Suvarnabhumi Airport vows to take theft of disabled parking seriously

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport vows to take theft of disabled parking seriously
By Coconuts Bangkok

cars_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Suvarnabhumi Airport announced it will take action against misuse of disabled parking spaces after several photos of luxury cars parked in the privileged spots circulated on Facebook.

Prapon Patim, Director of Suvarnabhumi International Airport, today responded to a popular message online to the Traffic Police showing luxury cars from a Lamborghini and BMW to a Mercedes parked in spaces reserved for drivers with disabilities last week.

User Ratchaon, who submitted the photos, suggested the drivers may suffer from “disabled brains.”

From now on, the airport will instruct security guards to keep an eye on the disabled parking spaces and put up signs to publicize that they will “remove the cars of violators from the spaces,” according to the statement. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/12/suvarnabhumi-airport-vows-take-theft-disabled-parking-seriously

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-13

• Like 1

So if the little parking pass which looks like purplish or grey paper (with the '500' or '1,000' on it) isn't shown or handed over to the parking attendant, they should be reprimanded. I believe that's the current system for disabled parking.

No agency in Thailand, government or ngo takes disabled matters /parking etc seriously.

They only pay lip service to it, disabled people are THIRD class citizens, not important, because they dont have BIG money.

Money talks here nothing else.

High value cars, i have money can do what i like.

Central Festival in Phuket has a special parking zone for super cars but none for the disabled. Yes they believe they can do what they like including out on the roads. I asked my daughter one day why she thought Fortuner drivers were so rude & she said because they think they are hi so.

• Like 2

In general disabled people are not respected in Thailand. Why they announce now they will take hard measurements against parking violations? Why not yesterday, last week, last month? They for sure knew about this but they just don't care. The fact that people start to react on facebook, line etc.. gives me hope.

Just to let everyone know....they only park there after tipping the security guys standing there by the elevators on each floor. I gave the guy 50 to park between the pillars on the other side......while his buddy was parking a super car in the handicap spot, but I don't know what he got paid.

Slap the driver side windshield with one of those dreaded stickum posters that take all day to scrape off one centimeter at a time.

This is the answer. In UK that's how we controlled illegal parking much more effective than a fine.

• Like 1

Until we see these tin cans being shipped out on trucks and the owners named and shamed then this is just BS / hot air. The contempt for the disabled in this country is outrageous be it from idiotic / selfish motorists or those in positions of authority who turn a blind eye and let them get an ever rougher deal than they get already.
Shocking and appalling. End of

• Like 1

No agency in Thailand, government or ngo takes disabled matters /parking etc seriously.

They only pay lip service to it, disabled people are THIRD class citizens, not important, because they dont have BIG money.

Money talks here nothing else.

High value cars, i have money can do what i like.

Central Festival in Phuket has a special parking zone for super cars but none for the disabled. Yes they believe they can do what they like including out on the roads. I asked my daughter one day why she thought Fortuner drivers were so rude & she said because they think they are hi so.

No actually you are incorrect. They do have them and they actually have a security guard that will not let people without the proper pass park in them. True story.

how can you tell if the car is used by a disabled person?

In Belgium it takes a license delivered by some official instance and when you park your car in a handicapped spot you need to stick the license on the inside of your windscreen, simple no?

• Like 1

tell tow truck drivers they get to keep the cars that break the laws and watch this thing get clean up real quick smile.png

glad to hear that the security people will keep an "eye" on it! what will they be doing with the other eye? also keep their hands in their pockets! and if they try to do something some rich ass hole will probably have them punched out!

• Like 1

Hate to put it like this, but security guards come from the lowest strata of Thai society. From the day they are born they are taught obeisance to the rich and influential, just like serfs. I doubt there's a single guard anywhere in this country with the balls to stand up to a self-entitled little big man, the world's most repulsive creature.