Where to buy cheapest onward travel ticket online. Any ideas?

I been living in Thailand for awhile so have never needed any proof of onward travel but my visa status is about to change to tourist and I would like to visit cambodia and vietnam.

Although I will have a 2 month tourist visa in my passport I am sure any airlines are going to ask to see proof of onward travel when travelling back to thailand after my little trip.

Can anyone recommend the cheapest way to buy a ticket online. I have no intention of using it as I am not sure yet when I plan on leaving Thailand.

Theoretically if I had a ticket for some short of short van or boat ride accross a border would that suffice?

If it needs to be via air what would be the absolute shortest cheapest route?

I have seen 500+ baht for a bus from khaosan to cambodia. Sufficient?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Go to Air Asia, Cebu Pacific or Air Asia Vietnam and buy the cheapest ticket for as far out as they will let you book, I had to do the same a few years back for the Philippines. I was able to book from PI to Malaysia for about $50US and changed it once for about $25. But those are prices from Philippines so don't quote me if they are higher here.

No outward ticket is needed when entering Thailand with a visa of any type.

Agreed, never been asked for one, also coming to Thailand from the UK I usually do it on a single and again never asked to show a return, I hear people saying you do but never have personally.

No outward ticket is needed when entering Thailand with a visa of any type.

Certainly the Thai Embassy in London don't ask for one, I looked yesterday after ubonjoe told me.

I don't understand this requirement for an onward ticket anyway, is it fact or fantasy that people make up?

If I come here as a tourist and have a non refundable ticket for say Bangkok to Penang, then what if during my travels I prefer to just leave the country via say Tachikek to Burma, or Chiang Mai to Seoul?

Defeats the whole purpose of being a tourist.

Sounds ridiculous to me, no wonder the Thai Embassy in London don't require it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...