Am I being unreasonable ?

With all due respect...when you marry a Thai...what was yours becomes part to the extended Thai families...they will beg, borrow, and steal...never expect to pay anything back...or take responsibility for maintenance or upkeep...and become somewhat taken-back...when a farang complains...

I meet one of my friends this last weekend. He and his wife are just back after 9 months working back in Europe. They employed the BIL to take care of the cars (2cars, start and run the engines once a week ), look after the house and garden and so on and also to drive them to the airport and pick them up. They payed him 30,000Baht a month and did let him plant sugar cane on their 20rai for this...

His BIL didn't come to pick them up at the airport and when they arrived home the garden looked like hell, the cars didn't start (one looked like it been hit by another car) and the house is now not livable until it's sanitized/repaired because of mold and damages (36sqm teak floor, inner sealing on two floors, electrical wiring, furniture, electronics, cloths and so on) thanks to a branch from a tree falling true the roof and letting the rain in. That is how much "care" they got for paying the BIL 270,000Baht!

That is family life - - One day I came home and my bathroom scale was gone - my wife's sister took it and my wife let her. Nobody was standing on it and they have never seen me use it - when i asked for it back, they gave it back - no problem… that is what goes on in families - if the other way around, she would not have minded at all...

10 years - similar -

I did not lock my underwear and trousers,

but by luck, Grandfather have same size;

my wife denied that he wearing my shorts with the mercedes logo, #i bought just last visit;

My wife explained to me, I never bought such a short!

Solution:

I went 7/11 and bought a waterproff dress marker !

I buy a new underwear, my logo is on;

Same like you do with longhorns in Texas !

Today Grand asked me, if I can unlock my electric cutter when I go back to Europe;

All is a teachuing process,

by the way - I dont need any more a garbage bin for my old warn-out dresses now;

Raising a giant fuss and yelling at family is useless at best and dangerous maybe. Just deduct the highest value (like 1/6 of the value of the car and full value of sprayer from the support you give your wife and family. So that would be a full year of some normal support. Tell her to get her spending money from her sister.

You should balance the account, but tantrums not going to help

OP stop whingin about your bloody hose mate you got a car a missus and a house and probly a pension so what your family borrows your second car stop been a selfish farang.

Thought you might show up............coffee1.gif

You beat me to it. It's a wonder it's sober enough to find the keys on the PC.

He can't, he's still pissed from yesterday .. he probably just woke up

and what about driving the car without insurance,as they did not have permission to use it the insurance would be invalidted and what about twocing taking without the owners consent ,grow some balls get the police involved,i bet they wont do it again

and what about driving the car without insurance,as they did not have permission to use it the insurance would be invalidted and what about twocing taking without the owners consent ,grow some balls get the police involved,i bet they wont do it again

'get the police involved'

what a silly suggestion ... good way to split up the whole family and the OP divorce. All for a borrowed car and a jet washer ... glad I'm not your wife .. :-)

Edited by steven100

After being here 30 years I would have to say that you would be foolish or unrealistic to not realise this would happen. However, unreasonable, not at all. Its worth considering too that if you stand your ground that you will may well p of the wife as well as the sister and that wont be pretty.

Put it down to experience and be prepared, make provision for the next time you go away.

Well, I don't know what is right but I am married to a Thai and my wife said, its family and she would not say anything. She said 98% of Thai people would not say anything. You are living in Thailand so I think you might have to just eat this one. Your wife will not be able to live with that.

10 years - similar -

my wife denied that he wearing my shorts with the mercedes logo, #i bought just last visit;

Solution:

Today Grand asked me, if I can unlock my electric cutter when I go back to Europe;

by the way - I dont need any more a garbage bin for my old warn-out dresses now;

I know that feeling!!

I have problem finding shoes (I need size EU 48 or US14). I went with some friends (Thai) to Ayutthaya and the Ecco outlet shop, there I found some nice shoes and sandals. I forgot the bag (tired after a whole day trip from 6am to 8pm) with the shoes in my friends car when they dropped me of at my place. They called me about 30 min later and told me that the shoes was at their house so I just said that ok I will get them next time. Two weeks later I went to their house and the first thing I did see was my friends father wearing MY NEW sandals walking around in the new plowed field. He told me that they were very good... he didn't sink so deep in the mud as they were SOOO BIG! At that I point I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, not because I'm living here on a 30,000Baht/month salary so losing a pair of sandals for over 3000Baht hurts financially but because it was the first pair of sandals in size 48 I found living here for 3 years!

Edited by Kasset Tak

With all due respect...when you marry a Thai...what was yours becomes part to the extended Thai families...they will beg, borrow, and steal...never expect to pay anything back...or take responsibility for maintenance or upkeep...and become somewhat taken-back...when a farang complains...

[/quote

With all due respect,that is bs.

Edited by louse1953

I meet one of my friends this last weekend. He and his wife are just back after 9 months working back in Europe. They employed the BIL to take care of the cars (2cars, start and run the engines once a week ), look after the house and garden and so on and also to drive them to the airport and pick them up. They payed him 30,000Baht a month and did let him plant sugar cane on their 20rai for this...

His BIL didn't come to pick them up at the airport and when they arrived home the garden looked like hell, the cars didn't start (one looked like it been hit by another car) and the house is now not livable until it's sanitized/repaired because of mold and damages (36sqm teak floor, inner sealing on two floors, electrical wiring, furniture, electronics, cloths and so on) thanks to a branch from a tree falling true the roof and letting the rain in. That is how much "care" they got for paying the BIL 270,000Baht!

F... me,they can hire me for that,and i will take care.

10 years - similar -

Solution:

I know that feeling!!

I have problem finding shoes (I need size EU 48 or US14). I went with some friends (Thai) to Ayutthaya and the Ecco outlet shop, there I found some nice shoes and sandals. I forgot the bag (tired after a whole day trip from 6am to 8pm) with the shoes in my friends car when they dropped me of at my place. They called me about 30 min later and told me that the shoes was at their house so I just said that ok I will get them next time. Two weeks later I went to their house and the first thing I did see was my friends father wearing MY NEW sandals walking around in the new plowed field. He told me that they were very good... he didn't sink so deep in the mud as they were SOOO BIG! At that I point I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, not because I'm living here on a 30,000Baht/month salary so losing a pair of sandals for over 3000Baht hurts financially but because it was the first pair of sandals in size 48 I found living here for 3 years!

Well done,38 years and still haven't found any.Have to bring my footwear with me.Piss's me off when somebody wanders off with mine from the front door,cos i can't fit into any of their's.

I would be royally pissed for sure and demand compensation, especially if the other party is not poor. This kind of thing is selfish in the extreme of the sister who has her own car.

I saw my wifes hi-so brother inlaw take toilet rolls out of my place. rolleyes.gif

And no, I did not ferk the guy over it......karma did it for me........Long story......thumbsup.gif

. We need Details , Details...