nicest beaches around Hua Hin

rickthailand

My personal favourites are Haad Sai Noi (look under the Khao Tao listings in the above links) for a nice clean sandy beach where the water rapidly gets deep enough to swim and the beach food is pretty good; and Cha-am where I would not swim but would regularly go for the cheap seafood on the southern end of the beach under the umbrellas.

Oztaurus is right on the mark. Haad Sai Noi is a beauty of a beach. 15 kms from Hua Hin, not too far. Keep an eye out for a 7/11 on the left, just off the highway, ten or so kms out off HH, cross the rail line, go down a 'k' or so, take the road on the right when you come to the lake, continue on and you shouldn't have a problem from there on getting to the beach. Every time I've been there it hasn't been inundated with holidaymakers, plenty of space, and the water is so much cleaner and deeper than back at HH beach. I've noticed more development in the vicinity of the beach which is a bit of a worry, so get there now.

• Like 2

As a very long term resident of HH the simple answer is there aren't any. Pretty much all the beaches have been ruined by the thoughtless acts of Thais.

That's a pretty harsh comment.

The beaches mentioned in the replies are stunning compared to a lot of the coastlines of eastern Thailand.

You should venture out more.

• Like 1

I realize you said 10km., but if you feel like venturing further south, the beaches around Prachuap are gorgeous. Between Ao Noi all the way south to Ban Saphan. About 100 km. of coastline with really good beaches, very few people, excellent food, and great little towns. One of my favorite parts of Thailand. PKK province is exquisite.

• Like 1

You may wish to consider the beach located at the Army rehabilitation facility and golf course aka the Pines.

I go with my friends because it is conveniently close to other army facilities and the university. The reason I like it, is because it is the cleanest beach near Hua Hin. The army keeps the beach clean. There are chairs and mats to rent if you so desire (no sunbeds, no jet skis and no beach vendors). People are well behaved. There is also a section back from the beach where there are many vendors ranging from restaurants to small shops all located under one roof.

• Like 1