How to Catch a Cheater?

Cheesekraft

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't dump her, just cheat back.

Cheating is a Thai national pastime, good for all ages and all social classes.

Best answer so far, Thais are the worst cheaters in the world, any chance they have to get laid they go for it, no exceptions.

Which is more immoral, cheating on someone or making generalized condemnations of an entire country's population? Just wondering...sick.gif

How is it that when someone states the obvious- that it's some kind of condemnation?

It's probably less of a "generalized condemnation" than it is a well established and accepted fact.

I would imagine that you could even get most Thai people to agree with this fact.

Cheating is more or less an accepted practice as long as it is done discretly.

bob

worst cheaters in the world/ no exceptions? grow up

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Best answer so far, Thais are the worst cheaters in the world, any chance they have to get laid they go for it, no exceptions.

Which is more immoral, cheating on someone or making generalized condemnations of an entire country's population? Just wondering...sick.gif

How is it that when someone states the obvious- that it's some kind of condemnation?

It's probably less of a "generalized condemnation" than it is a well established and accepted fact.

I would imagine that you could even get most Thai people to agree with this fact.

bob

Thai ladies don't seem to regard having a sexual relationship with another man as cheating. It is is more 'the done thing' in Thailand

Celebrities do it, persons of rank do it, Thai drama reinforces it, infidelity within families is commonplace.

I think you just have to roll with the punches sometimes, especially if you love her, or have too much invested in her.

I've cheated on my girlfriends and been cheated on. It's just a fact of life here

If you really are worried take her to the Temple and ask her to tell you the truth in the presence of Buddha. She will probably be sufficiently superstitious of something bad happening to her or her family that she'll tell you the truth

Slip it in the 'tradesman's entrance' by mistake - that might bring her to her senses

• Like 1

The age old challenge world wide. If doubt is there will it come back...not.

If you have been burnt in the past then it will get harder when encountering non standard behaviour. Ask the question. you will get an angry reaction and if over the top then you have the truth

Thai ladies don't seem to regard having a sexual relationship with another man as cheating. It is is more 'the done thing' in Thailand

Celebrities do it, persons of rank do it, Thai drama reinforces it, infidelity within families is commonplace.

I think you just have to roll with the punches sometimes, especially if you love her, or have too much invested in her.

I've cheated on my girlfriends and been cheated on. It's just a fact of life here

If you really are worried take her to the Temple and ask her to tell you the truth in the presence of Buddha. She will probably be sufficiently superstitious of something bad happening to her or her family that she'll tell you the truth

Slip it in the 'tradesman's entrance' by mistake - that might bring her to her senses

my my, the farts that come outta your mouth. i feel you fancy yourself as a expert, i think not, your current gf is the player of you two, it is sad & funny you think you are in charge, oh well, another twit pretending, kinda cute :-)

my my, the farts that come outta your mouth. i feel you fancy yourself as a expert, i think not, your current gf is the player of you two, it is sad & funny you think you are in charge, oh well, another twit pretending, kinda cute :-)

Are we going to start a new thread now in which a dozen Farangs are going to state that their Thai gf/wife is somehow "different"? You don't need to be "an expert" to state the obvious.

Edited by bobthomas

bob

+1

Quite agree.

Stating there obvious? What a joke. Established fact accept by whom? By a bunch of crusty old farangs on Thai Visa?

If anyone has "facts" to prove that all 67 million Thai people are liars, cheaters and immoral, I'd like to see those facts.

Realistically, since all humans are human -- I'd have to say intuitively such fake "facts" are all pure hogwash.

Edited by BradinAsia
  • Like 1

Are we going to start a new thread now in which a dozen Farangs are going to state that their Thai gf/wife is somehow "different"? You don't need to be "an expert" to state the obvious.

The only thing obvious is that the horde of old pattaya sexpats 'dating' prostitutes half their age have a completely different experience than the rest of us

The original poster has to read a lot, and a lot of non-sense.

The real pain of being cheated is being humiliated by the other one, in daily actions.

Does the partner belittle you? Finds nothing good in you? Even the greatest meal you cook is still not fine? That is one indication.

Second: Seeking a situation for plain talk, together.

Asking: How do you feel about me? What do you feel towards me?

Third: Observe the eyes when the person answers. Observe the body posture, and the tone in the voice.

Last but not least: A sexual fantasy does not need to materialize. We all have them, in a way we cheat the partner by the fantasy alone, yet ... if we can have open talk to the partner, he or she might be willing to venture into it, and as soon as done, the fantasy gets nullified. It's gone, after seeing it is still not that kick that gave us liberation from the average challenges of life, that the Buddha called "dukkha", suffering, clinging ...

So, go calmly into this. If you can, do not hate your partner for the deviation. Interprete more what has led her to seek happiness outside. We humans are always trapped by intrinsic suffering, and then we promise ourselves relief from a kick of a new love affair ... We like to be cherished, adored, sought ... and any of women or men are the same in this. If we lose affection from the other one, we seek it from someone else.

If you love your wife, seek the problem in your relation. A psychologist said: Couples that express five times a day the appreciation to the other one, and that can be in multiple forms, from a kiss on the cheek to some hug, to wow, you did this great, they have a great chance to keep an ongoing relationship.

If you seek a relationship adviser, there is one great man in Thailand, cheaper then a detective, Frank Vilaasa, in Pai ... the writer of the book: "What is love".

• Like 1

I forgot to say something, above:

I once met a very wise, elderly couple. They told me that every woman or man needs to expect that once in a life-time the partner goes astray ...

I know, it is painful to know.

