Numbers of tourists from Russia falling by the minute

Lite Beer

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.
Funnest shit I've ever read !! Lol Edited by GeckosDiving
  • Like 2

Please keep the Russian bashing to an absolute minimum. We have Russian members on this forum, members like StasD and he's a really good bloke.

That is a tall order.......The Russians have not made a good name for themselves

here. As ye reap , so shall ye sow. Chinese tourists are busy creating a bad name

for themselves to the embarrassment of the their government. So the government

is putting some pressure on them to straighten up and fly right. I do not believe

the Russian government is doing the same .......

Okay, but we can rise above all that here.

Somtamnication post # 35

Well, the price of vodka will come down and we can all sing this song: w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInIXuJTMTAZ w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInIXuJTMTAZ

Blimey, I thought the late dear old Max Bygraves had returned from the dead and was ''Educating Archie.''

Edited by siampolee

Tough, they only have themselves to blame - well Putin and his idiotic invasion of Ukraine

Putin didnt invade Ukraine. What do watch? Fox News the BBC perhaps. The US and EU where behind a coup that overthrew a democraticly elected government (not the first time). And then lie as if Russia was the bad guy. Its the reverse. Crimea is 90% Ethnic Russian and voted to remain part of Russia. I hope Russia stand up to these bullies and that there economy turns round.

<<<< Off topic deflection comments removed >>>>

Most of the Russians I have met here just want to get away from the crap going on back home and live a peaceful life. They've added a lot to the expat community in a positive way. Then again, I don't live in Pattaya.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

At first I thought this story was about Russians and Pattaya Balconies.rolleyes.gif

Russian tourists in Pattaya will continue to fall, that's half the fun.

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/

61259/russian-women-falls-5th-floor-condo-balcony-south-pattaya/

Apparently they will be falling a lot more this year, police should close any pavements in front of hotels they frequent. Or do they utter some warning seconds earlier, like golfers shouting "fore!"?

It wouldn't be "fore!"... it would more likely be "Banzai!"... oops! no, that's the Japanese.

Please keep the Russian bashing to an absolute minimum. We have Russian members on this forum, members like StasD and he's a really good bloke.

That is a tall order.......The Russians have not made a good name for themselves

here. As ye reap , so shall ye sow. Chinese tourists are busy creating a bad name

is putting some pressure on them to straighten up and fly right. I do not believe

But hopefully not so far above it that the mist obscures the view.

Agree about the lager louts but it won,t break my heart to see most of the Russians gone. Ask any Thai about their opinions of the Russians and some other types of foreigners and you will get an ear full. Yea they might love your money but not your overall personality and i would have to agree with them. Negative perhaps but it is the truth. Maybe one of the reasons for foreigners getting taken advantage of. Show disrespect towards the Thais and they will find a way to get even. Respect them, respect their customs, respect their laws, respect THEIR country and guess what no problems.

this is crap, Russians are representing an important % of the tourism so they are more in the picture. Don't tell us they are more rude than other nationalities, this is so untrue, sometimes when I hear Americans talking/complaining I feel very sorry for the Thai people. I often see this with other nationalities as well, Chinese are in my opinion worse but again we have to put things in the right perspective.

Americans tied with Thailand in 11th place, so together should be a perfect match.

The Russians did beat the French , although I am not sure that is much of a feat..

Where are you on the list ?? Well at least you are right about one thing, the Chinese

are indeed the worst tourists.

http://www.budgettravel.com/blog/survey-hoteliers-pick-the-worlds-best-tourists,9893/

The World's Best Tourists, Ranking From Best to Worst, 2008

1. Japanese

2. German/British (tie) (The Germans were considered the tidiest of all nationalities.)

3. Canadian (The most popular tourists in their own country were the Canadians as well.)

4. Swiss

5. Dutch

6. Australian/Swedish (tie)

7. Belgian

8. Norwegian

9. Austrian/Danish/Finnish (tie)

10. New Zealanders (Kiwi)

11. U.S. American/Thai (tie)

12. Irish/Czech/South African/Portugese (tie)

13. Brazilian

14. Italian/Greek/Polish (tie)

15. Turkish

16. Spanish

17. Mexican

18. Russian

19. French ...The French didn't do too well, coming in, as you can see at 19th. They were seen as the most “fiscally conservative,” presumably when it comes to such matters as tipping.

20. Indian

21. Chinese

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

But hopefully not so far above it that the mist obscures the view.

On this matter, I've found that the most obnoxious tourists, if categorised by nationality, have always been those with the most disposable income at the time.

Back when the UK had lots of credit flowing, the British yobs invaded LOS and it was ghastly. Then the credit stopped and they were poor and they were humbled and more importantly . . . they were no longer in LOS. Then it was the turn of the Chinese, then the Russians . . .

That's if we are going to make sweeping generalisations that is.

Our member StasD is Russian and he's great, a top chap. So there!

