NLA starts impeachment of Nikom, Somsak

webfact

NLA starts impeachment of Nikom, Somsak
By Digital Content

14207103535559-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 8 -- Thailand's National Legislative Assembly (NLA) started the impeachment process against former Senate speaker Nikom Wairatpanij and former House speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont this morning. Mr Nikom said he expected fair treatment.

Mr Nikom and Mr Somsak of the Pheu Thai Party enter the impeachment process as the National Anti-Corruption Commission has accused them of malfeasance in attempting to amend the past constitution concerning the composition of the Senate.

The NLA let both men deliver their opening statements without a time limitation before opening the floor for questions.

Presenting his statement himself, Mr Nikom said at parliament that the impeachment process was historically important as heads of both lower and upper Houses were impeached.

He said he expected the Assembly to treat his side of the case fairly.

"I will accept the result, no matter what it will be and I will not return to politics. I am not fighting for my own interest but for the legislature, the legislative power of which is violated. I insist that I did not violate any law. Using cards to vote for others was a personal matter and had nothing to do with the speaker who followed all meeting regulations," the former Senate speaker said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwon asked supporters of Mr Nikom, Mr Somsak and former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra who were impeached not to show up at parliament.

He said that supporters could give moral support from home or by telephone and that order had to be maintained. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2015-01-08

I insist that I did not violate any law. Using cards to vote for others was a personal matter and had nothing to do with the speaker who followed all meeting regulations," the former Senate speaker said.

I wonder if meeting regulations allowed for the speaker to accept a greater number of votes than there were members present in the house ?

• Like 2

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
And:

the same attitude displayed by all pro thaksin governments ''we/i have our own interpertation of law that we follow''. its like a nest of vipers, destroy them all or they will just keep on breeding and you end up back with the same problems, where the trouble was started by/from.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Using cards to vote for others was a personal matter and had nothing to do with the speaker"

Voting. The only principle of democracy the PTP respect and they still abuse it.

They claim to respect, when it suits them.

I am not familiar with this card system , the government wip under the Westminster system organizes proxy or pairs if someone is away on important legislation it is not necessary for the speaker to be a member of the elected government and the speaker has nothing to do with voting (Supposed to be impartial ) unless it is the deciding vote, there would be a system for this card use, but unless its for the joker , I am lost on this one. coffee1.gif