Mobile Phone Numbers Changing?

Dustoff

~

Has anyone heard of this? This word is being passed by a Special Forces website (sfa3.org) in Bangkok but I have neither seen nor heard anything else about it.

Apparently, the number 8 is to be inserted after the first digit of all Mobile phone numbers in Thailand. This would likely have massive impact on things like advertising, business and personal considerations and I should think that it would be posted/objected to countrywide. Merely a rumor?

~

Has anyone heard of this? This word is being passed by a Special Forces website (sfa3.org) in Bangkok but I have neither seen nor heard anything else about it.

Apparently, the number 8 is to be inserted after the first digit of all Mobile phone numbers in Thailand. This would likely have massive impact on things like advertising, business and personal considerations and I should think that it would be posted/objected to countrywide. Merely a rumor?

Look here.

:o

~

Look here.

:o

Thanks much, Jai Dee. Not being a newspaper reader and still not having the ThaiVisa search thing down, I just didn't get the message.

Please feel free to erase this thread; or leave it up if there are others who need to hear this as well. What a pain, I also just did emergency/biz cards and can't imagine all the advertising/signs that will have to be changed all over the country.

Oh well, progress sometimes leaves us behind, eh? :D