Kidney problem after water vending machine ?

oMega69

HI.... trying to understand why i get pain in my right kidney from time to time... maybe 3 time per year feeling sea sick and minor constant pain in the right kidney . . holding out for 1-2w then normal again...

Was at hospital blood test and urin test.. my kidney was working normal , no urine infections no kidney stone etc..

So i dont understad why my kidney having problem , so could ut be that that water is un-clean and my kidneys being over worked ? , any clues . . .

are you sure it is the kidney and not the muscles in this area?

Sure. i feel the organ itself . . and the sea sickness is from kidneys not function 100%

I start today with drinking only "real" water.. see if it helps . .

...there were some figures on those water machines....a high percentage were never maintained...

...water is colorless, odorless and tasteless....

...but it could also be the food....or food additives...

...or dehydration.....

I really don't think this forum is a place to source such advice.

Not because of the capacity of the members, but because of the endless possible variables within your body.

I struggled with kidney pain on-and-off for many years. It was caused by food additives.

See a doctor, or a second, or a third, or a fourth.

The internet is not going to solve this problem for you.

Edited by Tuskfish
  • Like 2

You guys referring to those roadside machines that are around 1 baht for a litre of water? me and the missus have been using them for at least 3 years now. I don't know what to trust, those or bottled water. may invest in a PH testing kit, what do you all do for drinking water?

on the topic of water machines, I know man who sells and maintains them, he says most owners don't change the filters on the dates that they are suppose to, I believe its something like 20 units. Its not because people don't want to, its because they forget and cheap water machines don't have visible indicators outside telling owners to change the filter.

• Like 1

You guys referring to those roadside machines that are around 1 baht for a litre of water? me and the missus have been using them for at least 3 years now. I don't know what to trust, those or bottled water. may invest in a PH testing kit, what do you all do for drinking water?

PH doesn't tell you anything about the water quality.

• Like 2

it is 1 indicator, there are many factors to what makes water good or bad quality. What do you do for water, again I repeat the question. Bottled water? I don't trust huge corporations for many reasons but there is pretty much no alternative, I have drank from the tap a few times with little problems

it is 1 indicator, there are many factors to what makes water good or bad quality. What do you do for water, again I repeat the question. Bottled water? I don't trust huge corporations for many reasons but there is pretty much no alternative, I have drank from the tap a few times with little problems

If water has lower or higher pH it doesn't matter at all for the body. Maybe that some dirt lowers the pH or makes them higher, but I wouldn't trust that.

I go with bottled water. I don't trust the plastic around it. I wouldn't be surprised if some chemicals from the plastic goes into the water and I am sure in Thailand no one checks. As little as I like them, I trust the huge corporations more than the small one. Nestle wouldn't risk headlines around the world just to save a few Baht, so they most probably do all the services that are required and use original food grade parts. So at the end it should be OK. Happy with it: No.....

Most likely kidney stones and needs to be looked at by a doctor. I've got a friend who had an intermittent kidney stone and ended up getting it "nuked". All has been well since. As for the water -- if you're not sure of your local machine you can get drinking water sterilising tablets. You dissolve them and let it stand for a few hours before use. The longer you let it stand -- open to the atmosphere (and a good breeze) - the less remains of the slightly chlorine taste.

If water has lower or higher pH it doesn't matter at all for the body. Maybe that some dirt lowers the pH or makes them higher, but I wouldn't trust that.

I go with bottled water. I don't trust the plastic around it. I wouldn't be surprised if some chemicals from the plastic goes into the water and I am sure in Thailand no one checks. As little as I like them, I trust the huge corporations more than the small one. Nestle wouldn't risk headlines around the world just to save a few Baht, so they most probably do all the services that are required and use original food grade parts. So at the end it should be OK. Happy with it: No.....

Yeah there is that whole debate about water warming up in plastic bottles and releasing carcinogens, not sure how hot it has to get or how true it is, but those bottles sure do stay out in the sun on their travels to the stores. I may start drinking ONLY soda water, glass bottles and it is meant to be slightly better for you.

About Nestle, it is funny you mention them because when I wrote the previous post that is a company I had in mind as a no go. They used to send people to Africa and offer their baby milk formula for free to mothers with new born babies, and obviously after using it for some time, the mother stops lactating, so they have to keep buying the formula. That is one dirty trick they have done, so I choose to buy nothing related to the company at all.

Edited by monk213

a feeling of "sea sickneess" can have many causes, most of them unrelated to kidney. And apparently your kidney function has been checked and is normal (though that would not rule out stones).

Would help if you described this pain - exact location and what it is like. Is it is really severe, colicky crampy pain? Or more like an ache? etc.

• Like 2

Change the source of your water. Buy mineral water in bottles for a relevant period (if you trust it) and see what happens.

We should drink 1 to 1 1/2 lt per day of water. Even more if you perspire a lot. That is the best defense for the kidney.

I knew a friend who drank at least 3 litres a day cheesy.gif

Yeah there is that whole debate about water warming up in plastic bottles and releasing carcinogens, not sure how hot it has to get or how true it is, but those bottles sure do stay out in the sun on their travels to the stores. I may start drinking ONLY soda water, glass bottles and it is meant to be slightly better for you.

About Nestle, it is funny you mention them because when I wrote the previous post that is a company I had in mind as a no go. They used to send people to Africa and offer their baby milk formula for free to mothers with new born babies, and obviously after using it for some time, the mother stops lactating, so they have to keep buying the formula. That is one dirty trick they have done, so I choose to buy nothing related to the company at all.

Yes I specially mentioned Nestle, as I dislike them for various ugly business practice. But at the same time I think there is less risk with them.

The best investment you could make in Thailand is to buy a machine to boil the water.

Any heavy metals present will actually be made even more toxic if boiled

why are heavy metals more toxic after boiled? It shouldn't matter to them, or?

The best investment you could make in Thailand is to buy a machine to boil the water.

Any heavy metals present will actually be made even more toxic if boiled

why are heavy metals more toxic after boiled? It shouldn't matter to them, or?

I forget the science but I did read about it before, try looking through this link if you are interested

http://www.evenbetterhealth.com/heavy-metal-poisoning.asp