Needed Passport validation For "ED Visa Extension" ? one Year?

Hi Guys! This time that I went for ED visa extension,

I saw an announcement says:

"For ED visa extension, Passport validation need to be more than one year."

My Passport will be expire on March 2016, so do I need to change my passport for the next extension?

Thanks for your Help!

An announcement where ? By the broken English it seems to be from some school f*book page.

There is no rule like that and your passport is perfectly fine until 2016. That is, more than two years from now.

what's your problem . . . your next extension is due in January 2016, by this time your passport will be valid for only three more months. Definitely not meeting the requirement for being issued an extension.

So, regardless that notice you read ( useless on your behalf) , you will need to apply for a new passport sometime in the first two thirds of this year. We are in 2015, mind ya.

Thanks for Your answer,

But I saw the notice on the N1 counter (Immigration) saying based on new rules passports need validation more than one year for visa extension.

That would be for one year extensions. But, if you study Thai at a private school you will only get 90 days extensions.

In any case the extension would be granted anyway, but would be limited to the expiration date of passport.

Edited by paz

Nothing new. But your passport only needs to valid for the length of your extension.

According to the New Regulation from August 13, 2013, when submitting application for Visa Extension if the validity of passport of the applicant is not longer than one year left before expiry, the extension of stay will be permitted not exceeding the expired date of passport.

After the renewal of your passport of obtaining a new passport, you have to re-apply for Visa Extension by submitting required document and paying extension fee ( 1,900 Baht ). In case of overstay, the fine is 500 Baht per day.

Source: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php

There is no rule like that and your passport is perfectly fine until (March) 2016. "That is, more than two years from now."

Paz, perhaps you should check your calendar.

Thank you from my heart for your correction.