Thai govt vows action if Shinawatra supporters protest

webfact

"Driving her (Yingluck) out of politics could instigate resentment among her political supporters,"

She is not being 'driven' out of politics, she is being impeached and indicted, all according to Thai rules, regulations and due process...what could be fairer than that? Especially in the light of those Thai rules, regulations and due process having been put to good use by herself in the past. So, what comes around came around.

Guess you either choose to live with ultra sophisticated and super-rich high power corruption of the developed countries or crude vulgar and obvious corruption in a still developing one... I prefer the latter myself. There's a lot to choose from, but my (cynical?) view is.... human nature is the same the world over only the levels of sophistication change!

• Like 2

So it looks that they will be impeached.. great.. it would be so bad if they escaped justice because of fear of red terrorist actions.

I hope that this is the start of going after high profile people and maybe if they ever get back in power PTP could return the favor. This way an all out war on corruption could start that does not let the people in power get off free while people picking mushrooms go to jail.

If they (the Junta) had balls enough they would have confiscated the whole Shinawatras family's fortune including drivers and maids by now and thrown them all in jail with no parole or bail possible. A deal has been struck the Juntas BS regarding "Zero Corruption" is just smoke and mirrors.

Interesting and what about all the corrupt Democrats, policemen and generals? They just get off do they?

I agree entirely. .....don't forget about the criminal posing as a Monk.

• Like 1

Protest and we will take action,,,,,,,,,

Let's look at the history and facts shall we.

2010. Mark is in the top job, protesters shoot them,

2010. Suthep his buddy, protesters, Yu'p shoot them and use live rounds,

2010. The big fella now in the top job, ready aim fire.

2014. Yingluk in the top job, protesters Yu'p it's their right let them be, do not engage them.

History is the great teacher.

The hi-so élites don't like anyone to have the power other than them and if the lo-so's win the vote then they stir up trouble and steal the government again.

"You can blow out the candle but you can't blow out the fire, once the flames begin to catch our wind will blow it higher"

Peter Gabriel

Why are you so obsessed with fire? If you are going to play with matches, please do it in your own backyard and leave mine alone..... Thank You

They do have the weapons so a fairly good hand!

Yeah, and the Brits had the weapons in India. How did that work out?

They massacred quite a few Indians, including many innocent or peaceful protesters before deciding to call it a day and go home. After which the Hindus and Moslems carried on the massacres as they still do,

If they (the Junta) had balls enough they would have confiscated the whole Shinawatras family's fortune including drivers and maids by now and thrown them all in jail with no parole or bail possible. A deal has been struck the Juntas BS regarding "Zero Corruption" is just smoke and mirrors.

Interesting and what about all the corrupt Democrats, policemen and generals? They just get off do they?

You mean the hero who helped bring down a corrupt government with a terrorist wing ?

Irony right?

Or do you speak about the guy who created shortage of palm oil for its own wealth?

Land reform scheme?

Wikileaks from the US embassy which revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior?

Need more? or maybe you speak about somebody else?

If one side is scrutinized then the other should be too to have reconciliation otherwise it will start again

• Like 1

"Driving her (Yingluck) out of politics could instigate resentment among her political supporters,"

She is not being 'driven' out of politics, she is being impeached and indicted, all according to Thai rules, regulations and due process...what could be fairer than that? Especially in the light of those Thai rules, regulations and due process having been put to good use by herself in the past. So, what comes around came around.

Aren't these regulations and rules being re written by the current military government. I don't like the shins but you cant rewrite things and then put them back in history.

Protest and we will take action,,,,,,,,,

Let's look at the history and facts shall we.

2010. Mark is in the top job, protesters shoot them,

2010. Suthep his buddy, protesters, Yu'p shoot them and use live rounds,

2010. The big fella now in the top job, ready aim fire.

2014. Yingluk in the top job, protesters Yu'p it's their right let them be, do not engage them.

History is the great teacher.

The hi-so élites don't like anyone to have the power other than them and if the lo-so's win the vote then they stir up trouble and steal the government again.

"You can blow out the candle but you can't blow out the fire, once the flames begin to catch our wind will blow it higher"

Peter Gabriel

Dear caring sweet fair Yingluck (sob, sob).

Shame her gang members did the opposite and attacked, assaulted, and murdered at will, without fear of arrest or punishment, any who opposed her brother's government; including children and innocent bystanders.

She, Chalerm and Tarit should be holding their heads in shame - but they won't even give a shit about it.

I dont like the shins but who did Yingluk murder or order murdered at will?