• Like 2

foreigners love following others like sheep. why learn to speak Thai besides all they ever eat is Pad Thai , and crappy over priced foreigner food. Any foreigner with ab rain learns to speak Thai. guess what far fewer problems. too busy drinking booze i guess.

Hmm nothing against the Russians as can't judge the calibre of "quality tourists" of any nationality- always good & bad eggs. However, I do feel a bit "som nam naa" towards TAT/Pattaya bars/restaurants/night scene for going way over the top to welcome Russian tourists at the expense of shunning other nationalities.

I recently stayed at a place between Pattaya & Jomtien & the whole area was totally geared at Russians. Menus in Thai&Russian only, many bars just with Russian signs - if we'd entered it would have been like going into a quiet country pub in England where the music stops & everyone stares then someone asks "are youuu locaall?". Whatever happened to encouraging a melting pot of all nationalities & mingling?! Baffles me how people go abroad & do everything they can do "stick to their own" - no desire to interact with locals or learn the lingo. Same with the Brits that flock to the English villages in Spain. Bizarre comfort zone stuff.

agree but i think the Euros have got every one beat on total lack of fashion sense. dumpster divers

I will miss the 80s style big perms coupled with animal skin lamé pants. Farewell to the trend setters.

It's pretty amazing to see the funky clothes they wear in deep parts of the country, Siberia, and other places. It's like Austin Powers meets Tom Jones. I still don't know where they get this stuff. smile.png

I will miss the 80s style big perms coupled with animal skin lamé pants. Farewell to the trend setters.

Plenty of 80s style 'big hair' already being sported by hi-so elements in Thailand, especially khunyings. Certainly enough to stave off nostalgia.

If Russian numbers take a dive, China will surely make up the shortfall.

Plenty of 80s style 'big hair' already being sported by hi-so elements in Thailand, especially khunyings. Certainly enough to stave off nostalgia.

If Russian numbers take a dive, China will surely make up the shortfall.

I've always found the Chinese to be rather elegant in their dress sense . . .

fe95c38b4b25cd15c316c62cbd8862b5.jpgsun9.jpg

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

Hitler's same rationale for invading Poland. First, send in the settlers. Then have them whine how the host country won't convert to invaders' culture, and beg the Fatherland to rescue them.

Most of the Russians I have met here just want to get away from the crap going on back home and live a peaceful life. They've added a lot to the expat community in a positive way. Then again, I don't live in Pattaya.

Yeah! They added a lot sure! Fleeing criminals. Mafia, scammers! Although the latter us coming from all over the Russkies that move here are not exactly exemplary.

• Like 1

But TAT insisted that the tourist arrivals are still up? What happened? (scratching my balls from all these confusions)

As far as I know the biggest Russian touroperators began cancelling/merging charter programs from Russian cities in December - for tours starting February, January 2015 only mostly - and in 2014 there were still more charter programs accomplished compared to the previous 2013.

I think if the oil prices will be low like at now -the economical crisis will hold on for a long time in Russia, maybe for several years. It seems natural that destinations with long-haul/more expensive flights (Thailand, Vietnam) would suffer more than Turkey, Egypt but now touroperators have also begun cancelling charter flight programs to Egypt as well.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif 90% Ehtnic Russian because stalin screwed so many of them.

And most of the world was screwed by Imperialist Britain so no need to hang on to the Falklands, Gibralter then hey. The US covert imperliasm (maybe not so covert with 170 military bases worldwide) will end oneday as all empires have in the past. Russia as with Thailand have recently agreed monetary swaps with China. Russia is no fool. There economy will bounce back. And as for the racsist rants on Russian tourists here in Thailand im a Brit and wouldnt been seen dead with the beer idiots from my own country here. It doesnt mean all Brits are like that though.

There are Russians and then there are Moscovites making a large percentage of this horrible hoard that flocks around the world making a bad name for themselves. PUTIN is one such example ruling with FEAR and intimidation. I KNOW because I was in my friends apartment when the thugs came to ASK why he did not vote for Putin?

So yes, Russians are bad on a ot more fronts than westerners you say IMPERIALIST BRITAIN conquered but at least standards were higher when they left.

I lived in St Petersburg for a few months ... do they say they are RUSSIAN - NO WAY because they do not want to be affiliated with rude obnoxious peasants that so many of this ilk tryu to be whn they travel.

I feel with time things will change and possibly for the better but first they must STOP living like they own the world and the rest of the world is against them.

The world embraces a family not a family of thugs.

• Like 2

I play golf a lot. Never met a Russian on a golf course.

I go downtown Pattaya sometimes. Never met a Russian in any of the bars I frequent.

Never met any Russians in the Mapbrachan area where I live.

So really the downturn isn't going to be appreciated by yours truly.

Except::: in the airport where whole families would hold up several lines while expecting the immigration officer to fill in their cards

most of them are families

shame really much more pleasant than the tattooed lager louts

and some good eye candy

Thought the tattoed lager louts were from the UK?

IMO the numbers are all crap anyways, ready earlier this week Russia arrivals down between 50-70%

They change depending on who is spouting the most recent BS