ED 90 Day Exstension Report

Just in case anybody thinks that I am making up the whole 3 months given to me then here is proof. Also I went looking like I do in the picture because of my 3 broken teeth, maybe the mask helped him not want to converse in some way, so maybe try wearing a mask next time you guys an gals go tongue.png

post-216306-0-07436300-1421038368_thumb.

post-216306-0-87914700-1421038421_thumb.

No reason to doubt you.

Bangkok is the only office that is a giving 60 day extensions. I have not seen a report of any other office doing it.

Why is it only happening in Bangkok? I swear that I read somebody from Pattaya stating it also. My school also is still going with 2 days of lessons a week amounting to 4 hours, none of this 8 hour business being talked about, then again it could be different from place to place.

I am just so surprised that at being a 4 year student I was not even quizzed a single bit on my Thai, he just spoke English to me the entire time.

I am sure you don't doubt me but there will be some out there who will, for whatever reason there are some people who bash and automatically dislike someone if they are on an ED, I don't know why..

Edited by monk213

No reason to doubt you.

Bangkok is the only office that is a giving 60 day extensions. I have not seen a report of any other office doing it.

Why is it only happening in Bangkok? I swear that I read somebody from Pattaya stating it also. My school also is still going with 2 days of lessons a week amounting to 4 hours, none of this 8 hour business being talked about, then again it could be different from place to place.

Did the documents your school prepare say you were only studying 4hrs a week?

No reason to doubt you.

Did the documents your school prepare say you were only studying 4hrs a week?

I have no idea, there are so many pages and after 4 years I trust them to be competent enough to sort it out fine enough that I only have to sign where needed and take the documents with me.

No reason to doubt you.

I am just so surprised that at being a 4 year student I was not even quizzed a single bit on my Thai, he just spoke English to me the entire time.

I am sure you don't doubt me but there will be some out there who will, for whatever reason there are some people who bash and automatically dislike someone if they are on an ED, I don't know why..

Hi monk, glad it was plain sailing for you. I had the same experiences with 3 years of ED extensions.

You are right about the bashing. I got fed up with some posters who would say ALL people on ED visas MUST be rorting the system (admittedly SOME are). My plan originally was to come to Thailand and study Thai for 1 year while I decided whether I wanted to stay. I found the language difficult, so I ended up doing 3 years. On a long-stay (retirement) extension now and couldn't be happier. I would readily admit I used the system, but I didn't abuse it....there is a difference.

Anyway, ignore the "holier than thous" as I do, they probably can't speak Thai and are envious. Ignore them and they WILL go away.....as soon as you exit the site!

Cheers!

• Like 1

No reason to doubt you.

Hi monk, glad it was plain sailing for you. I had the same experiences with 3 years of ED extensions.

You are right about the bashing. I got fed up with some posters who would say ALL people on ED visas MUST be rorting the system (admittedly SOME are). My plan originally was to come to Thailand and study Thai for 1 year while I decided whether I wanted to stay. I found the language difficult, so I ended up doing 3 years. On a long-stay (retirement) extension now and couldn't be happier. I would readily admit I used the system, but I didn't abuse it....there is a difference.

Anyway, ignore the "holier than thous" as I do, they probably can't speak Thai and are envious. Ignore them and they WILL go away.....as soon as you exit the site!

Cheers!

You had an easy extension day as well did you, good to hear. Where in Thailand are you residing by the way if you don't mind me asking?

Two things have helped me A LOT with the language outside of the classroom, one is having a girlfriend who barely speaks English so we converse in Thai every day and whenever we talk, the second is simply mingling with Thai locals. I used to, and still do at times head to the beach at night with a few beers and approach a group of Thais who are drinking. There are always groups of them with a guitar or whatever having a good time, and I introduce myself in Thai and politely ask if I can sit and drink with them. I can only remember them saying no once in the 3 or so years I have been doing this. Hua Hin is pretty safe though so I am not worried about a Koh Tao incident.

Those posters who bash ED applicants, they don't annoy me as such, it's just ignorant and comes across as being bitter.It is mainly the retired guys I have found, they will probably be gone in a decade or two, literally.

Monk213, it sounds to me like the immigration officer was asking you questions in English, but you were answering in Thai, and perhaps he realized you knew a lot of Thai, so must have been going to school. Personally being an old retired guy, who can qualify for a non o, and extend it based on either retirement or marriage, I just feel happy I can stay here completely legally and don't have to worry about my visa. I have no problems with anyone who is on any kind of Visa, legitimate or not. If you are truly here on a non o ED, and using it for its proper purpose, I think that's great, if you are using it just so you can stay in the country, I have no problem with that either. I think the Thai government should make it easier for people to live here and contribute. This is the 21st century and more and more jobs are going to have no fixed address, so why not attract those people to live in Thailand, and if they are not actually doing work that affects Thailand, let them be. Maybe call it a non o, and them give them an extension based on having a home here, with the same income requirements as for a retirement extension.

• Like 1

What does it mean when you speak Thai and he speaks English? Is that not a subtle way of the IO saying "Your embarrassing yourself, just speak English"?

I wasn't embarrassed, quite the opposite in fact. I only spoke when I was spoken to and he didn't speak much anyway. What would it look like as a 4 year student to sit there and not speak a word of Thai, I obviously didn't do anything wrong because I got the best treatment and let off of at least 2 faults without even a hint at being in the wrong. But no I didn't get embarrassed or feel as if they could make fun of me because my ego is not that big, maybe you have this problem?