Master Poll: Police bribery scandals drop after NCPO arrival

Lite Beer

I dont think it has changed they have just changed there MO for collection, now called donations in envelopes for the temples same route new cover, until real jail time and assets taken nothing will change. Everyone knows how a person on 30,000 bht a month can affored a 4 million bht housegiggle.gifcheesy.gif

I personally feel that bribery among traffic police has went down quite a bit due to the fact that many are afraid of being filmed accepting it, that would mean the end to their career and shame on the national level.

No. They are not afraid to be filmed.

The real reason is Prayuth 12 Thainese value that has gone into their brain and heart.

Thank you Prayuth 3 times.

Hmmmm......i wonder if they got permission from the RTP from Koh Tao,

the "influnentual headsmen and Nomsod" from Koh Tao,

and the Thong Lor police to release this information.

Edited by Alan653

More nonsense from the Ministry of Propaganda!!

And the 12 "core values" are mentioned in every second sentence now!!

JOC, have you learned the 12 core values?

OK.......I'll recite them for you......just in case.......

1. Upholding the three main pillars: the Nation, the Religion, and the Monarchy;

2. Being honest, sacrificial and patient, with positive attitude for the common good of the public;

3. Being grateful to the parents, guardians and teachers;

4. Seeking for knowledge and education directly and indirectly;

5. Treasuring cherished Thai traditions;

6. Maintaining morality, integrity, well-wishes upon others as well as being generous and sharing;

7. Understanding, learning the true essence of democratic ideals, with His Majesty the King as Head of State;

8. Maintaining discipline, respectful of laws and the elderly and seniority;

9. Being conscious and mindful of action in line with His Majesty’s the King’s royal statements;

10. Applying His Majesty the King’s Sufficiency Economy, saving money for time of need, being moderate with surplus for sharing or expansion of business while having good immunity;

11. Maintaining both physical and mental health and unyielding to the dark force or desires, having sense of shame over guilt and sins in accordance with the religious principles;

12. Putting the public and national interest before personal interest.

No. 9 and Submarines, ???

• Like 1

Hitler had Goebbels and his Ministry of Propaganda, Prayuth and the junta have the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association (TRICHA).http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/

Oh please.

I suspect you didn't look at the link. TRICHA is clearly a propaganda tool set up shortly before the coup.

Hitler had Goebbels and his Ministry of Propaganda, Prayuth and the junta have the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association (TRICHA).http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/

The Ministry of TRUTH.

Another good analogy, though "1984" is a touchy subject under the junta http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/asia/thailand/11090565/Sandwich-eating-and-1984-8-things-that-can-get-you-arrested-in-Thailand.html.

The 12 core values are much like the commandments - use them as basic guidelines only, it's not like they're set in stone.

Guidelines??

When questioning 4 of them publicly could end you in jail!!

A little more than guidelines I would say!!

Master Poll: Police bribery scandals drop after NCPO arrival

As for the level of corruption in the Thai society, 37.4 percent of the respondents said the current corruption problem is not that critical, whereas 21.3 percent said the problem is quite serious. The rest think the situation is very grave.

Spin happens in every country.

The reality is 100 - 37.4 - 21.3 = 41.3

41.3% think the corruption problem is very grave.

41.3 + 21.3 = 62.6% think the corruption problem is very grave or quite serious.

Add to this figure the 37.4% of respondents who said the current corruption problem is not that critical and you get 100% who acknowledge that there is a corruption problem, which is no surprise

I think 100% makes a much more eye catching headline.

Oh please.

I suspect you didn't look at the link. TRICHA is clearly a propaganda tool set up shortly before the coup.

I did. (yawn) Every govt regime on the planet has its public relations department. Its propagandists. Its "press secretaries". Its speech writers. Nowadays their "information websites". Their polls & their assessments. Even military units all have public affairs officers (PAOs). TRICHA isn't playing any tricks all the others don't play. One-sided, unscientific, slanted polls. Spokesmen who hide behind internet anonymity or aren't what they're pretending to be. It's all about spin. 'Always will be as long as humans are involved. Nothing new, or even out of the ordinary here. It certainly doesn't make them Nazis FPS. People engage in such wild & lame name-calling when they have nothing better to offer.

