Should Beyonce wear a safety helmet in LOS? Is she a Role Model?

redandyellow

1. Do you think Beyonce, and erstwhile Sidekick JZ knew, or even cared, that Thailand is the #1 most dangerous country in the world for motorcycles? ***

***In May 2012, the British newspaper "The Guardian" published a story that ranked Thailand the number one most dangerous country in the world for motorcycle casualties and fatalities, per 100,000 population.

2. Why didn't they bother wearing safety head gear in Thailand... Are they too cool? They were in Phuket, not Chiang Rai..bah.gif

No one expects her sidekick to wear one..but the world-famous, superstar role singer?

Is she a role model? Should she be?

I mean, getting killed in Thailand could put a dent in her career, and her friendship with Mrs. Obama's husband..

The other theory is... they learned Thai culture darned quickthumbsup.gif

post-169825-0-21607100-1420937219_thumb.

post-169825-0-99758500-1420937258_thumb.

post-169825-0-00635600-1420937280_thumb.

post-169825-0-32901300-1420937747_thumb.

She can afford the 200 baht fine...

But could Thailand afford more tarnish on its tourism, if she'd been killed, riding without a helmet in Phuket?

My bpen rai?

I think it would go viral, and make big face-loss, on the front page of virtually every paper in the world.. I can see the Headlines..

" Beyonce Killed in Thailand, JZ Survives Crash"

There, script written

• Like 1

But could Thailand afford more tarnish on its tourism, if she'd been killed, riding without a helmet in Phuket?

My bpen rai?

I think it would go viral, and make big face-loss, on the front page of virtually every paper in the world.. I can see the Headlines..

There, script written

My bpen rai?

There, script written

Beyonce (totally pissed) Killed in Thailand...sounds more interesting...

This is a wind up... right !

That wasn't the intent of the post - if you or I, or any TV member dies in Thailand, no one gives a s---- A big celebrity victim may tip the scales, it would go VIRAL worldwide - on the abysmal safety on Thai roadways..

Thai authorities would be forced to act..

Remember, the Koh Tao murders were not Viral - most people are still ignorant of dangers for tourists in Thailand

Beyonce goes on that list - that surprises me, it shouldn't though..

My bpen rai?

There, script written

Beyonce (totally pissed) Killed in Thailand...sounds more interesting...

Beyonce, mysterious death on Koh Tao .........

She's not a role model and she shouldn't wear a helmet. Nobody should wear a helmet. People who don't want to die, wear a helmet. People who have total disregard for their own life, don't wear a helmet.

Edited by A1Str8
  • Like 1

It's a US thing, think Anglia Jolie and Brad Pitt did the same up in Cambodia 2-3 years ago. US helmet laws are almost like the US gun laws, your choice, giving you freedom, never mind all the dead.

Now Neverdie, you know them right?

She's not a role model and she shouldn't wear a helmet. Nobody should wear a helmet. People who don't want to die, wear a helmet. People who have total disregard for their own life, don't wear a helmet.

I'd argue that anyone with a total disregard for their life buy large bikes and go well over the speed limit - suicide in this country. Going at 20 km/h on a Honda wave is ok with no helmet. As much chance getting killed on a bicycle.

That is the most intelligent sentence I have read about wearing or not a helmet biggrin.png

...so yes I wear a helmet 100% of the time even thought ''it is no so cool''

It's a US thing, think Anglia Jolie and Brad Pitt did the same up in Cambodia 2-3 years ago. US helmet laws are almost like the US gun laws, your choice, giving you freedom, never mind all the dead.

Now Neverdie, you know them right?

Each State has its own laws.

Mine says that everyone under 18 (and everyone with a novice license which lasts for the first year) must wear a helmet and eye protection. Other than that you're on your own to decide what is good.

Of course my State also has organ donor "endorsement" available for the licenses, so it's not all bad.

Ahh you know how vain Chicks can be. not sure what is worse riding side saddle or no helmet. That said I often don't wear a helmet around the Moo Ban here. But I don't care to have to be a role model in this country for anything!

Maybe Thailand could become the hub of no-talent celebrities killed. I could nominate a few.

It already is. Don't you ever watch Thai TV or films? Worse still, have you heard homogenous recycled Thai 'pop' songs or see those hideous 'talent' shows on TV?

The Law is The Law.

So sad that this woman and her boyfriend, hanger-on or whatever choose to flout it.

Can't understand why so many foreigners come here and decide to ride a motor-bike in one of the most dangerous places in the world to do so and then decide to risk having their heads smashed by not wearing a helmet.

Very RUDE people with an obvious lack of decent breeding.

Who is she ?

Going from the picture, a black bird with a big ass. Nothing different from the others then.

Yeah, although it looked in the picture like she had a Honda Click caught in her crack. biggrin.png

I think it's JZ that has the crack problem...whistling.gif