"Driving her (Yingluck) out of politics could instigate resentment among her political supporters," said Thai academic Pavin Chachavalpongpun, of Kyoto University.
"Thailand is Thailand and the rule of law can be bent to serve the power interests of the elites."

Is this academic suggesting that the rule of law should be bent to serve the purposes of the elite Shinawatra clan ?

If it is decided that Yingluck has broken the law whether it be by dereliction of duty, negligence or corruption she must be answerable to the law.

Not holding her to account will for sure instigate resentment in those who have been hurt by any illegal actions of hers.

An example needs to be set and a benchmark laid down for future politicians, engage in anything unlawful and you will be held accountable.

This is an opportunity to do just that and it must be taken.

No I don't think the academic is suggesting any thing like that. What I think he is suggesting is that the laws of any county should be applied equally and fairly. The laws in Thailand are not applied fairly and equally and that is the problem. Regrettably that will never change. If an example is to be set it must apply to all those who have used their positions to benefit themselves. Using people as scapegoats will only cause more insurrection. The NLA has an ideal opportunity on Friday to show ALL the Thai people that there is fairness and that their sole aim is to bring unity to the Thai People. Any thing else will be a disaster for the junta and Thailand's people.

"There will be no protest, they can't protest. If they don't accept the ruling, we will take action, that's it. His New Year's gift to his people. Bring happiness back to Thailand. 555555.

Edited by ldiablo
  • Like 1

You mean the hero who helped bring down a corrupt government with a terrorist wing ?

No he means the criminal that gives away land that is not his to his rich mates and others that can do favors for him,

he means the person involved with the palm oil scam, yeah that's him the thieving dog that gave orders to shoot people in 2010, the person so corrupt he was forced out of his own government party, the one who chooses not to go too court and hides in a monks robe. and you call him hero, disgusting

Actually if he is corrupt please put him in a jail next to YL or Thaksin. Would be great if the important players get punished. But just YL and her crooks is 50% done. Hopefully they then go after their enemies when they are in power.

I rather have that the law gets applied equal but for now any corrupt politician in jail is better as none.

No I don't think the academic is suggesting any thing like that. What I think he is suggesting is that the laws of any county should be applied equally and fairly. The laws in Thailand are not applied fairly and equally and that is the problem. Regrettably that will never change. If an example is to be set it must apply to all those who have used their positions to benefit themselves. Using people as scapegoats will only cause more insurrection. The NLA has an ideal opportunity on Friday to show ALL the Thai people that there is fairness and that their sole aim is to bring unity to the Thai People. Any thing else will be a disaster for the junta and Thailand's people.

There isn't. And they won't.

Protest no way.

A guy dragged off the street for eating a sandwich.

Students dragged off for a three fingered salute.

Farmers thrown n the back of a army truck at the start of a protest etc etc.

One poster on here got it right Yingluck the elected PM let the yellows protest while Abhisit and Sutep had them shot.

Now the general is making threats while Thaksin said do not protest.

No doubt about it the PTP just have to sit back and let this lot shoot themselves in the foot.

Or maybe the general wants conflict to use it as a further grab for power and an extension of martial law and suppression which the junta currently enjoys.

Either way Thaksin and the PTP are far superior in the game of politics.

Protest no way.

A guy dragged off the street for eating a sandwich.

Students dragged off for a three fingered salute.

Farmers thrown n the back of a army truck at the start of a protest etc etc.

One poster on here got it right Yingluck the elected PM let the yellows protest while Abhisit and Sutep had them shot.

Now the general is making threats while Thaksin said do not protest.

No doubt about it the PTP just have to sit back and let this lot shoot themselves in the foot.

Or maybe the general wants conflict to use it as a further grab for power and an extension of martial law and suppression which the junta currently enjoys.

Either way Thaksin and the PTP are far superior in the game of politics.

If he was so superior.. he would not have put his name to the list of people for amnesty. That was selfish and by doing that all the red foot-soldiers had to stay in jail. It led to the end of his government.

If you call that superior cheesy.gif letting your foot soldiers rot in jail because he wanted take it all .

• Like 1

Guess you either choose to live with ultra sophisticated and super-rich high power corruption of the developed countries or crude vulgar and obvious corruption in a still developing one... I prefer the latter myself. There's a lot to choose from, but my (cynical?) view is.... human nature is the same the world over only the levels of sophistication change!

One of the good reasons why so many people want to go and live with that "super-rich high power corruption of the developed countries" is:

"13 Mar 2001 - Princess Anne has been fined £400 after admitting driving her Bentley at 93mph on a dual carriageway in Gloucestershire."

• Like 1