Thaksin, family in Beijing for 2015 countdown

Lite Beer

Thaksin, family in Beijing for 2015 countdown
The Nation

BEIJING: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his family took part in a New Year countdown party in Beijing on Wednesday night, Chinese online medium Ifeng News reported.

Thaksin and his daughters were reportedly in the Chinese capital to usher in 2015, and when asked by the media why he had chosen Beijing, he said he wanted to be with his family for this special occasion.

He also told media that he would not create any political issues and that he would refrain from his usual practice of calling members of the Pheu Thai Party as part of their New Year's Day gathering.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thaksin-family-in-Beijing-for-2015-countdown-30251091.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-02

Well the junta knows where he is so if they are serious about arresting people for les majeste then they should be able to intercept him. Given Prayuths popularity in China they should not have a problem helping to arrest him. However, we all know this won't happen or even attempted

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who the <deleted> cares what he does , where he is .Not me tired of Thai media going on about thaksin.

The man is a criminal.

Why does the media persist with ' what is Thaksin doing ' campaign

everybody is sick & tired of it ... he's gone , finished ... forget him ..

Only news next time should be a picture of him in the Bangkok Hilton ........coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif>

Well, the Nation is certainly NOT a pro-Thaksin newspaper.
And yes, why are they reporting this story ? Is it because the Nation feels that lots of its readers want to know about this news ? Or is it because the Nation wants to antagonise its own readers by constantly bringing up news about Thaksin ??

• Like 1

Well the junta knows where he is so if they are serious about arresting people for les majeste then they should be able to intercept him. Given Prayuths popularity in China they should not have a problem helping to arrest him. However, we all know this won't happen or even attempted

And why is it that this won't happen or even be attempted ? Is it because Thailand's internal issues are not something that China is interested in, and China certainly does NOT want to interfere or get involved. Or maybe China wants to use the issue of Thaksin as a bargaining chip with Thailand ? As in, China might be saying 'we will give you Thaksin, as long as you let China take-over Thailand'.

China just wants Thailand to sort out and deal with Thailand's own issues. It's the USA and Europe who are trying to get involved in Thailand's internal issues.

sorry, but he was in HONG KONG for new year

how do I know ? my &lt;deleted&gt; fake brother in law (boyfriend of my wife's sister) went to meet him as he is / was one of the puppets connected to yingluck & thaksin

if you think corruption ended with the general taking over ? he is still selling connections between businesses who want governement contracts and reaps in big corruption money

it is business as usual

The only news I want to read about this clown is if he was in Shanghai for the countdown and he was one of the casualties. Apart from that who gives a rat's behind what this goofball does.

The majority of the Thai people who voted for him do.

If the majority of the Thai people who voted for him (in 2001, 2005, or 2006) care then there are still the rest of Thai people who voted for him who do not care.

Of course the majority of the Thai people couldn't care less by now, allegedly.

Edited by rubl

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The only news I want to read about this clown is if he was in Shanghai for the countdown and he was one of the casualties. Apart from that who gives a rat's behind what this goofball does.

I rather see the whole family go back to their root, China

Only news next time should be a picture of him in the Bangkok Hilton ........coffee1.gif

Like it or not, It is only some of the people here on TV who are tired of the news about him. I would not be surprised that if he could return and run for PM he would win again. So there are probably a lot of people in Thailand who are interested in what he does.

Only news next time should be a picture of him in the Bangkok Hilton ........coffee1.gif

Like it or not, It is only some of the people here on TV who are tired of the news about him. I would not be surprised that if he could return and run for PM he would win again. So there are probably a lot of people in Thailand who are interested in what he does.

cheesy.gif He can return whenever he wants and go strait to jail.

• Like 1

He might have a more promising future if he stays in China. In Thailand he is already 'yesterday's man' and must be getting fed-up with life in the desert.

Another few years and people could well be asking "Thaksin who"??? That's what he's most scared of, hence the constant stream of PR.

Edited by Camelot

The majority of the Thai people who voted for him do.

Only if they get paid to care since most who voted for him were paid for their vote.

Democrats spent more money on vote buying at last election...A radio interview script is posted on this forum several times that as this admission

Why don't all the media, the Shins don't own or control, make the decision together to totally ignore him and what the Shins do abroad, except any new crimininal activity or a welcome obituary!?

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1