Video impressions of Thailand

asiantraveler1

When I'm on holiday in Thailand besides making pictures I also try to shoot some videos. Most of the time these are just impressions of a few minutes maximum. I like to share some of these videos on this forum.

Some videos will be of tourist places and therefore familiar for most people, other movies a bit less.

Let's start with a video of a small village just outside of Khorat. Driving around with the scooter you get a good impression in just a few hours.

http://youtu.be/e0_jxgf3Nlc

• Like 1

Travel by train through Thailand is a lot of fun, certainly when you travel 3rd class. Open windows, the breeze and curious Thai people make it a nice trip. Unfortunately 3rd class lacks comfort so I only like to travel short distances.

This video is shot during a trip from Udon Thani to Nong Kai. A ticket was about 12 bht and the trip takes 50 minutes. On the way there's a nice scenery of rice paddies with small houses, birds and buffalo's moving through the bushes looking for food.

Udon Thani is a large city while Non Kai is a village nested on the banks of the mekong. It has a nice boulevard with views of Laos on the other side of the river.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the north of Bangkok, near the old airport Don Mueang, there is a small island in the Chao Praya river called Koh Kret. During the week it is quiet but in the weekends many Thai visit the island. It has the familiar food stalls and the advantage is that there are no cars.
You can rent bicycles to explore the island or just sit down at a restaurant and enjoy the view.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Lamai centre near surrounded by beer bars there is a boxing ring. Every saturday night fights are held. Although the boxing is more acting it's still nice to see. With a cold drink and some snacks you can watch the match. There's no cover charge but eventually someone will drop by to ask for a small donation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the north side of Koh Phangan lies Bottle beach. It's a secluded beach which can be reached from Chaloklum by long tail boat. The beach itself has some bungalows and the surroundings are amazing. Besides swimming and relaxing you can climb up to the viewpoint. The path starts just behind the bungalows and will bring you to about 250 meters height. Amazing views of the bay and Koh tao.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok. The airport for international arrivals and departures. It's a large airport and to my opinion also very nice. Some time ago it hit the news due to long waiting times at customs but also for possible scamming with cigarettes at the local shops.

Anyhow I like the place, specially after landing wink.png

https://youtu.be/AIRUEtGijTc

• Like 1

A visit to one of the Bangkok rooftop bars is always worth the effort. Try to be present just before sunset to enjoy it and the magnificent views.

The below vid is made at above eleven which is on top of Fraser suites. No need to have a reservation but it can be quite busy.

• Like 1