not quite the same thing as going for a colonic cleansing or prostatic massage in Pattaya ... possibly you're being overly enthusiastic in its use.

Edited by Suradit69

They have started selling them in US hardware stores. The politically correct term is hand-held bidet. So, stop calling them bum guns.

Actually, it is a US invention and has been around for at least 50 years... Every sink, in every kitchen, in every house in the US has had one of these for decades... The Thais adapted it for a more practical use...

Not all true, especially every sink? it is a option... if the poster does not know what to do with it I hope he doesn't think climbing up on the kitchen sink is going to be a proper way of cleaning himself?

Post back if you figure out how to make it work without drenched pants or real smelly fingers.

I've concluded that (in spite of hundreds of posts to the contrary), bum guns are a simple acknowledgement that toilet paper costs money and water doesn't.

You guys are great. The first few posts gave me quite a laugh.

First, maybe now u know why the ladies always carry bath tissue with them. I do also to dry off if I'm away from home. If you aim right and test the pressure first you should be ok.

At home I strip for max comfort. Afterwards use soap to desired areas and then towel off.

Actually I find it preferable to back home for cleanliness. Although you do have to clean a bit sometimes where little specks have lodged due to water pressure... Happy trails, errr, carry on...

Keep the pressure down to avoid involuntary enemas, and yes, it's far, far cleaner than smearing the carp all around with paper.

Yes much better than North American smear it with paper...if your hands get dirty do you wipe with a towel?...no use water and soap..seeing as no grease water will work....the use of toilet paper is crude...back home I have a sprayer...visitors do not know...the ones that know KNOW..now you KNOW..the number one use for cleaning Number two's...

Edited by metisdead
Oversize bold font reset to normal. Please stop using oversize font when posting.

Lol, somebody hasn't visited Asia a whole lot or took notice of advanced Japanese toilets (those made it to western media ranging from newsmedia to -I think- the Simpsons.

They are hardly a Thai evention though, you find them elsewhere in Asia too and apparantly in other places. Perhaps the OP now knows what the large 50-100L waterbuckets/containers are for. You may find them in older buildings or in buses. Though those look a lot more like low cost bidets which you may know from southern Europe.

The bum guns are great, now the old fashioned waterbuckets are a bit more messy though. Especially if there is no soap around, which is where the "use your right hand to eat, the left hand to whipe your arse" rule comes from.

I was in a mall once, I could not see any bum gun. No bucket of water either. Only toilet paper. It smeller a bit funny though as there was a huge pile of used toilet paper stacked rising half a meter over the top of the bin. As there was no warning not to flush toilet paper down the drain I didn't stack mine ontop but flushed it, figuring that this modern building had proper drains.

In a hotel I stayed last time there was a note in English "Please not flush towels or waste!". 555

(They must have meant sanatary towels or possibly toilet paper, no waste down the toilet is going to be more of a challenge though!).

Edit: I think bum guns are great, we installed them back on Europe too. Only less great when it is freezing...

Edited by Donutz

Crap!

I adore the bum gun.

I have updated every bathroom of every apartment I use.

A modicum of ingenuity and some talent for bricolage is all you require.

I removed a rarely-used soda gun along with its tanks (both branch water and CO2) from my rec room bar.

Careful to avoid detection by everwatchful and protective contraband sleuths at either end of my journey, piece by piece I smuggled the entire system into my Bangkok condo and replaced the conventional bum gun with a decidedly superior innovation.

I converted the CO2/Branch tanks to hold room-temperature soda/Kanchana Branch-water under pressure.

The combination effervescent soda and the MWA Bangkok City pressure.

The delightful result was an intense spray that could peel the bark off a eucalyptus.

With a little skill and judicious use of the Soda gun, one can adapt oneself to the decidedly "greener" pinch-and-shoot technique which eliminates the need for paper.

Hope this helps.

Wishing to leave nothing to chance here, while in New York one February, about a decade ago I had Richard Avedon take my TV avatar shot while I was using a "hand held bidet" hooked up to City pressure.

Straight from the Catskills at +6 degrees C and 28 lbs. per sq. ft. New York City bum guns could strip the bark off a swamp cedar.

Peace and Love to all

Donnie

These are actually teeth cleaners, like having a "Waterpik" attached to the wall so that you can take care of your dental hygiene while taking care of your other business. A great time saver.

Actually, most of the world's population uses squat toilets and water to clean up afterwards. Throughout Asia and Arab Countries that is the norm. I thought that they were also used in some European Countries as well, but I have never seen them in Europe.

Atleast you can get toilet paper if you want/need here. When I was younger I visited eastern Europe and in Poland the toilet paper there where like the semi - high gloss paper we usually see on printed commercials or leaflets... The shit didn't even stick to the paper!

That is so it is easy to rinse off and re use.

These are actually teeth cleaners, like having a "Waterpik" attached to the wall so that you can take care of your dental hygiene while taking care of your other business. A great time saver.

Actually, most of the world's population uses squat toilets and water to clean up afterwards. Throughout Asia and Arab Countries that is the norm. I thought that they were also used in some European Countries as well, but I have never seen them in Europe.[/

Major South American cities have used them for years.

They can be a great help in avoiding the dreaded "ring of fire".

Back in the Old Country a few years ago, during a brief visit, a young-ish Uruguayan lady announced to me (as she sauntered out of the ensuite)"

"Bravo, Señor Donnie. I see thee cibilizacion has pfinally come to your jurisdicion. Weethout thees inobacion I have no idea what the local girls may habv been doing all these years in your country to freshen up. You will find provabvly you are now catching fewer colds."

Bravo Gabriela