‘Mafia island’: From paradise to bloodshed

Lite Beer

Excuse me, If it is that bad then the Army needs to go down and clean-up the place, feed to bad ones to the sharks or deep six them. The world does not need bad guys !!

The bad news is that the guy in charge of the "investigation" was handpicked by the army.....................

CoNP Khun Somyot was given his position by General Prayut..........

The problem in Thailand is, that the supposedly good guys are the bad guys!!

• Like 1

Koh tao is a beautyful place with 1 mio visitor coming every year with in total 12 fatality in 2014 incl accident and homocuid and suicide

So do the math that nothing

On the phollipones on 2014 more than 300 tourist lost their live just in manila not the 7000 islands with ransome kidnapping incl

Ouzo or Vodka is it?

I'm having great difficulty deciphering between you and Costas. giggle.gif

• Like 2

Many places around the world will have death people on their holiday

Things happen everywhere cologne moskwa new york rio tokyo bangkok jakarta

Very true, but in those places the local police would try to solve the crime, instead of arresting two scapegoats to protect "influential" people!!

Makes a hell of a difference!!

• Like 2

Waiting for the poster Islandlife to leap to the defense of Death Island....... His knee jerk

responses to anything negative about Kho Tao can be quite amusing.

He will join as soon as the diving-lesson is finished...............coffee1.gif

This won't slow down tourism there.

How many check for sinister news stories when booking a ticket?

You're kidding, right?

Nope.

The only reason I know is from being a member here. How did you find out?

Stories like this don't even make the news in most countries.

Plenty of murders happen in Thailand, it's not these things that stop tourists. You stop and think to keep your wits about you perhaps, but still holiday there.

Let's see how tourist numbers drop from this particular case.

According to people i know on the island they've already plummeted. Its big news in the UK and it continues on social media as do other incidences that look suspicious.

In the age of social media things are very different, for good or bad.

I hope you're right. However, I spoke to a travel agent who has been in the business for over 15 years and she saw no reduction in requests for Koh Tao.

The police chief better be really careful.

The last police chief that implicated locals was transferred and replaced the next day.

He was promoted, as was scheduled to happen before the murders happened. But why let facts get on the way of a good story?

• Like 1

You're kidding, right?

Nope.

Plenty of murders happen in Thailand, it's not these things that stop tourists. You stop and think to keep your wits about you perhaps, but still holiday there.

The backpacking community talk a lot. The word in all the hostels around S E Asia is avoid Koh Tao when you are in Thailand.

Yes. Do not underestimate the power of the pleb social media. Keep spreading the word. If we save one life it will be worth it, won't it?

What is worrying is that other Thais elsewhere in Thailand are surely learning how easy it is to kill westerners.

That's always been a worry....these killer types are not learning....they've already learnt how simple it is and that the cops don't care!

The police chief better be really careful.

The last police chief that implicated locals was transferred and replaced the next day.

He was promoted, as was scheduled to happen before the murders happened. But why let facts get on the way of a good story?

Because that's how Mohammed Love works.

He's full of misinformation

• Like 1

What is worrying is that other Thais elsewhere in Thailand are surely learning how easy it is to kill westerners.

That's always been a worry....these killer types are not learning....they've already learnt how simple it is and that the cops don't care!

Interesting point... So the up country farangs should sleep with one eye open,

and the city farangs should send emails to their families saying how happy

they are, and would never ever commit suicide..... :-)

K Samui is a mafia controlled island - who in turn are under the wing of Suratthani's mafia. They have a totally different mind-set to the K Tao animals though. Sure there's been a couple of murders over the decades but mostly it's a safe place where the mafia understand that apart from coconuts, tourism is it's biggest income stream and they do try to protect that income stream, as opposed to murdering it. Most tourists, if not all, don't even know there's a mafia there.

• Like 2

You're kidding, right?

Nope.

According to people i know on the island they've already plummeted. Its big news in the UK and it continues on social media as do other incidences that look suspicious.

In the age of social media things are very different, for good or bad.

Tourism numbers would be plummeting all over Thailand this time of year.

The Christmas holiday crowd are all going home.

How many stopped flying with air Asia? Not many right?