Westerners in Thai Jails.

NoshowJones

For me, being put in front of my wife for the past 7 years, it's much worst than any Thai Jail or Thai judge.

Feel sorry for me, Possum, feel sorry for another human being suffering...............

I think you should tell us more about your wife Costas, if only to warn some TV posters who are thinking of getting married.

Possum, I did tell everybody about the wife some time ago.......

Don't really know why people still getting marriedwhistling.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740214-cant-get-rid-of-crazy-wife-please-help/

Yes, but I did not know it was as bad as that, anyway, I don't believe you about your wife.

• Like 2

Try to use the search function. There were lengthy threads in the past that detailed people's experience with the Thai justice system.

Hope you're OK.

Edit: Here is one for starters: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621982-prison-stories/

I have now done that, quite interesting, thanks.

I will admit to being in a Thai jail.

Yes got you thinking, but it is true. Buriram 4 years ago.

Inside no problem treated with the greatest of respect by jailers and prisoners, lucky i good friend (tv member)bailed me out after only 4 days.

• Like 1

Costas.

Naughty boy !!! you have a lovely wife. I know i have met her and you.

You are a lucky man .I hope TV members understand that you are joking when you speak about her.

Colin, I would think it would be better to hope that Costas's wife does not have access to his computer and does not read English.

• Like 1

I have been jailed in Lumpini and On Nut police stations on two separate occasions. The former for working without a work permit (not my fault, boss wouldn't give us work permits after many false promises) and the latter for being drunk and disorderly in my soi, definitely my fault!

I also had to go in front of a judge for the work permit offence which wasn't a very pleasant experience....

I have been jailed in Lumpini and On Nut police stations on two separate occasions. The former for working without a work permit (not my fault, boss wouldn't give us work permits after many false promises) and the latter for being drunk and disorderly in my soi, definitely my fault!

I also had to go in front of a judge for the work permit offence which wasn't a very pleasant experience....

I met two English teachers when I went to Savanakhet, neither of them had work permits, it must be widespread.

• Like 1

But that's two offences and you're still here - so not all bad.

What does the OP think the experience would be like? huh.png

I think it would be terrible, suppose you had a row with someone, you wouldn't need to worry about six Thais backing them up, it would be twenty times that. I don't like Thai food so I would starve to death.

Being tall, I would probably have no room to sleep. No, I would never survive a Thai prison.

• Like 1

For me, being put in front of my wife for the past 7 years, it's much worst than any Thai Jail or Thai judge.

Feel sorry for me, Possum, feel sorry for another human being suffering...............

Costas,,If,,I said IF that is remotely true what you are saying WHY are you still living with your not so beloved wife ?

I think you should tell us more about your wife Costas, if only to warn some TV posters who are thinking of getting married.

"...if only to warn some TV posters who are thinking of getting married."

And potential Thai wives who think it's going to be easy sledding.

• Like 2

Spent a few afternoons in jail for punch ups. The last time they couldn't let me out quick enough because I was explaining to the Burmese in Thai that they could claim political asylum in Thailand.

Won every case before a judge. 100% record.

• Like 2

Costas,,If,,I said IF that is remotely true what you are saying WHY are you still living with your not so beloved wife ?

Cos she got the collar round my neck and can't get away......pulling me around wherever she goessad.png

Hope you are feeling sorry for me also as possum does.

Ahhhhh, forgot to tell you......she's wearing the trousers.......I can only wear the Greek skirts.

Life is a choice Costas, it's either you find a way out or work something out with your wife that won't make you feel like you're in a leash;)

What does the OP think the experience would be like? huh.png

I think it would be terrible, suppose you had a row with someone, you wouldn't need to worry about six Thais backing them up, it would be twenty times that. I don't like Thai food so I would starve to death.

Being tall, I would probably have no room to sleep. No, I would never survive a Thai prison.

Don't like Thai food? Good lord, what is wrong with you? What do you eat in Thailand?

Have you tried a good Thai chef..... Crazy........best part of Thailand is the food, surely you didn't come for the traffic jams or filthy waterways.

:P