Interior Minister thanks officials for keeping roads safe during holidays

Lite Beer

Well seeing that the am of the department is not to reduce the number of fatalities, this year they've been true to their word. Already it's shaping up to be a bad New Year period, with significantly more road deaths than last year. I would say well done and give them a pat on their backs, if it wasn't so tragic and utterly despicable, that year after year nothing ever changes, and I'm not just talking about the holidays, but in general.

I can imagine if someone waved a magic wand and suddenly there were no more accidents on the road there would still be 3 pages of TV posters up in arms complaining how someone nearly fell off their pushbike.

General Anupong added that the government did not aim to lower the number of road fatalities, but rather to save as many lives on the road as possible.

This statement has got to be 'lost in translation'. No one could ever reach a position of authority speaking such gibberish; not even in Thailand. I don't believe that is what he said/meant. This article must be written by some junior reporter whose English could use some polish.

What had General Interiror Minister Anupong been drinking to make such an anouncement? Or does it come straight from the 'Ministry of Good News'? Whatever Thainess here, Thainess there, this is most disgusting hypocrisy: more than 200 people died already, still counting, but that self-inflated buffoon: 'thanks officials for keeping roads safe during holidays'! What? Beg you pardon?

Monday I go ask for an import license to bring in a container full of guillotines! When general Prayuth is a tiny bit serious about his plans, this should be the next successfull 24/7 business in Thailand, so many thousands of worthless, useless, empty, rotten heads to chop off, a huge job...

And let's start with Generals only, to draw the crowds during the first month!

General Anupong added that the government did not aim to lower the number of road fatalities, but rather to save as many lives on the road as possible.

This statement has got to be 'lost in translation'. No one could ever reach a position of authority speaking such gibberish; not even in Thailand. I don't believe that is what he said/meant. This article must be written by some junior reporter whose English could use some polish.

For once you have ONE letting roll out of his mouth simply and only what comes out from between his ears (can't call that brains or mind, sorry), you complain, try to find excuses, mistakes... No, his name is Anupong, he's a proud Thai man, he's even a General, and a Minister on top of it, what else should you be looking for? Intelligence? LOL

For once you have ONE letting roll out of his mouth simply and only what comes out from between his ears (can't call that brains or mind, sorry), you complain, try to find excuses, mistakes... No, his name is Anupong, he's a proud Thai man, he's even a General, and a Minister on top of it, what else should you be looking for? Intelligence? LOL

I had no idea the military was/is as incompetent at making sensible statements as politicians. Yes, unfortunately, I do look for above average intelligence in general officers. Stupid me.

I doubt its what he meant, but they really need better PR people or script writers.

I doubt army generals think to much themselves (not just Thailand) and more read the script than anything else.

I had no idea the military was/is as incompetent at making sensible statements as politicians. Yes, unfortunately, I do look for above average intelligence in general officers. Stupid me.

It's not only you, sometimes I still forget where I am too...

I can imagine if someone waved a magic wand and suddenly there were no more accidents on the road there would still be 3 pages of TV posters up in arms complaining how someone nearly fell off their pushbike.

Wow. You compiled several whinges into one statement that was off-topic, self serving and puerile.

Congratulations.

Thanks that headline just made me laugh.. Comedy gold.

Anyone know what this statement means "General Anupong added that the government did not aim to lower the number of road fatalities, but rather to save as many lives on the road as possible."

My head hurts thinking about it.

the answer is one of the secrets of the universe

"General Anupong added that the government did not aim to lower the number of road fatalities, but rather to save as many lives on the road as possible."

The Interior Minister seems to be another who's sat the IQ test, failed, and then got the job.

Perhaps, it's lost in translation.

looks like he is in line for a BLUE PETER BADGE AWARDcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

bbc.are also looking for a replacement for their new show JIM WILL FIX IT.

"" Well done guys !, really outstanding work from you all, and you are all to be congratulated for only having 190 " recorded deaths " in the first 3 days of the season of death.

With another 4 days to go, we should be on track for another period of total carnage on our roads.""

Another diamond studded comment from a Thai Minister

"" Well done guys !, really outstanding work from you all, and you are all to be congratulated for only having 190 " recorded deaths " in the first 3 days of the season of death.

With another 4 days to go, we should be on track for another period of total carnage on our roads.""

Another diamond studded comment from a Thai Minister

It would make sense if he could lie and tell us that the population of Thailand had doubled in the last year, and that because of unregulated immigration, there were now 3 times as many Burmese on the road causing accidents.......

"did not aim to lower the number of road fatalities, but rather to save as many lives on the road as possible." Am I missing something here? Not going to stop being killed but will save as many lives as possible?

Can someone explain this to me

Nope............coffee1.gif

First, he ( the General) never wanted to have kids. But all in a sudden they had ten and still try to increase the size of the family.

Isn't that what he said? coffee1.gif

P.S. I read it again and believe that he thinks that we think what everybody else in Thailand thinks. Nothing.

Edited by lostinisaan

Looks like the interior minister is good at sarcasm.

190 killed, 1,782 injured in 1,737 road accidents in first three days of seven-day road accident monitoring period for New Year holidays /MCOT

I am just a simple Farang with about a million miles driven, under my belt. Please explain how officials have made roads safer and how they have reduced the deaths and injuries this holidaay period. Point to some specific, measurable initiatives and some hard statistics which show reduced numbers of fatalities and injuries. I think it is a challenge that will go unanswered because the facts do not support the ridiculous claims. I am tired of reading these face saving lies.