Automatic watering of flowers

I've read through most of this, in my opinion especially with drip or small tube, automatic watering, on should install a filtration system, to prevent clogging of the nozzles, ... even the larger sprinklers get plugged too!

As for battery operated, On/ off devices, the batteries should last a season... just make sure to get good quality batteries and perhaps renew before going away, if they have been used for a while.

Best time of watering, especially if overhead watering would be just after sunrise, this will help prevent fungus problems .... and rot.... especially on flowers...

This is what not to do.... having too much pressure, that most of the spray is flying in the air! I just saw this the other day...facepalm.gifblink.png

that spray may make the area cooler?

I think with large 'droplets" like that it would not help as "cooling system"... it would need to be more of a fine mist...

They just have to water pressure turned on too high... It's too cool on Samui to need cooling now anyway!

Out side one of the shopping centres in Bangkok (I forget which now) they have a system set up for air cooling... the nozzles produce a very fine mist...more like those used for a plant propagation mist system.