If you want to find fault with the current govt, you're going to have to come up with something a little more damning than that. If you want to call them Nazis, something MUCH better than that!

"As for the level of corruption in the Thai society, 37.4 percent of the respondents said the current corruption problem is not that critical, whereas 21.3 percent said the problem is quite serious. The rest think the situation is very grave"

The rest of the population being the biggest percentage of people at 42.3% but that would ruin the softer figures for the "not critical" and possibly make thais sound more corruptblink.png

If one were to take any value out of the polls it is with the 42.3% and 21.3% combined that's approx. two thirds saying that corruption is a problem. Compared to a few years ago (under a Shinawatra government) two thirds were accepting corruption as acceptable if they gained. Somewhere in there is some swing but it is just how many of the two thirds saying corruption is a problem still have that believe if it is at their gain. Whatever it is there is some gain...hail to Prayuth and the 12 enlightenment s...smile.png

Oh please.

I did. (yawn) Every govt regime on the planet has its public relations department. Its propagandists. Its "press secretaries". Its speech writers. Nowadays their "information websites". Their polls & their assessments. Even military units all have public affairs officers (PAOs). TRICHA isn't playing any tricks all the others don't play. One-sided, unscientific, slanted polls. Spokesmen who hide behind internet anonymity or aren't what they're pretending to be. It's all about spin. 'Always will be as long as humans are involved. Nothing new, or even out of the ordinary here. It certainly doesn't make them Nazis FPS. People engage in such wild & lame name-calling when they have nothing better to offer.

If you want to find fault with the current govt, you're going to have to come up with something a little more damning than that. If you want to call them Nazis, something MUCH better than that!

"Every govt regime on the planet has its public relations department. Its propagandists. Its "press secretaries". Its speech writers. Nowadays their "information websites". Their polls & their assessments. Even military units all have public affairs officers (PAOs)."

Yes, but governments generally acknowledge these people and organizations work for the government. They don't start a "Research" business the week before an "unplanned" coup and pretend its independent.

"If you want to call them Nazis, something MUCH better than that!"

I didn't call them Nazis, I drew a comparison about the blatant propaganda employed by both regimes.

"If you want to find fault with the current govt, you're going to have to come up with something a little more damning than that."

Now that would be a long post, and a very long post if it weren't for the government mandated censorship.

• Like 1

"Every govt regime on the planet has its public relations department. Its propagandists. Its "press secretaries". Its speech writers. Nowadays their "information websites". Their polls & their assessments. Even military units all have public affairs officers (PAOs)."

Yes, but governments generally acknowledge these people and organizations work for the government. They don't start a "Research" business the week before an "unplanned" coup and pretend its independent.

I didn't call them Nazis, I drew a comparison about the blatant propaganda employed by both regimes.

"If you want to find fault with the current govt, you're going to have to come up with something a little more damning than that."

Now that would be a long post, and a very long post if it weren't for the government mandated censorship.

Lol. Like there's any shortage of critical posting on this forum WRT the current government, its motives, its failings, and its perceived patronage. You're just taking a cheap shot.

Every time they do a survey it is always with these community leaders. Same people and the results are always the same showing how good the junta is. I think it is all rubbish and propaganda. I conducted a poll last night with a group of women with no association to myself. I asked these ladies in the bar who thinks I am a hansum man. The results were staggering 100%. Some may argue that I polled a selected audience and the results were known prior.

• Like 2

Lol. Like there's any shortage of critical posting on this forum WRT the current government, its motives, its failings, and its perceived patronage. You're just taking a cheap shot.

There also is no shortage of people who rave about what great things the junta does, though their numbers seem to be dwindling.

To a junta enthusiast it was a cheap shot. To informed people it was a statement of the obvious. To people seeking information it offered perspective.

There also is no shortage of people who rave about what great things the junta does, though their numbers seem to be dwindling.

To a junta enthusiast it was a cheap shot. To informed people it was a statement of the obvious. To people seeking information it offered perspective.

True, true, everybody seeking information.

Just from the 12th with the BBC quoting David Cameron saying

"There should be no "means of communication" which "we cannot read", he said."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-30778424