We men however tend to think that our adultery is peanuts.

And when a woman has a love affair outside, it destroys us ...

We have double standards.

We forget that a woman feels samewise about a man having intimacy with other ones.

Being in a partnership is as difficult as being without partnership.

In the partnership, on the one hand, we should just be focused sexually on one, and if there is communion between the two, we really are, and in exchange for that loyalty we get care. Vice versa.

And there, in polygamous flipping around, it is free intercourse to multiple people, and no one finds rest ...

So many suicides happen in that freak way. It leads to severe depression. See the news of Pattaya, as example, the city of no God, but sex is God.

In so far, Thailand with its many ways for short time sex, creates an illusion, and this one will die similarly as McDonalds and Coke are now cutting down their output, fast food leaves people empty and dead in the end ...

• Like 1

The only thing obvious is that the horde of old pattaya sexpats 'dating' prostitutes half their age have a completely different experience than the rest of us

and that's your biggest mistake. This is not a thread about prostitutes and their benefactors. It's about ignorance. A traditional Thai woman has almost as mush of a propensity to cheat than does the bar girl.

• Like 1

@ Mr Brad in Asia

No one said that: all the people in this country are liars, cheaters, and/or immoral, but I think we can all agree that Thai people will often lie for any number of reasons. Sometimes they mean well- sometimes they simply want to cover their own asses. Cheating? The concept itself has a western feel to it and smacks of ethnocentrism. In a culture with limited access to resources, people don't always have the luxury (or time, education and experience) to contemplate the specific circumstances by which they achieved good fortune. As far as "Morality" is concerned I suggest you go out tomorrow and ask as many Thai people as you can communicate with, what they think about the concept. Most likely you will get 50% of your answers following in lock step to the principles of Grengjai. They will tell you whatever you want to hear! The other 50% will have a tough time of getting a frame of reference for our western concepts of morality. As far as, "all humans being human", if they do have any commonality it would most likely be a Genetic disposition rather than the resultant cognitive condition of the process of enculturation and acculturation, and that is what we are talking about here! The precepts of Thai Traditional Culture as understood and followed by the indigenous people of Thailand- Something of which, despite your decades of experience here- you seem to have completely misunderstood.

• Like 1

Your tale of being in Thailand since 1962 and experiencing random acts of kindness, while entertaining, lacks a critical component of the Scientific method. Random acts of kindness exist in even the most deplorable of places, Nazi Germany, prison camps, etc, but that is not indicative of the underlying social and cultural process' that drive human behavior within any given society. Your hypothesis that because your experiences in Thailand have been favorable and people have been kind to you, does not prove or disprove the propensity for the Thai cultural paradigm to include infidelity into it's behavioral amalgam.

I am not the originator of this concept, although I do hold a degree in Cultural Anthropology and have been writing and lecturing about the cultural paradigm of the indigenous people of Asia for several decades now, my ideas come primarily from the work of William J. Klaussner (an Anthropologist that has been studying Thai culture since the mid 1950's), Mont Redmond, and the addition of hundreds of other Academic papers on the subject of Thai culture as well as close friendships with the people that have written them.

I have formulated my opinions based on the literature, my liaisons, and my field work in the region.

I suggest you forget about basing your theories of Thai traditional culture on the few random acts of kindness you have experienced in the Changwat, and instead obtain some literature written by the luminaries in the field. Read a few thousand pages, learn to read and write Thai, relate to every Thai person you know in their native language as much as possible, raise your children here, get first class insurance on your vehicles and your house, live here in that capacity for a few decades, delivering yourself from various misfortunes (by speaking Thai only), and then if you still find yourself so completely "VIVA" about Thailand we will have a new chat.

Thanks,

Uncle Bob

Edited by bobthomas
  • Like 1

I am not the originator of this concept, although I do hold a degree in Cultural Anthropology and have been writing about the cultural paradigm of the indigenous people of Asia for several decades, my ideas come primarily from the work of William J. Klaussner (an Anthropologist that has been studying Thai culture since the mid 1950's), Mont Redmond, with the addition hundreds of other Academic papers on the subject of Thai culture as well as close alliances with the people that have written them.

I have formulated my opinions based on the literature, the liaisons, and my field work in the region.

I suggest you forget about basing your theories of Thai traditional culture on the few random acts of kindness you have experienced in the Changwat, and instead obtain some literature written by the luminaries in the field. Read a few thousand pages, learn to read and write Thai, raise your children here, get first class insurance on your vehicles and your house, live here in that capacity for a few decades, delivering yourself from various misfortunes (by speaking Thai- without the help of anyone else) and then if you still find yourself so completely "VIVA" about Thailand we will have a new chat.

Thanks,

Uncle Bob

By "luminaries in the field" I assume you mean all these TV members who have lived for years in a country whose people they despise.

Doesn't seem very illuminating to me. By the way, you make some rather baseless assumption about my experiences in Thailand. I'd

venture to say that I've probably read thousands of pages more than you have since my degree, my job for 40 years and my hobby has

been Asian Studies. And I have no interest in chatting with anyone with such a negative view of life. Thanks anyway.

Good day to you.

Catching a cheating girlfriend can be difficult. We have found that unless the emails or text messages are very incriminating she will nearly always have an answer ( like he's just a friend).

It really depends how serious you are about her. As a previous poster said Fidelitycheckonline specialises in cheating Thai girlfriends. Private detectives can be good if you get the right one but can also be expensive.

You sound young my advice is to move on and find somebody you can trust There is a dating site for genuine Thai girls called lovelisa try that.