Thai govt wants to raise fares of 'low-cost' airlines

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So the owner of the bus company made his contributions and the airlines didn't?...

You mean he had a whinge like a spoiled 5 year old , ITS NOT FAIR !!!!

Rip the public off and overcharge them , because the National airline is an overpriced shambles,

That is pretty much it. Instead of studying the competition, stifle it. Ruin the marktplace like you did the government. Put yet another nail in the tourist industries coffin. Sadly less than nimble minds continue to prevail in Thailand..

Maybe Ms Suchinda should get into the low cost airline industry rather than running to the junta complaining of having competition.

Not so sure I would want to fly on an airplane being run by a Thai Bus Company. Just me...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe Ms Suchinda should get into the low cost airline industry rather than running to the junta complaining of having competition.

Not so sure I would want to fly on an airplane being run by a Thai Bus Company. Just me...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

What , not even a VIP one ?

"ACM Prajin told reporters that he was concerned to see a decrease in the number of passengers using buses to travel domestically. "

I am curious to know why he is so concerned, except of course that it hurts the pockets of his best friend the bus owner. Is it somehow important that a high number of people travel by bus? When was the last time we read about someone dying in a bus crash? - an hoour ago?

Here is an idea for the government

How about yearly inspections of the equipment of these inter-provincial bus companies

How about governors to slow down these inter-provincial bus companies

How about log books that show exactly how long a driving shift is on these inter-provincial bus companies

How about publishing the safety records of these inter-provincial bus companies

How about restoring democracy in Thailand so that these hair brained ideas from the military masters stop

yes, to all except the final point, I have been out this way for 13 years and I see zero difference between this bunch of idiots and any of the others that have been in power. Remember propellorhead and his outstanding idea to reduce flooding by tying boats across the Chao Phira and using their propellors to move the water faster? Moronic ideas seem to be universal among Thai leaders no matter if they are elected or not, so restoring democracy is not going to make a blind bit of difference.

I remember that. That one was one of the best ideas to come out of the Thai school for the gifted

The buses suck, are terribly under frozen, stinky rest rooms and crappy snacks apart from the ongoing risk of accidents. If there is plane = plane, if there is no plane but train = train, if there is no plane, nor train = private car 8-)

• Like 1

In most other countries senior Air Force officers bide their time to retirement until they get offers to sit on boards of major airlines or Defence Aerospace companies. This clown seems to be bucking the trend and would be a laughing stock amongst his worldwide peers..

• Like 1

Here is an idea for the government

How about yearly inspections of the equipment of these inter-provincial bus companies

How about governors to slow down these inter-provincial bus companies

How about log books that show exactly how long a driving shift is on these inter-provincial bus companies

How about publishing the safety records of these inter-provincial bus companies

How about restoring democracy in Thailand so that these hair brained ideas from the military masters stop

How about getting the, real, cost and price structures of these inter-provincial bus companies

You cannot 'restore' something that has never ever been there, so leave 'democracy' out of it, please. Even 'civilian ruling' wouldn't work, considering as long there are Parliament, Senate and Governments in Thailand, all have been crowded by 'big brass' Military and Police (or 'ex-' so)... Not even 'elected' considering the mockery the Shins, and the DP, has made from that in the past! 'Constitutional', maybe, for a laugh?

But you could still make a point in your last line when you would replace 'hair' by 'air'... heads.

In most other countries senior Air Force officers bide their time to retirement until they get offers to sit on boards of major airlines or Defence Aerospace companies. This clown seems to be bucking the trend and would be a laughing stock amongst his worldwide peers..

Thaksin wouldn't be happy to read what you write about his good old friend.

Well, the government is also denying the private telecom companies (AIS, DTAC and TRUE) operating frequencies in order to protect obsolete staterun telecom companies (TOT and CAT), so I am not surprised that they are trying to protect obsolete bus routes too.

I read in another article today that the Thai government was nowhere near ready to implement AEC, which I guess is very true biggrin.png