Am I being unreasonable ?

If someone put 25,000 km on my car in under six months without asking they would be buying the car if they liked it or not

To call that taking the piss is a understatement ...insult would be more correct

I would phone your sister in law up and personally tell her she is a first prize piss taker that has pushed to far !!!!!

Call her out ....do not take this on the chin

and how would you enforce your tough guy stance??

By telephoning the sister in law up and telling her truth

I would not call that a (tough guy stance)

More like Standing up for myself and not letting people take me for a muppet

Especially from a ignorant thai sister in law or family member

I have had it all in over 20 years of coming to Thailand

And I learned a long time ago to let nothing slip with any thai ...they will take you for a fool

And they will royally give it to you up the ass if you let them

well youve explained how youre gonna pretend to be a tough guy but you havent told me how youre gonna force them to buy the car. talks cheap. I'm all ears.

• Like 1

Before moving to Thailand for good the in-laws always looked after my stuff including a pickup and motorbike. Apart from running the engine now and again to keep the battery good they never ever took them outside the house. Maybe I'm lucky and if the opportunity happened to me I'd be very pee'd off.

I went to the UK for three months during the 2011 floods, I left my car and motorbike and did not leave any instructions apart from starting them up occasionally, I did not even check the mileages. I have no reason to believe either of them were moved, and would not have bothered as long as there was no damage done.

• Like 1

OP stop whingin about your bloody hose mate you got a car a missus and a house and probly a pension so what your family borrows your second car stop been a selfish farang.

Man, you have a verry hard life, don't you?

Every post you make screams anger, so why don't you get a life.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

OP stop whingin about your bloody hose mate you got a car a missus and a house and probly a pension so what your family borrows your second car stop been a selfish farang.

Man, you have a verry hard life, don't you?

Every post you make screams anger, so why don't you get a life.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He's still looking for one....................facepalm.gif

• Like 2

If someone put 25,000 km on my car in under six months without asking they would be buying the car if they liked it or not

To call that taking the piss is a understatement ...insult would be more correct

I would phone your sister in law up and personally tell her she is a first prize piss taker that has pushed to far !!!!!

I have to agree. Thats 5,000 K per month the car was driven, pretty substantial. I would blow off the other item she borrowed, it's minor. However I would make an issue over the car. Having said that don't expect to be compensated and do expect to look like the bad guy. I understand about things being communal in Thailand etc but at a certain point your being played and have to intervene.
  • Like 1

You have anything in Thailand not bolted down its gone. Family thinks its there for family use/take.

Since my accident the things that has gone missing is unbelievable. Where is my hosepipe/small truck/large mixing tub/drill/spanners.

Papa take says the wife tell him bring back. What a joke nothing has come back, cannot upset papa, no but can upset me!!!

• Like 1

Just use her car for a good few months for every single tiny little journey, caning it wherever possible and generally treating it just like they probably did to his.

They will be fine about it - it's called 'karma'.

Or shout and scream at her in the street.

• Like 1

And I learned a long time ago to let nothing slip with any thai ...they will take you for a fool

well youve explained how youre gonna pretend to be a tough guy but you havent told me how youre gonna force them to buy the car. talks cheap. I'm all ears.

I do not need to pretend to be a tough guy ...unlike you getting wide behind a keyboard ?

How about how I explained ...by telling her to her face that she has taken the piss

And demanding financial recourse ....not hard in my world

Getting a thai to pay is another thing but I would not have gave a thai a chance to turn me over

All ears ....more like all lip ...

Now drift off and be cantankerous with someone else ...

I'm bored replying to you

• Like 1

25.000 km in 5 months means the car has been used for business, and you should therefore get part of the profit, or at least rent. You never will of course, but you can use that as an argument when you tell your wife, which you should, that her sister is very disrespectful and cannot borrow anything else in the future.

Does he need to tell you anything at all?

In my experience, anything that is around and not perceived as being in use currently is fair game here. This doesn't just relate to foreigners. On the flipside, I have had Thais offer up insane things for me to use or just take, even though I said no. Everything is pretty much communal. If you don't want it being used, lock it up. End of story.

Before moving to Thailand for good the in-laws always looked after my stuff including a pickup and motorbike. Apart from running the engine now and again to keep the battery good they never ever took them outside the house. Maybe I'm lucky and if the opportunity happened to me I'd be very pee'd off.

Extremely lucky.

You'd be in that 1% minority.

I hear ya TS, but don't try waste your time replying to some.

They just love taking it as per your last line. Another form of bondage!!!

These types are the backbone of why farangs get ridden into the ground.

Do as a Thai guy would deal with it.

well to be able to do that, you'd need to be the boss of the house, the one who has set and wears the pants.

Now is it any wonder why the sh!te happens mostly to farangs in Thailand????

It was not nice what the OP's sister in law did, taking the her full entitlement, but start with the wife who had a hand in it by allowing it all to happen.

She had as much to do with it. Only happened after OP left, how bloody convenient.

The thought went through my gray cells that "family" were doing stuff............

Sorry been off grid for a bit, not good for an OP, apology WS. Also alot of good stuff & advice.

Ok, wife & sister often argue & don't speak until sister wants something, so wife not bothered if I lose my rag with sister. Once again, she lived in Switzerland for 20 years, so as far as I am concerned she understands ferang land.

So, jet wash returned, money for service paid & key to house returned & I have banned sister from house.

This will be until she wants something again !

• Like 2

stop trolling..you happy for selfish lazy parasites to abuse a member of the family just because hes a farang....grow up...

• Like 1

Sorry been off grid for a bit, not good for an OP, apology WS. Also alot of good stuff & advice.

Ok, wife & sister often argue & don't speak until sister wants something, so wife not bothered if I lose my rag with sister. Once again, she lived in Switzerland for 20 years, so as far as I am concerned she understands ferang land.

So, jet wash returned, money for service paid & key to house returned & I have banned sister from house.

This will be until she wants something again !

no you ban her for good let her learn the lesson..tell her to ponce off another member of the family....good luck mate...

• Like 1

Thought you might show up............coffee1.gif

You beat me to it. It's a wonder it's sober enough to find the keys on the PC.

• Like 1