Monkeys escape cage, vandalize southern Thai village

webfact

Monkeys Escape Cage, Vandalize Southern Village
By Khaosod English

14205455481420545660l.jpg
Surapong Inkabchan, 57, said the monkeys entered his kitchen and threw his rice cookers around.

RANONG — Residents of Tha Chang village in southern Thailand have been terrorized by a group of monkeys that escaped from their enclosure last month.

The monkeys started their rampage several weeks ago, running inside residents' homes, trashing their property, and damaging crops in nearby orchards, locals say.

Surapong Inkabchan, 57, said the monkeys belong to a coconut farmer who trained the animals to pick coconuts from trees in the district. The monkeys appeared to have broken out of their cage last month and have been causing trouble in the village ever since, Surapong said.

"I keep four ducks. The monkeys stole all of the ducks' food. They eat everything," Surapong said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1420545548&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-07

• Like 1

I lived in a city in northern India for a couple of years in the early 90s, and I remember packs of monkeys patrolling the city, breaking things and stealing things. They would hop from rooftop to rooftop, and they were very aggressive. People would hang laundry up on the roof to dry, sometimes do food preparation up on the roof. But when you would see the monkeys coming, you would put your stuff inside so the monkeys weren't attracted to anything.

If someone stepped out for a bit, but left laundry drying on the roof, the monkeys would snatch it.

Sometimes, I think those monkeys would put on the shirts they stole, and wiggle themselves into the pants...

and get a job at the bank, or at a government office...

and that is the real problem. There are monkeys hiding among us.

• Like 2

"Surapong Inkabchan, 57, said the monkeys belong to a coconut farmer who trained the animals to pick coconuts from trees in the district "

I've seen these cretins on the islands smacking the monkeys with sticks and yanking the chains around their necks, terrorizing them to climb the trees.

These bastards are brutal. Pissed me off to no end.

They are very lucky those monkeys aren't a bit larger...

Go monkeys.

The revenge of the apes would be a great Hollywood movie title. The plot is that those mean monkeys escaped from their poor owners because they only got two bananas for lunch. This pissed them off and escaped eventually. The monster monkeys have vented their anger on the locals who then beseeched for help.