Honda crfm250

Hedghog

Fair enough Mr arrogant they are the same bike ?,I owned this bike from day one but since you know best I will leave you to it.

Tut tut offer some people help and they throw it back in your face.......?

Edited by taninthai

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking that. Is that stock or did you add the tires and gold wheels?

That's the CFR250M... M is for Motard, which is delivered as shown in the photo...

I would be really surprised if Honda discontinued this model as CRF250L is quite popular worldwide... Perhaps they are doing away with the M model as it is only sold in Asia to my knowledge... I also believe they wouldn't upgrade from a single cylinder 250 to a 300 twin as it would change the entire power curve for the bike...

I had a XR400 in the US for years and is the same bike except for a few more cc's... The 250 just doesn't have enough grunt for me... Hard to beat a big thumper...

That's the CFR250M... M is for Motard, which is delivered as shown in the photo...

I would be really surprised if Honda discontinued this model as CRF250L is quite popular worldwide... Perhaps they are doing away with the M model as it is only sold in Asia to my knowledge... I also believe they wouldn't upgrade from a single cylinder 250 to a 300 twin as it would change the entire power curve for the bike...

I had a XR400 in the US for years and is the same bike except for a few more cc's... The 250 just doesn't have enough grunt for me... Hard to beat a big thumper...

The 300cc is also a single cylinder.

L and M versions both still available in UK where it fits in the starter class for new riders.

I don't think it sold well in Thailand as the seat height is a bit tall for many locals - so I guess it's mainly an export model. Perhaps the local dealers are not interested in selling them as they are low volume models in Thailand - but I saw both L and M's in Bangkok showrooms recently. The one I bought had been in the showroom for 2 months - whereas you need to go on a waitng list for the 300, PCX and the MSX.

Great bike for city use in my view - and it's OK for longer trips - but extra seat padding or seat swap may be needed for some. I'm used to long distances on a bicycle so the seat feels good in comparison!

I agree with the OP and can highly recommend the 250M.

Cool, didn't know that... Now if they would just bring back the 400 I would be happy...

The CRF 250 M is also on sale in UK, still current range and probably in other European countries, the L and M versions are still pretty new bikes

http://bikes.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/street/crf250m-2014/overview.html

The M version is not and will never be on off-road bike, very different features although engine and looks are similar

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand how Honda works here.

Ap Honda website clearly shows that on the 14th of January the release of both the L and and M in new colours but when I go into showrooms looking to buy it is still get the same answer. No hab. When is it coming? Don't know.

Show them the press release of the site and still blank stares.

I just don't understand. Do dealerships get product info?

It's mind-numbing trying to get a straight answer from anyone.

Edited by hansgruber

Ap Honda website clearly shows that on the 14th of January the release of both the L and and M in new colours but when I go into showrooms looking to buy it is still get the same answer. No hab. When is it coming? Don't know.

they just dont care and most probably have not even been informed by honda.

these dealers are mostly ignorant on things and they dont care when the new crf or crf m will arrive as they sell more waves, clicks and scoopyi s and that is what matters for them for their commissions.

these dealers are mostly ignorant on things and they dont care when the new crf or crf m will arrive as they sell more waves, clicks and scoopyi s and that is what matters for them for their commissions.

If there was another alternative bike I wouldn't bother with Honda. I won't do another Kawasaki KLX though.

What other choice do I have? Ducati hypermotard?

If there was another alternative bike I wouldn't bother with Honda. I won't do another Kawasaki KLX though.

What other choice do I have? Ducati hypermotard?

hans just wait a bit, there are rumors for a crf300l and m as you know so sure not so far.

or alternatively you can go buy a lot superior 245 k thb crf250x from bigwing.

or can get a crf250l for like 100 k thb as second hand, recently saw some around.

Edited by ll2

Hans.

Phuket,must be awkward.

I was in the Honda dealer Phitsanulok,having my bike serviced.

One of the sales girls excitedly showed me the sales literature for the new colour scheme,exactly as you posted previously.

They are waiting delivery,no date as yet.

Hans.

Phuket,must be awkward.

One of the sales girls excitedly showed me the sales literature for the new colour scheme,exactly as you posted previously.

is it 300 cc - or 286! - ? did she mention?

thanks.

Hans.

Phuket,must be awkward.

is it 300 cc - or 286! - ? did she mention?

thanks.

It's still a 250cc

I dont think they can bore it out larger than 286 cc , but its still a 14% increase over the 250 , and the Kawasaki. I wish Honda would make up-graded L and M models with adjustable susspension and twin radiators , as i think this would beat the KLX. Is the CRF250X realy only 245,000 Baht.

honda crf250r is 275 k thb now but before i remember it was cheaper.

It is a proper racing spec motocross bike and if you add some signals and lights, maybe it can be registered for road use.

and most important of all, it is sold at Bigwing so definitely you will get a proper service which is very important IMO.

http://www.aphonda.co.th/hondabigbike/product.aspx?product=CRF250R

CRF250R-red.png

Edited by ll2

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the post. I am now poised to purchase either one of these, a CB300 F or a CBR 300. I can't decide which.

Sit on the Crfm,the seat height is 34 inches.

I personally prefer this style rather than a sports bike,for riding position.

But the cb300 is not a sports bike riding position?

More power on the 300 but no off-roading capabilities so it's all up to each riders needs.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2015-honda-cb300f-review.html

They both looks good for sure.

I think the 250M scores over the 300F because of its "dirt bike DNA", allowing it to soak up the pot hole infested side roads round here.

Also a 250M can fly down dirt raods whereas a 300F would struggle.

I'd buy the CRF over the 300F (in fact I may just buy a CRF in a few months time), lots more potential for off-road fun and surprisingly good in the city. I find the riding position and balance of the CRF good even in busy Bangkok traffic, and it's fine with a passenger too (although a little uncomfortable for the person on the back, given the thin seat).

I'd buy the CRF over the 300F (in fact I may just buy a CRF in a few months time), lots more potential for off-road fun and surprisingly good in the city. I find the riding position and balance of the CRF good even in busy Bangkok traffic, and it's fine with a passenger too (although a little uncomfortable for the person on the back, given the thin seat).

I've got one of these fitted to mine (250M) - much wider and 10 X more cumfy than the original seat:

post-95864-0-20247000-1438996289_thumb.j

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/Honda-CRF250L-2012-15/p/15889818

Edited by properperson

• 2 months later...

Anyone know any shops that have CRF250Ms in stock? Preferably newest model? Now and then I've seen old (maybe 2013) ones in shops, but still with an 'as new' price.

I'm not really interested in handing over money to order one and not knowing how long I'm going to wait...

Anyone know any shops that have CRF250Ms in stock? Preferably newest model? Now and then I've seen old (maybe 2013) ones in shops, but still with an 'as new' price.

I'm not really interested in handing over money to order one and not knowing how long I'm going to wait...

post-95864-0-58596800-1444408405_thumb.j

[ pic ]

That looks just like one I saw for sale in Hua Hin about a year ago, very nice.

[ pic ]

That looks just like one I saw for sale in Hua Hin about a year ago, very nice.

Have sent you a PM - darkian......