National morals council is a bad idea

Lite Beer

Thailand should stick to what it does best. Push its sex trade. Morality was never in play in Thailand, why now?

I first thought W T F reading this, but then I thought about it, and there is little question that Thailand is the biggest brothel in the world, and it is endorsed by the leaders as it still goes on in the same fasion.

More and more ideas on this and that all of which are a complete waste of time because CORRUPTION is the elephant in the room that no one is even making a feeble attempt at tackling. This country is going nowhere but backwards until they have a serious expunging of corruption with serious and rapid penalty, publication of such and a no tolerance policy towards it.

What is the point in telling children not to drink alcohol when all around them those in power are blind drunk and having a huge orgy. There is no way they will learn anything when the reality they see doesn't match the picture they are told is the way to live.

It is all so ignorant.

• Like 2

Perhaps if section of defamation law that allows lawsuit even when reporting the truth were ditched, then just maybe press could fulfill it's function of reporting what is really going on. Then the public could decide whether or not to keep those sociopath types in power via voting booth... oh, I forgot. This is Thailand.... this current proposal is so out of bounds it even boggles an old timers mind such as mine.

"We should not have to wait until a law is passed before we raise a stink about it."

Where is the stink?

The impression given by a seemingly relunctant and accommodating Thai public of the Junta's ever tightening control over the population is sadly encouraging the Junta to even further manipulation. The Junta is like a child who demands sweets and when given sweets, it demands even more. If the Thai people accept less freedom, they will get less - it is a downward spiraling cycle towards a totalitarian society.

The nation's political leaders express "concerns" about the Junta's governance of the nation but take no direct opposition - still hoping for their place in the sun of the new empire? The Junta is following the classic oligarchy governance of placating public activism with a combination of insignificant financial handouts and intimidation - "we give you a little and you give us a lot." The Thai people are proud of having never been made a colony nor conquered by a foreign power. But they have been subjugated to the same degree internally.

Only bravery and sacarfice can truly raise a stink. The future began yesterday. If you wait for tomorrow to change the future, it's already too late.

Where is the "morality" when you have a monk pull you to the side and show you pictures of pre-teen boys and girls, and let you know he can arrange one, or more, of them for you for the right price? And, yes, this happened with me some time back.