Telephone Area Code for Chiang Mai

horstthaivisa

Some friends gave me phone numbers for Chiang Mai starting with phone "Area Code 052" ?

So far I know general phone "Area Code 053" only for Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Lamphun, Mae Hong Song etc.

Does somebody know whether there is a new (and perhaps additional ?) phone "Area Code 052" for a/m towns/provinces ?

Area code for Chiangmai and Maesariang is 053 although it is billed as a long distance call.

Doesn't really matter as the area code is part of the phone number here in Thailand regardless where you are. Even if you dial from area code 053 to another 053 number you still have to add the [053 + number].

If the number given to you has 052 + number dial it and see if it is correct.

• Like 1

The area code for Chiang Mai, as far as I know, is mostly 053 and 66 53 followed by the actual phone number if phoning from abroad.

I do believe there is also an 052 exchange phone number for Chiang Mai, but the 052 is more often used by businesses and companies rather than residential lines.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

I questioned a business when they gave me a 052 area code and was told that 053 is considered filled and 052 has been started for new service. Now is this only for businesses as Bettlejuice suggested? I do not know. I just know to not be surprised when I am given or see a 052 areas code for in and around Chiangmai.

The area code for Chiang Mai, as far as I know, is mostly 053 and 66 53 followed by the actual phone number if phoning from abroad.

I do believe there is also an 052 exchange phone number for Chiang Mai, but the 052 is more often used by businesses and companies rather than residential lines.

Meanwhile I got confirmation that besides of usual area code 053 for Chiang Mai province there is used a new additional area code 052 but mainly for business customers. For example 3BB Shop in San Pa Tong south of Chiang Mai having landline phone number 052-000087.

So nobody should think that area code 052 is wrong and/or not existing.

My previous phone number with T&T started with 052 even though I lived in Chiang Mai, many people questioned this when also asking for my address, some even suggested that I must live in Lamphun. this number was with me for about three years up till about three years ago.