90 days renewal, new rule since January 1st

I have just been to Korat for my 90 day report. Only to be told I must go to the office where I got my visa which is Rayong. I told the officer she was wrong and asked her to please get her supervisor, when he came he explained that one must do the 90 day report where they get their visa, this is a new rule started 1-1-15.

I called an Immigration officer I know & he informed that this is correct but he fixed it for me this time, next report I must go to Rayong.

I can not understand the logic of this but then again TiT.

and here is silly me thinking that they want falang here and spend their money:::::::::::WRONG they only want the money.

Was it your 2nd report in Korat or was it the first time?

You could mail in your reports to Rayong. You would need to use your home address in Rayong on the self addressed envelope. No problem for the mailing post office being from somewhere else.

This was my 2nd 90 day report @ Korat, 1st one no problem.

As it was explained to me by the supervisor and The I.O. I know, it is a new rule and NO, one must go to the office where you received the visa so I guess no post is allowed. My retirement fall due in May so next time which will be 16th April I will renew my retirement visa. Another way around this if one lived close to a border you could do a border crossing.

Looking at this from another angle if you were on holiday in Phuket one would have to return to say C.M if that is where he got the visa. This makes no sense at all.

I have just been to Korat for my 90 day report. Only to be told I must go to the office where I got my visa which is Rayong. I told the officer she was wrong and asked her to please get her supervisor, when he came he explained that one must do the 90 day report where they get their visa, this is a new rule started 1-1-15.

I called an Immigration officer I know & he informed that this is correct but he fixed it for me this time, next report I must go to Rayong.

and here is silly me thinking that they want falang here and spend their money:::::::::::WRONG they only want the money.

You could mail in your reports to Rayong. You would need to use your home address in Rayong on the self addressed envelope. No problem for the mailing post office being from somewhere else.

Joe, If I put a home address in Rayong on the form it would be illegal as I no longer have a home address there. I moved to Korat to live.

Joe, If I put a home address in Rayong on the form it would be illegal as I no longer have a home address there. I moved to Korat to live.

You should inform Korat immigration of your change of residence. They they would then do your 90 day report,

Fill out a TM28 change of address forn and give it to them along with the 90 day report.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm28.pdf

• Like 2

You should inform Korat immigration of your change of residence. They they would then do your 90 day report,

Fill out a TM28 change of address forn and give it to them along with the 90 day report.

Joe I did that 1 week after I arrived here. They tell me it makes no difference. I also pointed this out to the officer.

Perhaps if someone from TV could contact Immigration in BKK to clarify this new rule it may help others.

Joe I did that 1 week after I arrived here. They tell me it makes no difference. I also pointed this out to the officer.

Perhaps if someone from TV could contact Immigration in BKK to clarify this new rule it may help others.

If there is a new rule it would not apply in your case. It is nuts for them to be telling you have to report to Rayong after you have moved to Korat and notified them of it. That is the same as telling you that you cannot report until you have done an extension there.

I can see them coming out with a rule saying you still have to report to your home office if you are traveling around Thailand. That would not be to bad because for most people they could do a mail in report.

Getting answers out of immigration now is like pulling hens teeth.

it is still not clear whether the original issuing office will accept an address that is not in their region for the 90 day report.and continue to accept addresses out of their region. we need confirmation of this.

They will not accept a 90 report unless you have a local address to put on the TM47 form. This has been the rule for a long time.

As said in an earlier post Korat immigration was accepting a report with a Buriram address which was an exception to the rule.

WE need confirmation on many things with Immigration.

I was told by the I.O. there are many new rules that started on 1-1-15.

Rules would be a new police order and there has been no new one issued since August of last year.

There may be a policy or procedural change about accepting 90 day reports.

In your case they should accept your report because you no longer have an address where you did your extension.

I would go back and ask them how you can make a report in Rayong if you no longer live there. You need to get a supervisor involved.

Whats has been explained to me by both Korat and Kap Choeng Immigration is they go by where your extension was issued and they actually said if its says Pattaya no. They will only do a 90 day report if the extension is issued by them.

That is nonsense. If that is true then how would somebody move to another part of the country.

I cannot see immigration making such a rule. If a person moves they cannot make a report to where they did their extension because they no longer have an address there to report.

I can see them doing that if a person is traveling around the country. But not it they move and present proof of residence in their area responsibility should do it.

I did get a supervisor involved and he was the first one to tell me about the new rules.

Who knows what really goes on, they wont be telling us that's for sure.

It is time for you to call the 1111 help line. Tell them the problem you are having.

You have moved and have given them notice of that not trying to do a report because you are traveling around the country.

Whats has been explained to me by both Korat and Kap Choeng Immigration is they go by where your extension was issued and they actually said if its says Pattaya no. They will only do a 90 day report if the extension is issued by them.

That is nonsense. If that is true then how would somebody move to another part of the country.

I cannot see immigration making such a rule. If a person moves they cannot make a report to where they did their extension because they no longer have an address there to report.

I can see them doing that if a person is traveling around the country. But not it they move and present proof of residence in their area responsibility should do it.

Moving and using the TM 28 and TM 30 to reestablish is accepted. Short of that they are kicking it back and saying no.

Moving and using the TM 28 and TM 30 to reestablish is accepted. Short of that they are kicking it back and saying no.

That is what I have been saying but your post appeared to contradict that by implying it was in all cases you had to go where your extension was issued.

• Like 1

That is what I have been saying but your post appeared to contradict that by implying it was in all cases you had to go where your extension was issued.

No contradiction Joe we are on the same wave link.

This is the same they told me at the Korat office yesterday.

You said you had informed them of your new address. Did you show them any proof of that.

Perhaps you need to go back and show them the proof you notified them of your new address.

You said you had informed them of your new address. Did you show them any proof of that.

Perhaps you need to go back and show them the proof you notified them of your new address.

Why? It should all be on their computer. Proof, I have a Thai witness.

Edited by Jessi

Did they even check the computer or did they just look at your TM47 form and your passport showing your extension was done in Rayong?

If you filed a TM28 you would have a receipt for it or if your land lord did a TM30 they would have the receipt for it.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been reports of it happening in other areas of the country.

If you are traveling around the country you can no longer do a report at another immigration office. You have to go back to the office that did your extension or mail it to them if allowed.

It is the same as before that if you move permanently to another offices area you have to notify them of your new address so that you can do the report to them.