Pics of car accidents in Phuket

Bogan Koori

I thought it might be an idea for people to post pics of accidents around the island. I was actually on my bike today after training trying to get a photo of a bar girl next to me on her bike... when I saw these 2 Russians get sconned by some drunk Pom. Here is the result. It's just at the entrance to Tiger Muay Thai street.

post-228178-14208178521365_thumb.jpg

Not Phuket , but ...

Oh my..

That makes my skin crawl.

Quite scary, but not near as bad as the car that got squashed (and I mean really squashed) against the concrete barrier by the runaway bus at the corner after the wat on Prybarami.

I can still see that unfortunate drivers arm hanging out of the window.

• Like 1

I thought it might be an idea for people to post pics of accidents around the island. I was actually on my bike today after training trying to get a photo of a bar girl next to me on her bike... when I saw these 2 Russians get sconned by some drunk Pom. Here is the result. It's just at the entrance to Tiger Muay Thai street.

Did you get off your bike and go ask what nationality they all were, with your breathalyzer in tow ?

Must admit, an elaboration on how BK sussed an intoxicated Brit driver would have been helpful. Given he was at traffic lights, I'm assuming there wasn't a great deal of time for BK to conduct an investigation to come to that conclusion.

• Like 1

Did you get off your bike and go ask what nationality they all were, with your breathalyzer in tow ?

Must admit, an elaboration on how BK sussed an intoxicated Brit driver would have been helpful. Given he was at traffic lights, I'm assuming there wasn't a great deal of time for BK to conduct an investigation to come to that conclusion.

Since when do TVF readers need time to reach a conclusion?

• Like 2

Possible he stopped to render assistance. How do you come to the conclusion he didn't? A picture is just a moment in time.

Possible he stopped to render assistance. How do you come to the conclusion he didn't? A picture is just a moment in time.

As I said, BK was definitive in the nationality of the car driver, and his over indulgence in alcohol. How did BK reach that conclusion? I'm not concluding that he didn't stop to assist, which is different than assuming that he didn't. Simply asking for an explanation of his comments.

I talked to the Brit and he said he was smashed on whisky. The Russians were just Russians. And no as much as I couldn't think of anything else I would rather be. I am not a volunteer policeman

I do not want to see pictures of accidents now even here in TV.

it is sick enough to see those pictures (and the smashed bodies of the victims!!!) in the Thai papers and on TV. We all know bad accidents happen everywhere and we don't need proof of that in form of sick pictures with no respect for the deceased, like the ones taken by Indonesians and posted on social networks of the victims of the AirAsia crash.

STOP IT !!! sad.png

• Like 1

At least he is wearing a helmet.

Can't say much about his dress code. He is one piece of clothing away from being naked.

And flip flops? Lucky he is walking with all his toes.

Looks like his view of traffic was blocked by all those signs ! Does not Phuket control advertising signs placed all over the island ? bet they're not paying advertising tax on them !

@ Loptr

I've noticed a lot of dashcam type devices in the windscreens of cars lately. Also, those "Go Pro" type cameras.

I saw a guy the other day with one of them attached to the very top of his helmet.

Video evidence could save you a lot of money, and possibly from going to gaol, in these situations.

Edited by NamKangMan

I talked to the Brit and he said he was smashed on whisky. The Russians were just Russians. And no as much as I couldn't think of anything else I would rather be. I am not a volunteer policeman

You should not post things here that are negative about Brits, there are too many on the forum and you will get crucified. The all consider themselves angels, seen them defending a guy who did a hit and run while if a Thai did the same it would have been a long bashing thread.

@ Loptr

I've noticed a lot of dashcam type devices in the windscreens of cars lately. Also, those "Go Pro" type cameras.

I saw a guy the other day with one of them attached to the very top of his helmet.

Video evidence could save you a lot of money, and possibly from going to gaol, in these situations.

Got a good one mounted in the car.. need to find something for the bike.. but a go pro on my head is not a good idea. Problem with bike mounted stuff is it can get stolen easily unless you take it off all the time.

@ Loptr

Got a good one mounted in the car.. need to find something for the bike.. but a go pro on my head is not a good idea. Problem with bike mounted stuff is it can get stolen easily unless you take it off all the time.

If he pulled to the kerb near where I was walking, I would have approached him and enquired about it, but he just rode past.

He must have a detachable mount. The mount is permantently attached to the helmet somehow, and he takes the camera off the helmet everytime he parks. This would also allow the helmet to fit under the seat.

From ontop of the helmet, and with a wide angle lens, he would have everything covered.

Probaby a good investment.

Here's a classic one... Draw your own conclusions as to who was at fault...

See the solid white line that the bike rode straight through, that means stop and give way :) So the Thai was right even when he was right...

The Thai was right...IMHO

I always slow down or stop at that intersection,

And the camera footage clearly shows the Thai guy stopped and proceded at low speed and the motorbike was traveling to fast to stop. I do not believe the Police would side with the farang after seeing that video..

What an idiot posting videos like this....

• Like 1